Remaining punches on coffee card??

Cruise2End

I have two coffee cards that both still have punches that remain. I realize the cards are no longer good for unlimited brewed coffee. However can I still obtain a brewed coffee or a coffee drink for a punch with the unused punches?

It was that way about 2 years ago - not sure now...

I have two coffee cards that both still have punches that remain. I realize the cards are no longer good for unlimited brewed coffee. However can I still obtain a brewed coffee or a coffee drink for a punch with the unused punches?

It was that way about 2 years ago - not sure now...

Yes you can still use the punches.

I bought a card and didn't use any punches. Is this as good as a new card? Can I get brewed coffee by just showing the card? I thought i had lost mine so purchased another then found it.

Princess policy answer:

The card should have the ship and cruise number written on the reverse side. It was only good for the unlimited brewed coffee/tea option for that specific cruise. Brewed coffee, tea and espresso drinks can still be ordered and each will cost a punch. No more unlimited brewed coffee with the old card.

The sometimes practical answer:

Depending on who is behind the counter, they may or may not punch your card for the brewed coffee or tea. So you could receive more than 15 cups (number of punches on the card) of brewed coffee/tea

Edited by sknight

Princess policy answer:

The card should have the ship and cruise number written on the reverse side. It was only good for the unlimited brewed coffee/tea option for that specific cruise. Brewed coffee, tea and espresso drinks can still be ordered and each will cost a punch. No more unlimited brewed coffee with the old card.

The sometimes practical answer:

Depending on who is behind the counter, they may or may not punch your card for the brewed coffee or tea. So you could receive more than 15 cups (number of punches on the card) of brewed coffee/tea

^^ Very good post above! Explains what we have always found to be true perfectly! :)

LuLu

I'm wondering if the coffee cards still look the same as a few years back. Mine is mostly brown and has the queen of steam on the front.

Nope. Quite different now. But any unused punches on yours are still good. If you have any trouble using them, ask for a supervisor.

scan%20Coffee%20card_zpsopilpd3w.jpg

We just returned from sailing on the Golden and had old coffee card (shown above)...No problem getting brewed coffee...Golden now has one person at a computer screen and they take you card and your room card. You order what you want and it is transmitted to staff making the coffees. They did not punch our card for anything. When you move over to pick up area they have your name so they call your name and hand you your coffee. It seems to work very well.

• 4 weeks later...
We just returned from sailing on the Golden and had old coffee card (shown above)...No problem getting brewed coffee...Golden now has one person at a computer screen and they take you card and your room card. You order what you want and it is transmitted to staff making the coffees. They did not punch our card for anything. When you move over to pick up area they have your name so they call your name and hand you your coffee. It seems to work very well.

Guess I t all just depends! I was on the Golden in May and produced a brand new card (name of cruise unsigned) in the IC I had purchased the card earlier this year. On first use, man behind the counter gave me the "once-over" for

given him an "unsigned" CC.

On 3 day cruise next week I intend to trade mini-bar for 2 coffee cards. Normally we take the bar setup. Do the new cards have to have at least one punch used to use on Future cruises?

IN March 2012 someone posted:

Your totally unused card can be used:

1. For any specialty, but not unlimited brewed.

2. For any specialty with brewed getting a punch too

3. For exchange to a new card on that specific ship, which will give you the 15 punches and all the fresh brewed; but only for the duration of that cruise.

4. For any specialty and even if you don't use all the punches, you can still use what's left on your next cruise.

Does #3 apply anymore?

Guess I t all just depends! I was on the Golden in May and produced a brand new card (name of cruise unsigned) in the IC I had purchased the card earlier this year. On first use, man behind the counter gave me the "once-over" for

given him an "unsigned" CC.

On 3 day cruise next week I intend to trade mini-bar for 2 coffee cards. Normally we take the bar setup. Do the new cards have to have at least one punch used to use on Future cruises?

IN March 2012 someone posted:

Your totally unused card can be used:

1. For any specialty, but not unlimited brewed.

2. For any specialty with brewed getting a punch too

3. For exchange to a new card on that specific ship, which will give you the 15 punches and all the fresh brewed; but only for the duration of that cruise.

4. For any specialty and even if you don't use all the punches, you can still use what's left on your next cruise.

Does #3 apply anymore?

The March, 2012 post about exchanging a card was referring to exchanging an unpunched playing style coffee card (which had been discontinued) for a new (and current style) Cafe Selects card. The playing card style card did not have ship name and voyage on it.

It was not referring to exchanging Cafe Selects cards.

Any Cafe Selects cards with any unused punches (even 15 unused) can be used on future voyages for coffees that require a punch.

I just recently got off the Crown and started my cruise with a brand-new, unsigned punch card. Despite the numerous times I went to the IC, not a single person behind the counter bothered to fill in the blank back and half the time, when I just ordered fresh brew coffee I just had to flash the card. They never blinked twice about it.