Had no issues with the "Classic" Drink Package on Constellation

tartana

After all months of research and reading reviews and opinions, I just thought I would give my "take" on the Classic Drink Package as many people have wondered if you will feel the need to spend more to get the Premium Package. My daughter (age 22) and I booked our Mediterranean Cruise on Constellation which included the Classic Drink Package. This was a great deal in my opinion! Not only were almost all "basic" alcohol drinks included, this package included all the specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, basic bottled water (which was fine), canned soda pops, smoothies, etc, etc, etc.... In our 10 day cruise, the only thing I asked about that was not included on the Classic package was the "drink of the day" occasionally because it was made with more "premium" alcohol. Usually, once they got to know you, they would make nearly anything you wanted to "pass" the classic package price point. The wines I had in the MDR were fine - I had nice Pinot Grigios or a nice rose every evening. (If you are very fussy about wine, you may want to upgrade, but I am not). I didn't actually try to order a martini at the martini bar, but I did order a couple of just regular drinks there with no problems at all. I am used to travelling all inclusive and I just wanted to confirm that the Classic Package was great for us - There was virtually nothing we couldn't have that wasn't included in our package. The value alone even for non-alcohol items is excellent! It wouldn't have been fun having to think about paying for all those things.

Edited by tartana

We just got off the Eclipse and I concur that the Classic Package was more than adequate.

We had lattes each morning either in the Oceanview Cafe or at Cafe al Bacio. In Oceanview we had fresh squeezed OJ, and once or twice had a mimosa or a Bloody Mary.

Margaritas, Mudslides, White Russians, Mojitos, Screwdrivers, Irish Coffees. We often stopped at one of the bars to pick one up, or a waiter in one of the cafes or lounges got them for us.

At dinner, a glass of wine and a latte with dessert. A drink at the evening show either picked up on our way or from the waiter.

Tea or specialty coffee at Cafe al Bacio after the show.

We drank tons of bottled water, too.

No one ever asked us to upgrade, and we never had to ask if something was on the Classic Package.

Edited by texasgirl29

Thanks for this info. We have the classic on our Silhouette cruise & I'm glad to know we won't have to upgrade. I'm not that fussy about brands & wines, so I think we'll do just fine. We've never had a pkg. before so I'm looking forward to it! ;)

Thanks for the positive comments...So many people had been "knocking" the Classic Package saying you'd wish you had premium, so I just wanted to give a true opinion by someone who definitely used the whole package....mimosas and coffees/cappucinos/lattes in the morning; beers/ Smirnoff Ice/various cocktails including Caesars/ smoothies/ frozen coffees/ wines/sparkling wines/ more cocktails at night/ lots of bottled water on and off the ship/ canned soda pops/ fresh squeezed juices...... the list goes on - and it was MORE than efficient :) Yes, if you like particular expensive wines or "craft" beers (of which I am not a fan), you may want to go premium, but otherwise, enjoy the classics :) Also, I don't think I would go without at least a classic package. Otherwise, you'd constantly be getting billed for ALL the things listed above - that wouldn't be fun in my opinion. Cheers!

Thanks for the info, this is really very helpful. We have a classic package included in November, and was wondering if we would need to upgrade ... By the sound of it we will be just fine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for this! I've been wondering if the specialty coffees were included in the Classic - so happy they are! And also very good to know I won't need to upgrade to premium to enjoy the drinks I like. DH and I are not into fancy wines or craft beers either. So glad you posted! :)

I wanted to add that we hardly ever waited very long for our order, and if we stopped by the bar, even faster. The only exception was in the Celebrity Theater which could use more wait staff. The lady in the balcony did an excellent job but she could have used a couple more servers to help out.

Whenever my husband saw someone signing for a drink, he'd say, "Hey, look! Someone is actually signing for a drink!" Mostly just cards changing hands and somehow they always got it back to us.

My MIL, who didn't have the drinks package, remarked to us, "Well, you certainly got your money's worth, didn't you?"

Our daughter with the non-alcoholic classic package loved hot chocolate, tea and especially the "tea over ice."

Yes, the theatre on Constellation seemed like it should have had an actual bar where people could get their drinks nearby. I felt bad for the servers there- too many people and hard for them to get around.

We had the classic pkg on the Equinox this past May and it was great. We thought about upgrading because we do enjoy a martini, but since this was an included perk, we just drank what was available and were quite satisfied. The upgrade is only $11.80 but that's times 2 which becomes $23.60 and since our cruise was 12 days that equals $283. I chose to spend that on souvenirs.

As a rule, we usually don't get the beverage pkg because we are not big drinkers especially on a port intensive cruise, so this was really a nice treat.

Thanks for taking a moment to post about your experience. No need to ask for a list nor carry one around ;) Tell the server what pkg you have, and presto they will make it happen! Thanks again for filling everyone in.

EW

A general question on this topic, as I have a Classic package on my Med cruise next summer: If I wanted to get a drink that's not included in the package, can I do so and just pay the price difference? Or do I have to buy the drink outright?

A general question on this topic, as I have a Classic package on my Med cruise next summer: If I wanted to get a drink that's not included in the package, can I do so and just pay the price difference? Or do I have to buy the drink outright?

You have to pay the full price.

This is one of the fine line points of the packages, as most times the bartenders can make most any drink in the book to fit within the $$ allowances of the pkg. But if you want something from say the new World Bar, one of the craft beers, or a better glass of wine, then you will have to pay the entire cost of $12-14 dollars.

If you do one a day, you will be better off upgrading to the Premium level for only $11.80 per day, which allows you to have as many as you want, from as many different place as you see fit.

You're assuming that everyone think "craft beers" are good....I don't care for them at all!!!

Oh, but just up the Interstate a bit from you in Milton, Del is the most wonderful craft Brewery on the East coast, Dogfish! You try a couple and it will forever change your thoughts about craft beer's.

There are some they brew that we cant get in Texas, cause they sell out too fast.

ps: Dogfish is in the selection on Celebrity!

Edited by wallie5446

And you think it wasn't extra in your price!!

Not always it aint!

Our Nov 10 day on Equinox with the Texas resident discount and no perks is $489 pp higher now than when we booked and got all 3 with double the OBC.

I don't know why anyone would book at those rates!