Should I be worried

Cruisin 4 Ever

You'll find plenty of great reviews about the Splendor.

You're already booked. Why worry about it now??

If I leaned on and worried about negative reviews, I never would have booked the Sunshine. She gets bashed plenty. Yet there are tons of great things said about her.

People like to exaggerate. Go and enjoy your cruise. I'm sure you will have a great time.

I booked a cruise for myself, DH DD, boyfriend and inlaws aboard the Splendor. Now I'm seeing a few threads that say it's a terrible ship. Did I make a big mistake? This cruise is costing me alot fo $$ because we have to travel in February from Canada so the flights alone for the 4 of us are over $3000!!

You booked a cruise with your husband and your boyfriend? Yes, you should be worried. [emoji16][emoji6]

I wouldn't worry if I were you! I love to read the reviews to look at the pictures that people took of the ships and to get an idea of what to do for our excursions, but when I get to a review and someone is complaining about how terrible everything was, it's hard to stay tuned.

To me, if I'm on a cruise it's not terrible. Yes, something may not go perfect but I guess I just don't let something like that ruin my vacation. I guess everyone just has a different perspective. Just take reviews with a grain of salt!

We were just on the Splendor in May of this year and loved it. The steakhouse was fabulous and I loved the aft pool. The Tandoori grill was great as well. Yes, the decor is pink, pink, pink, but it just felt like a happy ship. I know the crew changes but in over 60 cruises I don't know when I have had better service. We did late traditional dining instead of anytime dining and I have to say, after doing ATD since it came out, that it was a welcomed change. We loved it so much we are going again over Thanksgiving. I hope you have a fabulous time!

I sailed the Splendor 3 times last year out of 10 Carnival cruises, in 2014,. (also last year- Glory, Conquest, Miracle, Dream, this year I added the Freedom and Legend)

It is no better/worse than any other mega cruise ship in my opinion. However- I do prefer the ships with Guy's on board and will those a preference. I do cruise with an itinerary priority, so, a ship is of little concern for me anyway. For some, this ship probably would not be the best choice.

I am going to be on her in a few weeks - first time on Splendor and first time on a Carnival ship.

I also read the reviews on this ship before we chose, and as said many times above - take everything with a grain of salt (some people have one bad thing happen to them (even something minor), and it completely destroys their entire cruise). Having sailed on that other line my last few cruises, and being on their board the last few years, I would never even come near a Carnival ship if I were to believe all of the "opinions" over there.

For me, I/we booked the Splendor because the price is right, it is a cruise itinerary I have never taken before, and I am a solid believer that there is no such thing as a bad cruise.

I am going to write a review of my Splendor cruise (see my link to the pre-review below in my signature, which will eventually become the review) in which I will give a straight-up review of what I liked and did not like. If you read my prior Legend review, although I mostly liked most things, I bluntly stated what I did not. i shall do the same with this one, so follow along, if you like. Hopefully it will reassure you.

I'm sure most people put lots of time and thoughts into their reviews, but I NEVER read them. I like going on vacations with an open mind, without taint. That, and the fact that opinions are subjective.

I look for the fun in everything, and I usually find it, but then I'm an extroverted optimistic type of person.

Having said that, I'd say that the Splendor was a fun ship, I had a ball. I think you and your family will also!

I'm sure most people put lots of time and thoughts into their reviews, but I NEVER read them. I like going on vacations with an open mind, without taint. That, and the fact that opinions are subjective.

I look for the fun in everything, and I usually find it, but then I'm an extroverted optimistic type of person.

Having said that, I'd say that the Splendor was a fun ship, I had a ball. I think you and your family will also!

Well said!

Go into vacation with an open mind and have some fun!

I booked a cruise for myself, DH DD, boyfriend and inlaws aboard the Splendor. Now I'm seeing a few threads that say it's a terrible ship. Did I make a big mistake? This cruise is costing me alot fo $$ because we have to travel in February from Canada so the flights alone for the 4 of us are over $3000!!

WHY is it a terrible ship?? What exactly did the posts say? It's really hard to comment unless we know what made the ship so terrible to those making the claim. Honestly, unless the ship has a hole and is sinking it's hard for me to imagine any cruise ship is "terrible." A vacation is what you make of it so often I think. If an out-of-order elevator, a line mid day on a sea day on the lido, worn decking, too small a room with 5 people squashed in, etc. (these are all real complaints I have heard that made people's cruise disappointing) will ruin your trip then maybe a cruise is not the "right" vacation. Cruising has so much to offer but you must be willing to actually enjoy it.

Personally, I LOVE the Splendor - it's my favorite ship. I've been on her twice now (2013 & 2014) and I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. Aside from being a great clean ship, with an awesome crew, she now has Kevin Donohue - one of THE best CD's I've ever sailed with!

I did a long winded review of the Splendor (the pink reminds me of Bermuda - all is good!) - the link's in my sig - if you want pics & details!

Personally, I LOVE the Splendor - it's my favorite ship. I've been on her twice now (2013 & 2014) and I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. Aside from being a great clean ship, with an awesome crew, she now has Kevin Donohue - one of THE best CD's I've ever sailed with!

I did a long winded review of the Splendor (the pink reminds me of Bermuda - all is good!) - the link's in my sig - if you want pics & details!

