Allure of the Seas, 2 nights, would you go for it?

Hi there!

Reaching out to those who have sailed Oasis and/or Allure. My husband and I are cruise fanatics, but hubby won't have any vacation time for another 9 months. We have never sailed on either Oasis or Allure and this two nighter would give us a chance to experience some of the ship without needing vacation time. Even though it's a little pricey, compared to my usual Florida resident bargain hunting, I am very intrigued by this trip.

Is the on board experience worth it? Hubby loves the promenade on the Freedom class ships and I am seriously considering booking this as a treat to hold us over until we sail the Pacific Coast on Explorer next fall. An added bonus is that this two night trip would make us Emerald. Not a big deal, but a bonus none the less. Thoughts??

Thanks all!:D

Hi there!

Reaching out to those who have sailed Oasis and/or Allure. My husband and I are cruise fanatics, but hubby won't have any vacation time for another 9 months. We have never sailed on either Oasis or Allure and this two nighter would give us a chance to experience some of the ship without needing vacation time. Even though it's a little pricey, compared to my usual Florida resident bargain hunting, I am very intrigued by this trip.

Is the on board experience worth it? Hubby loves the promenade on the Freedom class ships and I am seriously considering booking this as a treat to hold us over until we sail the Pacific Coast on Explorer next fall. An added bonus is that this two night trip would make us Emerald. Not a big deal, but a bonus none the less. Thoughts??

Difficult to answer without knowing the price and stateroom category.

Edited by clarea

Not worth for me for a 2-day cruise. That's really one full day on the ship. I'd be more likely to consider it if it was a 3-day.

Kinda my thought also. Since the ship sails at 8pm, it really is only one day.....thanks for the quick response. :)

Setting aside price, I'd be very tempted to tell you to go for it, as the Allure was my favorite ship so far. Two days won't be enough though for you to even see everything, let alone do much. It would just whet your appetite a bit.

Hi there!

It takes 2 days just to get from one side of the ship to the other!! Allure is HUGE. It really takes a lot of time to walk that entire ship. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't see ALL of the ship even if you walked around the entire "2 days."

Might not be worth it. Save up until your DH get vacation time - then take a 7 day. (I know, I know - it's torture to wait that long.)

:-)

We sailed on the Allure twice because we needed that much time to experience everything. We just were unable to cover everything in one week. Just to compare another 2 nighter...the Allure is a bit pricy, but a much better ship than NCL Breakaway which is currently starting at about $529 pp for an interior for a 2 nighter excluding taxes. The Royal Promenade is huge on the Allure compared to Freedom Class ships. I felt claustrophobic on the Liberty promenade. It's up to you to sample it.

What time can you board?

Edited by sauvichick

No way would I spend that for a 2 night cruise. IIRC there were a lot of complaints from last years 2 nighter on Oasis as well. Too much bucks, too little bang. I don't think you get any of your C&A benefits on a 2 night cruise either.

Edited by LMaxwell

I have done a couple 2 days cruises before. They are pretty much just gambling cruises when I do them. There are two things that you should consider

1. that sailing is very expensive

2. The sailing I believe you are talking about it the 2 night in November. I would be concerned what time you will actually be able to board and how the ship might be provisioned since it is just after the transatlantic. If it gets held up in customs and boarding is delayed you could lose much of the first day ( which obviously on a two day is very costly)

I have actually looked at that sailing, if the price dropped enough like the short freedom one I did last January that was under 400 for a single occupancy balcony I would still consider it.

This price seems high to me, question would you consider a nice bed and breakfast or nice hotel stay in a nearby town, maybe a themed trip like a baseball game, a great dinner, maybe limousine service for the weekend. I just think you can get so much more for the price if you investigate land options.

I had it booked as a birthday surprise for my SO. $757 for an interior cabin. I thought about it for a couple of weeks and cancelled. Just too much money for one day in Nassau, limited shows, and no loyalty benefits. We have the Harmony booked for a total of $1,464 in December 2016, and I don't think two nights in an inside on the Allure is worth paying 50% of seven nights in a B2 balcony on the Harmony.

Personally, that is a bit too pricey for me. If it is within your budget, and do not have to take any time off from work, and it will bump you up to Emerald, not to mention getting your cruise fix in, and not have to fly in, it may be worth it to you. Even though you will not get to experience everything on the ship, it would be better than nothing.

Not worth for me for a 2-day cruise. That's really one full day on the ship. I'd be more likely to consider it if it was a 3-day.

I agree. To us it wouldn't be worth the trouble for most any two night cruise, but especially at that price.

Hi there!

I have cruised on both Oasis and Allure twice and the prices you quoted are way out of line for a 2 day cruise. For those prices you could go for a week, or at least 5 days for the cabin types you quoted. I loved the ships but you cannot really get the full flavor in 2 days; you miss all of the shows for one. My vote is pass it up.

Hi there!

I wouldn't like a two night cruise. Day 1 is boarding day and day 2 is packing up day. And at the price you mentioned...no way!

While the Allure non-suite balcony and inside prices have currently dropped to their lowest, they were initially set and continue to remain way too high for this sailing IMHO. I think these prices may drop a lot further after final payment date passes.

IIRC, there were several posts of people who wanted to "sample" an Oasis class ship who swapped out their bookings on this November's 2-night Allure sampler for the 3-night Harmony sampler next November. They, myself included, were able to some great prices for that and other Harmony sailings.

For some people, particularly Florida residents and those that can tack these 2 or 3 night sailings onto another cruise, they are well worth the hassle IF the price is right.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Freedom 2-night cruise in January. Prices dropped crazy low,mane included OBC from Royal. Royal allowed us to purchase drink packages for that 2-night cruise. Shows both night. All in all, it was a great way to introduce some Royal newbies to the Wow factor.

As Big_G suggested, I would continue to monitor prices. And who knows what Royal's next bogo sale will bring when their current sale ends August 16th.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Departure time is 8pm, then you have a day at Nassau, then back to FL at 6:15 the next morning.

It sounds like you'll only get the 3 Saturday meals, and possibly(?) Friday dinner. Does anyone know if the Mamma Mia production will show? I'm considering the same 2-nighter, just to see that musical. But otherwise, packing is too much work for less than 36 hours on the ship.

P.S. I sailed Allure last year...it's astounding!

Departure time is 8pm, then you have a day at Nassau, then back to FL at 6:15 the next morning.

It sounds like you'll only get the 3 Saturday meals, and possibly(?) Friday dinner. Does anyone know if the Mamma Mia production will show? I'm considering the same 2-nighter, just to see that musical. But otherwise, packing is too much work for less than 36 hours on the ship.

P.S. I sailed Allure last year...it's astounding!

at the current pricing. it would be cheaper to fly to new York or vegas to see the "full"production. than pay this much "just to see the scaled down" show on the ship..

I do love the allure though

My price for the 2 nights is 269.00 plus taxes for inside cabin. I booked it. I have been on the Oasis twice for the 7 day duration. I want a quick weekender- taking my sister for a taste of the big ship experience. Been to Nassau a hundred times-probably wont even get off the ship. We will go non-stop on the ship the entire time-2 hyper old ladies!!!! LOLLLLLLLL cant wait :)