Had no issues with the "Classic" Drink Package on Constellation

tartana

Thanks for the positive comments...So many people had been "knocking" the Classic Package saying you'd wish you had premium, so I just wanted to give a true opinion by someone who definitely used the whole package....mimosas and coffees/cappucinos/lattes in the morning; beers/ Smirnoff Ice/various cocktails including Caesars/ smoothies/ frozen coffees/ wines/sparkling wines/ more cocktails at night/ lots of bottled water on and off the ship/ canned soda pops/ fresh squeezed juices...... the list goes on - and it was MORE than efficient :) Yes, if you like particular expensive wines or "craft" beers (of which I am not a fan), you may want to go premium, but otherwise, enjoy the classics :) Also, I don't think I would go without at least a classic package. Otherwise, you'd constantly be getting billed for ALL the things listed above - that wouldn't be fun in my opinion. Cheers!

Smirnoff Ice bottles are included?

Does the premium non alcohol coffee cover the specialty coffees which do have alcohol in them. Coffees at Café Bacio cost close to $10 each for specialty coffees. A couple of these each day , add a bottle of water and your $20 is cut out very quickly

No, the non-alcoholic package does not cover any drinks with alcohol in them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is there flavoured sparkling water available on board? Would the classic pkg cover this?
No and no. Besides the majority of coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio, the classic package will cover soda, juice and generic still bottled water. Upgrading to premium will entitle you to Evian, San Pellegrino, Red Bull and Vitamin water.

What is the cost of the Classic package. We are on the Reflection in October and dont have any OBC or a drink package like most have got on this cruise. We will get our free drinks in Happy Hour and the have to buy them. We are not big drinkers. Can one person get the package and the other not.

I wish I could find a TA who we can book through that will give us some perks. Hope someone can give me a hint as feeling very down on a Sunday aft reading what perks everone has got.

Thanks

Price is $55 per night plus 18% gratuity for Classic Pkg. $65 per night plus 18% gratuity for Premium.

Yes, just one person can purchase a pkg. However, that person is not supposed to share. For example, the pkg owner can't get a drink, give it to their significant other, and then go get another one.

If you aren't a heavy drinker, or even a moderate drinker, you may be better off just buying pay as you go.

But also remember, if you have a Classic alcohol pkg, you can also get bottle water, specialty coffee. Coke products, etc either in can or from fountain, in addition to any mixed drinks, wine (a certain few) and some beer such as Bud, or Hineken, etc.

What is the cost of the Classic package. We are on the Reflection in October and dont have any OBC or a drink package like most have got on this cruise. We will get our free drinks in Happy Hour and the have to buy them. We are not big drinkers. Can one person get the package and the other not.

I wish I could find a TA who we can book through that will give us some perks. Hope someone can give me a hint as feeling very down on a Sunday aft reading what perks everone has got.

Thanks

After all months of research and reading reviews and opinions, I just thought I would give my "take" on the Classic Drink Package as many people have wondered if you will feel the need to spend more to get the Premium Package. My daughter (age 22) and I booked our Mediterranean Cruise on Constellation which included the Classic Drink Package. This was a great deal in my opinion! Not only were almost all "basic" alcohol drinks included, this package included all the specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, basic bottled water (which was fine), canned soda pops, smoothies, etc, etc, etc.... In our 10 day cruise, the only thing I asked about that was not included on the Classic package was the "drink of the day" occasionally because it was made with more "premium" alcohol. Usually, once they got to know you, they would make nearly anything you wanted to "pass" the classic package price point. The wines I had in the MDR were fine - I had nice Pinot Grigios or a nice rose every evening. (If you are very fussy about wine, you may want to upgrade, but I am not). I didn't actually try to order a martini at the martini bar, but I did order a couple of just regular drinks there with no problems at all. I am used to travelling all inclusive and I just wanted to confirm that the Classic Package was great for us - There was virtually nothing we couldn't have that wasn't included in our package. The value alone even for non-alcohol items is excellent! It wouldn't have been fun having to think about paying for all those things.

Dear tartana could u re confirm from you whether the classic (alcohol) pkg got you the coffee cocktails (speciality coffees) at al Bacio ? There have been suggestions that only premium and not speciality coffees are covered by the classic package. TIA

Dear tartana could u re confirm from you whether the classic (alcohol) pkg got you the coffee cocktails (speciality coffees) at al Bacio ? There have been suggestions that only premium and not speciality coffees are covered by the classic package. TIA

Yes, I got the Aspen coffee which included alcohol on my Classic Package. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be included but it was when I asked for it.

:) thanks . was it delicious? The description is yummy

just tasted like a "spanish" coffee if you've ever had that before. It was nice - - Drinks like that are hard on my stomach though - combination of coffee and strong alcohol lol. The presentation of everything at El Bacio is very nice.

just tasted like a "spanish" coffee if you've ever had that before. It was nice - - Drinks like that are hard on my stomach though - combination of coffee and strong alcohol lol. The presentation of everything at El Bacio is very nice.

Thanks . Nope I'm not familiar with Spanish coffee but will be sure to get to know the Bacio menu :) and I guess if my classic pkg doesn't get one of those I will just pay as I go.

Thanks . Nope I'm not familiar with Spanish coffee but will be sure to get to know the Bacio menu :) and I guess if my classic pkg doesn't get one of those I will just pay as I go.

YMMV, but everything should be covered if you have the classic package with the exception of those items listed in the other favorites and more favorites section of the menu. The hot chocolate is covered though.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria

YMMV, but everything should be covered if you have the classic package with the exception of those items listed in the other favorites and more favorites section of the menu. The hot chocolate is covered though.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria

Thanks. I'm keen on the coffee cocktails and this is good to know!

Yes, a martini at the Martini Bar is not covered by the Classic Pkg.

Sometimes a bartender at the Martini Bar will make of of the simple martini's in a regular small size martini glass and charge it to Classic. But they do not have to, and may not if they are slammed with customers.

So, I am assuming from what I am reading that having a martini at the martini bar is extra. I am planning on getting the classic package..................

So, I am assuming from what I am reading that having a martini at the martini bar is extra. I am planning on getting the classic package..................

Yes, a martini at the Martini Bar is not covered by the Classic Pkg.

Sometimes a bartender at the Martini Bar will make of of the simple martini's in a regular small size martini glass and charge it to Classic. But they do not have to, and may not if they are slammed with customers.

For the price of one martini at the Martini Bar, you can upgrade from the classic alcohol package to the premium alcohol package. With the upgrade, you get better wines, craft beers, Martini Bar drinks, World Class Bar drinks as well as upgraded non alcoholic items such as Evian and San Pellegrino water, Vitamin water and Red Bull. You also do not have to upgrade for every day of your cruise, just each day till the end of your cruise on whichever day you decide to upgrade with a minimum of 3 days left.