MSC website

gkrnjlr

I just booked our first cruise with MSC (directly) and when I go to the website to add the reservation number to view our booking it doesn't work. I called and was told that we can't add it and view it online. Really????

I then logged in later to the website and now my login information isn't working even when I am logging in with the same email address and password that MSC provided me in a "reminder" email.

Has anyone else experienced this?

For a first time booking I'm not liking the start of all this.

Thanks for any input.

Get this.....

I went to click on "Web Checkin" and put the booking number and info in and it pulls up our cruise. For the four passengers booked (my husband, myself and 2 kids) it has profile information for me already filled in. (We're new to MSC)

The info that's filled in has someone else's email and mailing addresses, passport number, issue/expiration dates, etc. etc.

I'm really not feeling that my information is going to be secure on their website now.

I also just booked my first cruise on their website. They make it as hard as possible, and when you print the conformation, there is no place that shows the price. I had to do a mock booking to get the price back. The one thing that surprised me was after check in, I got my boarding passes already.

I did contact them on Facebook and they told me that I'm not even on the reservation that I have a confirmation for. I told them it was on the confirmation and asked if I should forward it to them. All I'm being told now is that they're looking into it and will fix my login and everything else.

For a first timer with MSC this is an extreme turnoff. Do I really want to cruise with them if I have someone else's complete information (including passport number!) in my profile???

I'd love to try MSC but I'm seriously thinking about canceling at this point. This is nuts.

Get this.....

I went to click on "Web Checkin" and put the booking number and info in and it pulls up our cruise. For the four passengers booked (my husband, myself and 2 kids) it has profile information for me already filled in. (We're new to MSC)

The info that's filled in has someone else's email and mailing addresses, passport number, issue/expiration dates, etc. etc.

I'm really not feeling that my information is going to be secure on their website now.

That sounds like a serious breach of data protection!

I thought so, too. However when I talked to the gentleman at MSC he didn't seem concerned at all.

I'll bet the person, who's details you got, would be! They'd also have a major claim were they to find out! For all I know, it could be me and mine:eek:

Edited by Beamafar

That sounds like a serious breach of data protection!

I too am having problems in the UK with their website check in. I fill it in for both my wife and I and get confirmation email. I then go back in and everything has changed. I have phoned and they say everything is ok with my booking. Final payment is due next week and I am reluctant to pay at the moment. Our dates of birth are now wrong. Email addresses wrong and have someone else,s. Postal address wrong and I am supposingly from Germany. I have now contacted them on Facebook also but waiting for a reply.

I too am having problems in the UK with their website check in. I fill it in for both my wife and I and get confirmation email. I then go back in and everything has changed. I have phoned and they say everything is ok with my booking. Final payment is due next week and I am reluctant to pay at the moment. Our dates of birth are now wrong. Email addresses wrong and have someone else,s. Postal address wrong and I am supposingly from Germany. I have now contacted them on Facebook also but waiting for a reply.

It seems like a very worrying development. I really hope you get it sorted so you can look forward to your cruise like you should be doing without this grief!

I'll bet the person, who's details you got, would be! They'd also have a major claim were they to find out! For all I know, it could be me and mine:eek:

I am in the United States. The person's complete information on my profile is from Italy. I have ALL of their information. It's concerning. I'm NOT going to do anything with it....but in the hands of the wrong person this could be really bad. :mad:

I am in the United States. The person's complete information on my profile is from Italy. I have ALL of their information. It's concerning. I'm NOT going to do anything with it....but in the hands of the wrong person this could be really bad. :mad:

Yes it is very worrying. Still no reply on Facebook but we will live in hope.

I can't get the details of my booking up online either. I contacted them on FB and they were less than useless. I have just gone into the web check-in there after reading some of the above horror stories, and lo and behold they have my mother's dob down as 2/2/49 instead of 2/14/48! It is correct on the booking confirmation they emailed me (although mine was wrong on that!). *tears hair out*

I can't get into my reservation. I'm using the number on my conformation, and it tells me wrong booking number. The name on the conformation is also wrong. They also took the whole amount off my credit card instead of the $200.00 deposit. I'm waiting till 10:00am DST to talk to customer service. If I can't get immediate satisfaction, I will cancel, and MSC can forget about me. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I can't get into my reservation. I'm using the number on my conformation, and it tells me wrong booking number. The name on the conformation is also wrong. They also took the whole amount off my credit card instead of the $200.00 deposit. I'm waiting till 10:00am DST to talk to customer service. If I can't get immediate satisfaction, I will cancel, and MSC can forget about me. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I've had the exact same problem - with the exception that they didn't charge the whole amount. I do think I am going to end up canceling.

I want to try MSC but my information on their system is not secure (I have someone's address and passport info in my profile).....I'm not sure I want to try them "that bad".

Supposedly they helped me on Facebook but I still can't attach my reservation.

I spoke to Jessica at MSC, and she corrected everything for me, but couldn't send a new conformation because it's down. She did put in a credit for the overcharge, and gave me my cabin number, 9054 which is nice on the outside of the ship, not on the notched part. She said she will continue checking to send the e-mail, and I believe her. She seemed knowledgeable and more than willing to help.

Just an update from my last post. Everything has been corrected, plus I got 5% off for my loyalty status, which made the cruise $1308.12. Jessica told me it will take between 3 and 5 days for the overcharge on my credit card to show. That's a normal time for a credit.

I spoke to Jessica at MSC, and she corrected everything for me, but couldn't send a new conformation because it's down. She did put in a credit for the overcharge, and gave me my cabin number, 9054 which is nice on the outside of the ship, not on the notched part. She said she will continue checking to send the e-mail, and I believe her. She seemed knowledgeable and more than willing to help.

Glad you got it it fixed. We ended up canceling because of someone else's passport info being on my account. We don't feel like our info is safe with MSC. Maybe it was just a fluke.....but it's still there!