Which Southern Itinerary would you recommend?

cccjenn

I say to a back to back if possible. lol

Otherwise, it would determine which Islands you have been to or not? You cannot go wrong with either options.

We have been to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts on previous cruises.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If it is an option, do a B2B on those itineraries. That is what were are doing in 2016 on the Adventurer.

I wish we could, but we have young children, so we just cannot be gone that long.

Both 7 nights or is one longer?

EDITED to add: nevermind, I just looked it up. Personally, I think you'll get both answers on this board because it's personal preference.

So what do YOU want to do???

I am leaning toward fewer stops and better snorkeling. However, I will make a pro/con list and go from there. [emoji3]

I don't know enough about you to answer. We did option #1 out on Jewel in 2014 and we enjoyed it immensely. Now we are going back on Adventure and doing 3 ports we have never done before.

St Martin we have done, then Aruba, Bonnaire, and Curracao.

It will be along time before I go!

The port heavy option includes three ports we have never done, while the other option includes two ports we have not done. [emoji3]

OP as you can see opinions vary:D If you're doing a southern route I'd disregard the opinions that mentioned an "extra sea day". You're flying to Puerto Rico to see the southern Caribbean - see 5 ports:) And they are are good ones!

BTW - are you sure "St Johns" is one of the ports? I think it's probably St Thomas? Of course you can get to St Johns from there.

That is true. This will be my 4th cruise, and I have been waiting to do the Southern Caribbean for about 8 years!

We did option 1 two weeks ago, except instead of St. Kitts we went to St. Croix (we didn't see much of the island but loved what we did see). We LOVED all of the islands but were exhausted by the sea day. Our favorite was St. Lucia, it was beautiful! I second the Calabaza Catamaran cruise for Barbados - it was fantastic!

We want to do option 2 the next time. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

That is true. This will be my 4th cruise, and I have been waiting to do the Southern Caribbean for about 8 years!

If possible spend a night or two in San Juan and visit Old San Juan, before or after the cruise. Great dining, shopping, visit the old forts, etc:)

We are considering a Southern Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas next spring and would like to know which itinerary you would recommend?

Option 1:

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

St. John's

St. Lucia

Barbados

OR

Option 2:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Curacao

Aruba

Both options sail out of San Juan.

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

OP as you can see opinions vary:D If you're doing a southern route I'd disregard the opinions that mentioned an "extra sea day". You're flying to Puerto Rico to see the southern Caribbean - see 5 ports:) And they are are good ones!

BTW - are you sure "St Johns" is one of the ports? I think it's probably St Thomas? Of course you can get to St Johns from there.

I believe it is St Johns, Antigua.

I believe it is St Johns, Antigua.

There is another island I have to revisit. We had a horrible excursion there, but everyone else in our roll call had a wonderful day. Beaches looked beautiful

We are considering a Southern Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas next spring and would like to know which itinerary you would recommend?

Option 1:

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

St. John's

St. Lucia

Barbados

OR

Option 2:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Curacao

Aruba

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

#2 for the extra sea day and Curacao.

Option 1:

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

St. John's

St. Lucia

Barbados

OR

Option 2:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Curacao

Aruba

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

Option 1 hands down!

St. Maarten has great snorkeling nearby.

St. Kitts has great beaches that are still very unspoiled and secluded and great zip lining.

St. John is GORGEOUS!

St. Lucia is my absolute favorite island with ONLY drive through volcano in the world and the Pitons and great snorkeling and banana catsup!

Barbados is great for seeing turtles and you must see Mushroom rock!

I think it's Antigua.

OP: I think both options are good.

Edited by mizlorinj

There is another island I have to revisit. We had a horrible excursion there, but everyone else in our roll call had a wonderful day. Beaches looked beautiful

I am researching these islands at the moment. What excursion didn't you like and what would you suggest?

I am researching these islands at the moment. What excursion didn't you like and what would you suggest?

The excursion i took was called "a taste of Antigua " It was a pure scam pulled off on Royal Caribbean. After a couple of bad reviews on their site Royal pulled the excursion from their list. We did stop for 5 minutes at a beautiful beach. I hear they have a lot of those. Next time!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Option 1!!!! Just got back yesterday and would do it again. The last 3 islands on that route are the best! St lucia has great sightseeing spots and island tours that can't be beat, antigua has the best beaches, and barbados beach comes in a close second! If you want an extra sea day and have already done the first two islands, pick one of those to stay onboard. Option 2 is good if you like to snorkel or scuba.

ColoradoGurl (and all others who have sailed option 1) -we are sailing in Oct. this year. What beaches would you recommend while at Antigua and Barbados? Also what island has the best snorkeling? (we are sailing option 1 above) My husband isn't as interested in seeing sea turtles and stingrays as he is seeing tropical fish. Our first southern Caribbean cruise! Getting so excited!

Side note: anyone have problems with that stinky seaweed I just heard about?

We would choose Option 2 as we enjoy the variety of excursions in Aruba and Curacao. Have been to each several times. Willemstad, Curacao is a nice walking city with lots to do and a Trolley Train too.

Thank you for your opinion. I am very interested in Curacao.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk