Super Bowl Sunday

Beyondthe7Seas

Hi everyone,

We will be sailing on the 2/7 B2B Caribbean itinerary on the Eurodam. Since we are departing on Super Bowl Sunday, we were wondering what kind of festivities they have on board for this event?

We're especially looking forward to the game since the Packers have been projected to play in Super Bowl 50. . . ;) Thank you for any insights.

Elizabeth

HAL always runs a fun super bowl party assuming they can pull down the satellite signal. We have been aboard several times and they show the game in Show Lounge, sometimes Crows Nest, Sports Bar and on cabin TV's. They have balloons and game day snacks and it is great.

However, seeing it is embarkation day for you, I can't speak to how much they will be able to do. It is always so busy what with all the luggage, getting everyone settled in, staff working special jobs in addition to their usual duties and life boat drill.

Perhaps someone who has boarded on Super Bowl Sunday can fill in that blank.

I'd say don't worry. On our last cruise which departed on a Suberbowl Sunday they showed the game and had a lot of fun activities. There was a full tailgate dinner in the showroom and various drink packages available from buckets of beer to an all you can drink deal at special pricing some even came with VIP lounge chair seating as well. There were also some themed sheet cakes and lots of decorations. Being as it's a Florida departure satellite reception should be no problem. The satellite feed probably won't include the commercials we all love however you can watch them when you get home on you tube. As far as departure day duties for the crew it's all pretty much over by game time no problems there. So in closing I say GO PACK GO!!!!! and see you onboard as my Wife and I will be sailing on the Eurodam for the Superbowl as well.

Michael

We boarded the Eurodam last year on Super Bowl Sunday. We watched the game and had a before dinner drink in the Sports Bar. We left when it was time for dinner in the MDR as we wanted to meet our table mates and enjoy the roast beef. Went to our cabin after dinner and saw the end of the game. I just looked at my On Location and see that at 5:30 there was a Pre-Party in the show lounge. 6:30 Kick-Off was scheduled. The On Location says: Cheer on your favorite team, enjoy snacks prepared by our chefs, and beer bucket specials.

I also see in my On Location that The Screening Room has VIP seating. The VIP package includes unlimited drinks for the duration of the game, food, butler service and a Holland America Line souvenir glass. Cost $79.95pp

Hi everyone,

We will be sailing on the 2/7 B2B Caribbean itinerary on the Eurodam. Since we are departing on Super Bowl Sunday, we were wondering what kind of festivities they have on board for this event?

We're especially looking forward to the game since the Packers have been projected to play in Super Bowl 50. . . ;) Thank you for any insights.

Elizabeth

I hate to burst your bubble but for the Packers to get to the Super Bowl they would have to beat the Seahawks and that's not going to happen =P

I was wondering if anyone knows whether they do anything for the games during the regular season, as I am leaving on the first sunday of the NFL season this year?

I hate to burst your bubble but for the Packers to get to the Super Bowl they would have to beat the Seahawks and that's not going to happen =P

I was wondering if anyone knows whether they do anything for the games during the regular season, as I am leaving on the first sunday of the NFL season this year?

Several games will be available but nothing special taking place to celebrate the games

We left Ft Lauderdale one time on Super Bowl Sunday and they could not get reception to show the game until we were out to sea.

Another time, no problems -- they had a big screen in the Queen's Lounge, shown on TV, etc.

I agree!

Done a lot of Super Bowls and Krazy Kruizers is right! Spot on!

Denise:)

The Seahawks are a great team but now that they have to start paying Wilson what he deserves we shall see what we shall see. Or you could say this year we'll see what we shall see at sea:). I wish good luck and good health to all the teams in the NFL for the 2015/season. May the best team win it all whoever that may be.

Let's not forget about the 'reigning' Super Bowl Champs.........

The PATRIOTS. :)

Hey now -- just remember you have us to thank for your last Super Bowl appearance. Had it not been for Green Bay's epic letdown in the last 10 minutes of the NFC championship game, the Seahawks would have been watching from home. . . :)

Thanks for all of the insights everyone, I really appreciate it.

Amen to that. The Patriots know how to win. A lot of things have to go right just to get into the Superbowl winning is the frosting on the cake. I'm getting pretty excited for the upcoming season.

Michael

Let's not forget about the 'reigning' Super Bowl Champs.........

The PATRIOTS. :)

Hmmm.... Super bowl. 9 am in Christchurch NZ. So do we book a shore excursion or dont we? Will the Pats repeat? (In other words is all of this SO pi##ing Brady off that he will be playing with a giant chip on his shoulder? :D )

Gonna be interesting. (But with a 9am kickoff can we start early with the beer and not be considered lushes? )

What is the super bowl?[emoji458][emoji458][emoji458][emoji458][emoji458][emoji481][emoji1]

It's only four football Emoji, but about a dozen beer glass Emoji, including the clinking ones if your team scores. [emoji482]

Gonna be interesting. (But with a 9am kickoff can we start early with the beer and not be considered lushes? )

Kick off time is kick off time. You start with a Bloody Mary at breakfast. Call it tailgating.