Can you only book an alcove 2 weeks before your cruise?

GroomsportGirl

Hi there

I called celebrity to book an alcove for a cruise in October and after the lady pressed lots of buttons on her computer and consulted with a colleague....she said I could only book 2 weeks before the cruise?

I thought I had read on previous threads of people booking quite a bit in advance....

Was my advice correct?

Thanks!

We are on the Reflection in October and I was able to book an Alcove on-line without any problem. In fact I booked and my credit card was charged that day; 2 days later I changed my mind on the date so I cancelled the initial booking & made a new booking- the credit for the first booking and the charge for the new booking both showed on my credit card the next day.

We are sailing August 2016 and I have already booked out alcove for the sea days. I booked it online without any issues. Look under your calendar and I believe you can find alcoves in the dining section. Good luck

Just phone Specialty Dining at 800-722-5941 and they will happily book one for you:)

Update.....

So I called them and it turns out that there is a problem with the booking system and alcoves for days at port are not showing at the minute (for my cruise). The very nice celebrity lady has taken my email and she will contact me when it has been resolved!

You can find them in your calendar, itinerary. Look under dining and you can usually find the alcoves in there. At sea and at port are listed separately. I did have a hard time booking more than one at a time. I ended up booking on under my husband, one under my daughter and one under my name. I had tried to book the three different dates at the same time, but for some reason the system wouldn't let me. I think you go under cruise planner. I am trying to access my booking to give you exact info, but apparently both our reservations are being modified.

After you log in select "Manage my Reservation". Then pick "Pre-Cruise Planner".

The Alcove are listed under the "Dining & Beverage" tab. There should be two options "The Alcoves - at Port" and "The Alcoves - at Sea".

Hope this helps.

Alcoves are private seating areas in front of the lawn club, only available on the Silhouette and Reflection ships. You basically hire them for a day.

Views are divided on whether they are a good thing and I understand why some believe they are not worth the money. I would like to book one for a day as we are not planning a shore excursion and it will be nice to have a quiet area to chill out in. We won't have to worry about reserving seats by the pool and being on the grass will just give us a different ship experience for the day! It is close to the porch cafe which we also haven't tried yet.

Yes, opinions are sharply divided, but it seems to boil down to people who don't like them, and don't book them resenting those who do for blocking the view, or reducing space on the lawn.

We have booked one, thoroughly enjoyed it and want to do it again with one condition.

It was too windy to put the top up the day we used the alcove, The sun was intense so I kept moving from chair to chair trying to find shade. I would hope we could raise the roof next time, but that's probably unpredictable.