Had no issues with the "Classic" Drink Package on Constellation

tartana

Would a Gibson be considered a classic gin martini? Just gin, vermouth and onion so seems like it would.

Not really. A classic martini is gin, vermouth and is usually garnished with a cocktail olive. A classic gibson is exactly the same basic drink only garnished with a small coctail onion. Both drinks used Lodon dry gin as the base since vodka still had some 20 or 30 years before it made its way into a martini glass.

Today I guess you can call just about anything in a martini glass a martini.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Not really. A classic martini is gin, vermouth and is usually garnished with a cocktail olive. A classic gibson is exactly the same basic drink only garnished with a small coctail onion.

A Beertini even?:eek:

Not really. A classic martini is gin, vermouth and is usually garnished with a cocktail olive. A classic gibson is exactly the same basic drink only garnished with a small coctail onion. Both drinks used Lodon dry gin as the base since vodka still had some 20 or 30 years before it made its way into a martini glass.

bosco

What exactly is your point?

bosco

I am inferring that VA cruisers was inquiring about whether the Gibson would qualify under the classic drink package, not whether the drink itself would be considered "classic". And as long as the Gibson was made with classic level alcohol such as Beefeaters, it would qualify.

What is the brand of the bottled water that comes in the Classic Beverage Package?

Whatever generic brand that the ship has that sailing. If you go to the premium level, you get Evian as your still choice and San Pellegrino as your bubbled choice.

Whatever generic brand that the ship has that sailing. If you go to the premium level, you get Evian as your still choice and San Pellegrino as your bubbled choice.

Agreed, we have has various sorts of generic and brand water on the classic but all have been the cheap stuff.

What is the brand of the bottled water that comes in the Classic Beverage Package?

There were 2 different "generic" brand waters on our recent Connie cruise. Both were fine with no "dirt" taste. Sorry, I don't remember the names.

So would I be able to get a chocolate martini on the classic package, using one of the classic vodkas, at any bar other than the Martini Bar?

Stoli or absolute would work, but I am not sure if there is a chocolate liquor that qualifies under the classic package. Previous discussions about classic level martinis only covered cosmos, appletinis, and basic vodka or gin versions. Back in early 2013, some patrons were able to get smaller versions of the higher end martinis using their classic package, but this did subside sometime mid 2013 as it really was not fair to those that paid for the upgrade that some patrons were able to plug a loophole that was in the system.

After having the Classic Alcohol package as a perk, I so enjoyed the non-alcoholic options that I would probably purchase the Premium NON-ALCOHOLIC package in the future. It includes all of that and a few other NA options as well. Last I checked it was only $20/day, so the difference in price to add the alcohol is significant. If you're not much of a drinker, that's a great package to consider. Even if you pay a la carte for a few alcohol drinks, you may find that to be an even better value. The NA packages don't get mentioned much!

We have only been on one Celebrity cruise anr d they didn't have the promo at that time . We did exactly as you did. We don't drink a lot of alcohol, maybe one or two drinks on a sea day. We took full advantage of the premium NON alcohol and saved a lot. Looking forward to having the classic package. I double I'll upgrade. The only thing missing is the San Pelligrino and I'll buy a bottle at dinner with my obc if I'm dying for it.

We have only been on one Celebrity cruise anr d they didn't have the promo at that time . We did exactly as you did. We don't drink a lot of alcohol, maybe one or two drinks on a sea day. We took full advantage of the premium NON alcohol and saved a lot. Looking forward to having the classic package. I double I'll upgrade. The only thing missing is the San Pelligrino and I'll buy a bottle at dinner with my obc if I'm dying for it.

Does the premium non alcohol coffee cover the specialty coffees which do have alcohol in them. Coffees at Café Bacio cost close to $10 each for specialty coffees. A couple of these each day , add a bottle of water and your $20 is cut out very quickly

I believe our Oz friends can get a BroadTini made with Root Beer but find it a tad difficult to swallow[emoji12]

Root Beer is like drinking linament but obviously it is an acquired taste learned by Yanks at a very young age. The nearest similarity I can draw to it is Kiwis and Aussies brought up on Vegemite/Marmite ( I wont get into the discussion which is best) yet most non Australasians find it repugnant.

Root Beer is like drinking linament but obviously it is an acquired taste learned by Yanks at a very young age. The nearest similarity I can draw to it is Kiwis and Aussies brought up on Vegemite/Marmite ( I wont get into the discussion which is best) yet most non Australasians find it repugnant.

LOL, great answer.

I wonder if they were referring to the Ashes - cricket (Stuart Broad and Joe Root).:p