How far back does C&A go?

Hi, tonight I was little nostalgic and googled the ship my family emigrated from Australia to North America on in 1969. It was the Australis, Chandris Lines. When I posted the photo of the ship, a fellow RC & CC member reminded me that Chandris was taken over by Royal Caribbean and became Celebrity. The next question that leapt to mind, was loyalty points! Does anyone know if Chandris Line cruises were included in either C&A or Captains Club? I know I am drawing a long bow.

Australis.jpg.1eb25776039e9041cb16270b38dd1d8b.jpg

Crown and Anchor goes back to the mid 90's. I don't know how far back the Captain' Club goes. If I had to guess I would think that you could probably get points in the Captain's Club for your 1969 cruise (if you can prove that you were on it) but you would not get Crown and Anchor points as they are separate programs. They have reciprocity but you still have to earn points on each one separately.

C&A goes back at least to 1986 because that was our first cruise and we joined then.

That is interesting information. I wish I could find some early documents from that time. I am a cruise memorabilia collector.

I think RCI referred to their loyalty 'club' as The Viking Crown Cruise Club up until around 1995, when it was formalized and then updated the program to one similar to the current program offering onboard benefits in 1997.

Tahqa provided some good information about this back in April on another thread.

Prior to 1995 it was mainly a part of the marketing effort and provided discounts on some specific sailings for future cruises and did not provide onboard benefits.

My first cruise over Christmas 1992 C&A gave everyone lladro porcelain figurines for as a Christmas gift. Not per cabin either - per person.

Also, I remember them having a C&A lounges in some of the ports where you could hang out and get info on the port.

My first cruise over Christmas 1992 C&A gave everyone lladro porcelain figurines for as a Christmas gift. Not per cabin either - per person.

Also, I remember them having a C&A lounges in some of the ports where you could hang out and get info on the port.

Those were really nice. I remember the one in St. Thomas down the little alley way. It was so nice and cool and there were telephones in there if you needed to call home. They also offered drinks and snacks.

If you have a cruise ticket with a name on it, you can submit it. I doubt they have any set rules that would say no, and they might just give it because you actually asked. I got points for submitting a picture of my seapass cards (which really was only a piece of paper) and a photo of the ship.

I am looking at my original captain's club card and it was a founder's card which I think was around 1998. It seem to me the original program you had to pay for membership but that was celebrity. I am not sure when the C&A program started.

Getting credit for a cruise prior to the program starting was possible a few years ago but I don't know if they still allow it. What they needed was some type of documentation that shows you were on the ship because they do not have passenger lists in their archives that far back. At least not that they can readily access.

Those were really nice. I remember the one in St. Thomas down the little alley way. It was so nice and cool and there were telephones in there if you needed to call home. They also offered drinks and snacks.

They also had nice, clean restrooms. And I believe you were able to leave packages there while doing additional shopping. There was one in San Juan too.

GLAD THAT YOU POSTED THIS. WE WERE ON THAT CRUISE AND EACH OF US GOT THE LLADRO including the children. everyone still has theirs. happy that you reminded me of which year that christmas cruise was.