Thanks for your reviews and pictures!! As for me I cant read enough reviews.... good bad ugly.......... dont care :p Just cant wait for my turn!! Anything is better than winter in Canada!!

I decided a couple cruises ago to not read reviews except for my own amusement after I sail. I have never had a bad vacation. I went on one and was so anxious from all the "crowds, freezing cold pool, long lines, awful food" etc that I was barely even looking forward to it. It was great. Crowds, pool temp, lines, food were all up to my vacation standards and that is all that matters!

I can't say I don't read them, but I don't put alot of stock into them one way or the other. They are for information only for me. I don't need to be entertained or a blow by blow every single last thing you hated or disliked. Or loved for that matter. They have their purpose and are useful. Just don't rely on them too heavily. It's YOUR vacation.

The funny thing is I had the same experience before I cruised on the Splendor last year. I had never been on a Carnival cruise and was concerned with some of the reviews that I read about how poorly Carnival compared to Royal Caribbean which was the only major line I had cruised with. Then to top it off, I also read some very negative reviews about the Splendor in particular. I was stressed that booking the cruise was a big mistake.

The cruise was wonderful all the worrying was was completely unwarranted. I loved my 8 days on the Splendor and would sail her again in a heartbeat. And all of those reviews that claimed Carnival was so inferior to Royal Caribbean were unfounded as well, in my opinion. The two lines are different but they each have their advantages and disadvantages. Overall I found my cruise on Carnival to be absolutely up to par with my previous cruises on Royal Caribbean. So take the reviews in stride and don’t stress over them.

Have a great time on a great cruise!

Last year I had to switch my cruise frm ncl breakawy(expensive)to ncl gem, I read so many negative reviews and was no longer excited about going, but definately was not gonna cancel! I figured what the hell, at least you can go on a cruise and be catered to for 7 days! Long story short, it was my favorite cruise,although it was only my second, most people enjoy their first because they dnt knw what to expect or look for! I will be sailing 2016, and having a hard time deciding where to go because in the middle of my research I always end up back at the ncl gem dates! And trust me its not the itenarary bahama/florida! Its the ships crew and passengers! Sometimes you have to find out for yourself, im realizing some people find anything to be negative about and will complain about the littlest things! Enjoy your cruise!

Strange. The last 5 Splendor reviews I could find, with posts that push them to the top, had these snipets about the Splendor.

Jamman54

Thanks for following along. You will love the Splendor.

Sixbms

We had a great time. The ship was clean, the staff was happy, the seas were calm, the weather was sunny, and there was as much or little to do as we wanted.

Wiskt

Overall, was a good cruise for us.

SunnydayKim

We had a wonderful cruise on the Splendor

gapearl

I'm just back from the beautiful Carnival Splendor. She's a nice ship

Looks like you'll have a great time.

It wasn't reviews, it was posts. Comments like someone's husband will never cruise again after being on the Splendor. There were 4 or 5 I saw in one day.

It wasn't reviews, it was posts. Comments like someone's husband will never cruise again after being on the Splendor. There were 4 or 5 I saw in one day.

You've been on at least 6 Carnival cruises and have been on CC for over 5-years.

You know the drill with both Carnival and CC.

Nothing is appreciably different with the Splendor than other Carnival ships/cruises. If you liked your past experiences, you'll like the Splendor.

Edit: BTW, did you already book your airfare? If you're paying over $750/person to fly to Miami, I strongly suspect posters here can help you fly at a much lower cost than that to Miami. Let us know your airport you fly out of and dates and we can give you lower cost options.

Edited by fuddrules

You've been on at least 6 Carnival cruises and have been on CC for over 5-years.

You know the drill with both Carnival and CC.

Nothing is appreciably different with the Splendor than other Carnival ships/cruises. If you liked your past experiences, you'll like the Splendor.

Edit: BTW, did you already book your airfare? If you're paying over $750/person to fly to Miami, I strongly suspect posters here can help you fly at a much lower cost than that to Miami. Let us know your airport you fly out of and dates and we can give you lower cost options.

Yes I did book already. I searched for 2 months and found that the prices kept increasing. Part of the issue is it is reading week for university students so flights are at a premium and also the dollar has decreased significantly so a $600 flight is close to $800 for us.

I too sailed on the Splendor a few years ago and my issues were more with the port it sailed out of (New York) rather than the ship itself. At the time Carnival had just started offering FTTF and we purchased it. The ship boarded late and the staff was very disorganized. As I recall we wound up getting a refund of the FTTF because of what happened. I will say the Splendor introduced me to Lido balconies which I am eternally grateful for, I will book on the Lido deck if the ship has cabins available from now on.

As others have said, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work. Enjoy your cruise.

We sailed on the Splendor 3 years ago just 4 days after my beloved youngest brother had passed away. If I could have a great time on the Splendor with what had just happened in my family ... I think it says a lot about what a nice ship she is. Our cruise had been booked and paid for when my brother died suddenly. He loved cruising and I knew that he would have been bummed out if we had canceled because he had passed. Also, it was a spring break cruise and the DS and his girlfriend were really excited about their cruise. Of course there were moments when I kept to myself...but all in all it's a cheery ship with all that pink so it was hard to be sad all the time. I'd sail on the Splendor again anytime.