Military OBC

lovevacadays

The link previously posted in very clear sadly, 20 years service to qualify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to read the 'Veterans' part, not the 'Retired' part. I take it she did more than 2 years.

q Retired personnel

Retired personnel defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service,

B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Please provide a copy of the following:

U.S.: BLUE Uniformed Identification Card (front and back of card)

Canada: NDI 75 Record of Service Identification Card or CF75 Certificate of Discharge

UK: Appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD

q Veterans with an honorable discharge

Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational

discharge if within 90 days of their normal separation date in any of the applicable service divisions listed above.

Please provide a copy of the following:

U.S.: DD 214. Please ensure that Social Security Number has been crossed out.

Canada: VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada) Health Identification Card

UK: Appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD

She wasn't in an active war zone, or educational discharge,, left on marriage only

Read the GREEN highlighted bit. The 6 months in a warzone are for people who did LESS than 2 years. Believe me, I did 9 years, none in an active warzone and always get the OBC.

It's Princess' dodgy wording which is confusing you.

It also states you qualify as long as you served 6 months or longer and were honorably discharged....You need to forward your DD214 to your agent who will forward to Princess. Your brother and his wife should EACH qualify for the military on board credit, depending on the length of their cruise. 10 days = $100 p/p, $50 p/p 5 days, $250 for p/p for 14+ days.

Don't let them wait to close to sailing so they can apply it!

True, misread the post, can try I guess, not sure if would get mine and hers though , worth a shout

If they had a comma after the 2 years, it would read more clearly and make more sense.

This is a fantastic perc only on Princess so a big thank you from our veterans. I sent in my DD214 copy showing I was a veteran of the US Army and they now automatically put my veterans OBC on every cruise reservation. Every veteran gets it so if both pax in the cabin are veterans, both get the OBC. For those of us in the USA, all it takes is a DD214 with the veterans block checked.

Incidentally the last CEO of Princess who instituted this fantastic perc was a Viet Nam veteran and an enlisted grunt in country. He is very active in veteran organizations particularly those concerned with Viet Nam vets.

For the unknowing: a grunt is military talk for an enlisted infantry soldier, backbone of the army.

[quote name='Cruz-OR']Believe this is a Carnival Corp perk so all the lines owned by Carnival provide the Military OBC not just Princess.[/QUOTE]

We've never sailed Carnival but it's my understanding (I could be wrong) is Carnival gives you a military discount on selected sailings where as Princess gives you an OBC per sailing automatically for every Cruise you book once you supply them with a copy of your DD214 (one time only). Again thank you to all Cruise lines that offer the Veteran some sort of recognition.

[quote name='Cruz-OR']Believe this is a Carnival Corp perk so all the lines owned by Carnival provide the Military OBC not just Princess.[/QUOTE]
You may be thinking about the Carnival Corporation shareholder OBC program which is valid on all of their cruise lines. I've never read of anything like the great veteran's OBC that Mr. Buckelew implemented on Princess on any other cruise line.
[quote name='davekathy']We've never sailed Carnival but it's my understanding (I could be wrong) is Carnival gives you a military discount on selected sailings where as Princess gives you an OBC per sailing automatically for every Cruise you book once you supply them with a copy of your DD214 (one time only). Again thank you to all Cruise lines that offer the Veteran some sort of recognition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Prinzkonig']My wife does not qualify, she only served 14 years, it's 20 for OBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]From the form:[/B]
Veterans with an honorable discharge
Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of [B]2 years[/B] or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational
discharge if within 90 days of their normal separation date in any of the applicable service divisions listed above.
Please provide a copy of the following:
U.S.: DD 214. Please ensure that Social Security Number has been crossed out.
Canada: VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada) Health Identification Card
UK: Appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Astro Flyer']You may be thinking about the Carnival Corporation shareholder OBC program which is valid on all of their cruise lines. I've never read of anything like the great veteran's OBC that Mr. Buckelew implemented on Princess on any other cruise line.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cunard automatically applies the credit from Carnival Corporation (others may as well, but no experience with any others).[/FONT][/SIZE] Edited by JF - retired RRT

[quote name='Prinzkonig']My wife does not qualify, she only served 14 years, it's 20 for OBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

My reading of the T&Cs was that the 20 years applied to UK reservists. I did 22 in the TA so got the OBC:D. The 2 years etc. relates to full time service (National Service, regular army etc.)

[quote name='Cruz-OR']Believe this is a Carnival Corp perk so all the lines owned by Carnival provide the Military OBC not just Princess.[/quote]

Strictly a Princess perk.

Started by a Princess exec who was a veteran.