Allure of the Seas, 2 nights, would you go for it?

I think I will watch it and see if the price drops (a lot). It is a short two hour drive to the port, but putting it in perspective for the actual time we will be on board, it isn't worth it right now. Hopefully the price will drop as the sailing draws near and it will become a better financial decision. Really appreciate everyone's thoughts....the help provided is what this forum is all about. Happy Sailing everyone!;)

Count me in the minority as a YES.

If it's in your budget, go...life's too short and we don't know what's around the next bend...

I'm booked and staying on the ship...going solo and treating myself to a getaway...prices have gone up since I booked...

There is currently an inside guarantee being offered for this cruise. My advice is to book the cheapest cabin possible as you will not be in your room except to sleep on this short cruise.

Best to you...whatever you decide.

We did a 2 day Oasis cruise last Sept. We live 10 minutes from the port and had been on Oasis previously. We had a blast! It felt like a 3 day cruise because all we did was relax and not run around trying to do it all.

I saw the cruise you posted about and would love to do it but the price is outrageous. For our 2 day we had a balcony because the price was so low. I would go for a 3 day and save the $$.

$750 interior, $860 balcony, for two.

Not at those prices and even if we lived close to the port.

I'm also eyeing a Celebrity cruise that is 2 days and a lot less expensive. It's on the Constellation. $160 for inside.

Now your talking. But only if we lived close to the port.

Edited by davekathy

I'm curious about the 8pm departure that a few people have mentioned - is boarding not allowed at the usual time because of this? I don't see how it makes much difference if you can board at the usual time and enjoy the ship. If boarding is delayed until late afternoon though that would be bad.

• 1 month later...
Hi there!

Reaching out to those who have sailed Oasis and/or Allure. My husband and I are cruise fanatics, but hubby won't have any vacation time for another 9 months. We have never sailed on either Oasis or Allure and this two nighter would give us a chance to experience some of the ship without needing vacation time. Even though it's a little pricey, compared to my usual Florida resident bargain hunting, I am very intrigued by this trip.

Is the on board experience worth it? Hubby loves the promenade on the Freedom class ships and I am seriously considering booking this as a treat to hold us over until we sail the Pacific Coast on Explorer next fall. An added bonus is that this two night trip would make us Emerald. Not a big deal, but a bonus none the less. Thoughts??

Thanks all!:D

2 nights , no way.

We booked it because we have not yet been on the Oasis class of ships, and I have very little vacation time left this year. We live less than an hour from the port, and we grabbed it when it was BOGO 50% off. Just upgraded from an inside gty to a balcony gty when the price dropped. We were on Majesty of the Seas for Labor Day weekend and had $$ left over from our budget [thanks to all the free Elite drinking], so the upgrade was easy on our pocketbook. We reserved all the shows for Fri/Sat and look forward to a new cruising experience. As someone said, life is too short to pass up something like this. A 2-nighter is not something we see often in the cruising world.

We booked it because we have not yet been on the Oasis class of ships, and I have very little vacation time left this year. We live less than an hour from the port, and we grabbed it when it was BOGO 50% off. Just upgraded from an inside gty to a balcony gty when the price dropped. We were on Majesty of the Seas for Labor Day weekend and had $$ left over from our budget [thanks to all the free Elite drinking], so the upgrade was easy on our pocketbook. We reserved all the shows for Fri/Sat and look forward to a new cruising experience. As someone said, life is too short to pass up something like this. A 2-nighter is not something we see often in the cruising world.

While no Allure there's nice little price wars going on between Celebration 2 night out of palm beach and bimini Superfast 2 night out of Miami. Always good for a fast getaway

Count me in the minority as a YES.

If it's in your budget, go...life's too short and we don't know what's around the next bend...

I'm booked and staying on the ship...going solo and treating myself to a getaway...prices have gone up since I booked...

There is currently an inside guarantee being offered for this cruise. My advice is to book the cheapest cabin possible as you will not be in your room except to sleep on this short cruise.

Best to you...whatever you decide.

I'm right there with you! I would do it as well. While I love New York and seeing shows on Broadway, I would rather go to the Bahamas on a nice ship any day then go to New York. If it's in your budget I say go for it! I'm doing the Oasis for a weekend next month for a quick getaway and I can't wait.