Dining for 2

Lam8

If you truly want a (romantic) table for 2, do NOT use select. Although it provides 'flexibility', tables for two are separated by a couple of inches from other tables for two, so you are really at a table for 6. (We find the same in Blu - not real tables for two.) We are hoping for better in Luminae when we try it for the first time in a few weeks.

I would choose late seating in the MDR and when you board, check your assignment. We have always had a table for just the two of us here, where our conversation was just between the two of us.

I would check your seating assignment after you board. Physically check it out. If not happy, see if you can make a change.

In Blu on one ship, we had 4 tables of 2 separated by about 10 inches which really ended up being a table for 8. I felt bad for the wait staff as well.

I would check your seating assignment after you board. Physically check it out. If not happy, see if you can make a change.

In Blu on one ship, we had 4 tables of 2 separated by about 10 inches which really ended up being a table for 8. I felt bad for the wait staff as well.

You are going to get many different answers here. On our last five or six celebrity cruises we have used select and had no problem with being seated at a table for two. I find all tables for two are fairly close together.

You are going to get many different answers here. On our last five or six celebrity cruises we have used select and had no problem with being seated at a table for two. I find all tables for two are fairly close together.

Not ALL. As I stated previously, we have found this to be the case in Blu and when using select. We have NOT found this to be the case in the MDR (although it MAY be now with the reduced size for Luminae). We have been seated at a two top both by a window on M class and by the wine tower on S class where there was enough room for the waiters to pass through between us and the larger tables nearby - not just inches as elsewhere.

Not ALL. As I stated previously, we have found this to be the case in Blu and when using select. We have NOT found this to be the case in the MDR (although it MAY be now with the reduced size for Luminae). We have been seated at a two top both by a window on M class and by the wine tower on S class where there was enough room for the waiters to pass through between us and the larger tables nearby - not just inches as elsewhere.

We have heard from both pax and a waiter friend of ours and yes, since the addition of Luminae, 2-tops are very close together.

We've been doing Select for many years, always a 2-top, and even though they are rather close, have never personally had a problem with it. For us, it is the best of both worlds: If you want to strike up a conversation you can, if not, you can concentrate on your partner. Wouldn't trade it for a larger table for any amount of $$$.

We always prefer a table for 2 and they are close together. On the Summit, if you choose select dining, the entrance to the dining is on the 5th floor (scheduled seatings enter on the 4th floor). There is a row of two tops just past the entrance which have no one next to them. They are not next to a window, but have a nice elevated view . We found these tables very nice, as there was no one on top of your table.

Also, when we arrived at our reserved time (and you can make reservations in advance for select dining), we were always asked whether we wanted a table for 2 or a larger table with other guests. After the second night, we were always shown to the same table since we had expressed our preference for that table.

As others have said you should be fine with select dining. If you want a really romantic night I would suggest you consider one of the specialities. There have been many posts about cost, value for money...but when you look at the cost of a couple of speciality nights as part of your overall cruise cost it really is viable. Tuscan Grill has amazing sea views, Murano's has table side preparation, in my opinion well worth the upgrade for some special meals together.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Our preference is to dine as a couple sometime after sunset. What type of seating arrangement should we choose? Thanks for your help.

Choose first(or second) seating for 2 in the MDR.Should this not be available,then choose select..When you get aboard go to the MDR & see the Maitre D. Politely ask for a table for 2 on either first or second seating. We do early seating(which fills fast)usually wwe get select dining & see the Maitre D to change to a table for 2 first seating.It's always worked for us.

I like the idea of having a set table in the MDR. On Constellation, we had a table for 2 away from other tables for the duration of the cruise. It worked out fine. Walking in with Select Dining, there may not be the same guarantee each evening.

Thank you so much for your advice. Chemo we have made some bookings in the specialty restaurants, thought we would try some room service on our balcony but that becomes a problem with the drink package and will take the advice to see the maitre d on arrival to sort it out. Cheers everyone