Breakaway / Getaway Fireworks

Maybe their insurance company thought twice about shooting balls of fire off a ship and really raised their rates.

I wasn't really that into the fireworks show, and I won't miss it in October, but I do understand people's frustration. There have been a lot of cutbacks and changes in a short period of time. They are definitely ripping the band-aid off quickly. I think one poster nailed it when they said it's all being done in the name of free alcohol. I think the Freestyle choice thing has been really successful for NCL, and they are making cuts to keep it going without drastically raising fares. Personally, I'll take the free UBP over fireworks any day.

Are there honestly people that booked an entire cruise simply because of a 5 minute fireworks show, that might or might not have happened anyway because of the wind? Seriously? I'll send you a box of bottle rockets right now. It wasn't any big deal at all.

Well since you say it's no big deal I guess that makes it ok.

I have to say that I agree with the poster who said that you pick a certain ship and room based on what that ship is providing. Won't ruin the cruise but can't say I'm not disappointed.

Of course there's also the potential that licenses, permits, and association memberships (required for NCL to offer the visual experience) were not renewed for one reason or another.

They can also be revoked . . . but I do not want to give the impression I think that happened.

What cracks me up on this is that someone posts something that they have heard and people debate is it true is it not true, I don't know, I will wait for firsthand blah blah blah.

Hasn't everyone learned by now that every time there is a rumor and someone posts it is always confirmed and true in the end.

Personally I've been on the breakaway three times and have never seen the fireworks so it really doesn't affect me and I'm not going to debate is true is it not true. it's not for me but for some it may be people don't need to comment and say that they are wrong for feeling let down because there won't be any fireworks. It's their opinion and their feelings just like you have yours.

Those who have been on the BA/GA will know that the fireworks show really was not all that big a thing. It being gone hardly changes your cruise experience at all. Very small and short show, no grand finale, etc. It was OK and we enjoyed it but it being gone will not impact us in any way what so ever. Before anyone goes there, it is NOT one of those "its the principle of it all" issues.

Those who have been on the BA/GA will know that the fireworks show really was not all that big a thing. It being gone hardly changes your cruise experience at all. Very small and short show, no grand finale, etc. It was OK and we enjoyed it but it being gone will not impact us in any way what so ever. Before anyone goes there, it is NOT one of those "its the principle of it all" issues.

That's what I was trying to express also for those that haven't sailed yet. The show was not a big deal. I was hoping to lessen the disappointment, but if some want to overreact, so be it. Who are we to talk them down from the edge.

You better rethink that as I'm sure ending their relationship w/ Carlo's is next.... "for your convenience" :eek:

You are actually correct. His cakes are way overpriced and stale by day 3. Also, Like the gelato stand It is never busy. Get rid of both and open a H[emoji102]TERS [emoji3]

Unlike Disney the NCL fireworks are BLAHHH. This was KS. doing anyway. Out with the old, and in with the new.

Ha! The only decent thing about them on my Getaway cruise was that we were sailing near a DCL ship and could see theirs the same night.

You are actually correct. His cakes are way overpriced and stale by day 3. Also, Like the gelato stand It is never busy. Get rid of both and open a H[emoji102]TERS [emoji3]

The day they put a hooters on NCL will be the day I stop sailing with them for good.

Sole reason for booking? No. Factor into choice of ship, and especially choice of cabin? Absolutely.

Agree, it wasn't guaranteed and it doesn't compare to a "real" fireworks show, but it was fun and something to look forward to. Will I cancel my cruise over this? No. Will I pout the whole time and ruin my fun? No. Am I still disappointed? Yes.

Nicely stated and respectful to others.........thanks for your input. :)

No, not at all. Quite boring, really.

Of course there's also the potential that licenses, permits, and association memberships (required for NCL to offer the visual experience) were not renewed for one reason or another.

They can also be revoked . . . but I do not want to give the impression I think that happened.

Glad we enjoyed them when we did!! [emoji6]

You better rethink that as I'm sure ending their relationship w/ Carlo's is next.... "for your convenience" :eek:

No no no. They will cancel to create new and better passenger experiences. Like, not having Carlos' which is just fat and sugars anyway.

We won't cancel. But this sucks. It was something I thoroughly enjoyed on DCL last year & I'm a huge fireworks fan in general.

Ugh.

I booked this past March for next May. It seems like every month something is removed or there is a fee increase.

The cruise better be amazing or we'll be one-and-done for NCL.

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

I've seen quite a few priced-out DCL folks jumping over to GA/BA recently (on DIS). This is a mistake if NCL wants those ex-Disney dollars. Yes it's *just* one thing but it all adds up.

(I really enjoyed the fireworks on GA last month timed to 1980s hair metal bands, it was a highlight of my cruise, just a very fun night.)

In case anyone would like to know what the fireworks looked like, I found this video. It's not the greatest, but it will give you an idea:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, it wasn't the Macy's 4th show, but nobody expects that. It was really nice and I'm sorry to see it go. I honestly do hope NCL tried to fill the gap with something. The 80's party is kind of lame. This was the best part.

In case anyone would like to know what the fireworks looked like, I found this video. It's not the greatest, but it will give you an idea:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, it wasn't the Macy's 4th show, but nobody expects that. It was really nice and I'm sorry to see it go. I honestly do hope NCL tried to fill the gap with something. The 80's party is kind of lame. This was the best part.

I'm sorry. Anyone who tries to minimize the elimination of fireworks as not big deal is just a delusional apologist. We have 7 DCL cruises under our belt and their fireworks although much more "themed" and put together in a production (duh, it's Disney), are very similar to these in terms of quantity and quality. Fireworks are always a treat and something specially the kids look forwards to -- at least ours do. NCL is simply doing a "death by a thousand cuts". None of the changes they have done in the last 6 months by itself is bad, the accumulation and impact of all the them together is what blows, as a customer. They just kissed the our may reservation goodbye. If I can find a suitable replacement for the October one in the next week, they'll say good-bye to that as well.

Think of all the young couples that can no longer get engaged by the lights of fireworks, poor kids, oh well just more time to get smashed on free UBP and cause a ruckus. Well done NCL you really know how to treat your customers (like piggy banks) always wanting to get smashed

I have to disagree on that. I thought it was much better and longer than I expected. For doing it on a cruise ship it was a pretty awesome show. And to be honest something to look forward to instead of the plan standard crap of nightly themed dance parties.

I have to disagree on that. I thought it was much better and longer than I expected. For doing it on a cruise ship it was a pretty awesome show. And to be honest something to look forward to instead of the plan standard crap of nightly themed dance parties.

You're not kidding. The 80's party was a bust when I was on the Breakaway last year. The fireworks were the highlight of it.

Shoot. We leave on the getaway this Saturday. Kids were looking forward to it. Hope it's just a rumor. They wouldn't have known except they watched the video tonight about the Getaway. They have short attention spans, maybe they'll forget!

You're not kidding. The 80's party was a bust when I was on the Breakaway last year. The fireworks were the highlight of it.

People loved the 80s party on GA for my cruise this summer. There was tons of dancing, the crew members in silly costumes, and the fireworks were more impressive than I expected. The cheeze factor was just right. Different crowd, I guess, and it was the music of my childhood so I opted to go along with the silliness and enjoy.

People loved the 80s party on GA for my cruise this summer. There was tons of dancing, the crew members in silly costumes, and the fireworks were more impressive than I expected. The cheeze factor was just right. Different crowd, I guess, and it was the music of my childhood so I opted to go along with the silliness and enjoy.

Then they did a better job on the GA. There were like 4 crewmembers in 80's costumes and they hardly played any 80s music.