Differences between S1 and S2 sky suites

Mynki

S1s are located at the aft corners of the ship. Personally, I love their views and openness. They also have a support pole which doesn't bother me at all. S2's are much wider than a standard cabin with more closet space, but the views are not anything special. Before you book either one, look at the comments made on specific cabins! Just my opinion...

Frame of reference: Newer S ships.

Edited by Lastdance

S1s are located at the aft corners of the ship. Personally, I love their views and openness. They also have a support pole which doesn't bother me at all. S2's are much wider than a standard cabin with more closet space, but the views are not anything special. Before you book either one, look at the comments made on specific cabins! Just my opinion...

There are s2s on the aft that have wonderful views. Not a corner but center aft. My favorite is 1669 on reflection.

Depending on the ship (Reflection), S1's are also located on deck 12, If I am not mistaken, they were converted Aqua suites. I agree the views are no better unless you are in an aft cabin. The corner afts IMHO are the best. The pole is forgotten within 15 minutes. Lots of sun on most corner balconies and 270 degree views. A bit of a walk to the elevators but if that does not bother you, it is worth it.

Depending on the ship (Reflection), S1's are also located on deck 12, If I am not mistaken, they were converted Aqua suites. I agree the views are no better unless you are in an aft cabin. The corner afts IMHO are the best. The pole is forgotten within 15 minutes. Lots of sun on most corner balconies and 270 degree views. A bit of a walk to the elevators but if that does not bother you, it is worth it.

I have yet to sail on the Reflection, but I would still choose an S1 hands down; love the corner view...thanks from the above cruisers for their experiences on the Reflection in an S2 aft, deck 12. [emoji572]️[emoji106]🏻

Are you sailing on M class or S class? We had a S1 on Summit that the location, was awful. Should never have been classified an S1 cabin. Deck jutted out under the balcony and another S1 next door jutted out so you could not see the aft. The room itself was fine just the balcony. We took it as there were no more Sky Suites available, now I know why no one wanted it.

Happy Sailing!

Are you sailing on M class or S class? We had a S1 on Summit that the location, was awful. Should never have been classified an S1 cabin. Deck jutted out under the balcony and another S1 next door jutted out so you could not see the aft. The room itself was fine just the balcony. We took it as there were no more Sky Suites available, now I know why no one wanted it.

Happy Sailing!

do you remember what the cabin number was?

On S class ships other than the reflection, the S2 cabins are on deck 12 directly under the pool overhang or the rear overhang so they only get early morning or late afternoon sun. The S1 cabins are on each back corner on each deck. They are a different shape and they seem larger although it may just be the angles. Their balconies are larger than S2s. S2 cabins are 50% larger than the standard room size.

On the Reflection the hump AQ suites are now S1 cabins and these do not have the pool overhang above them.mStayed in one in February and though they were very good, well laid out cabins.

We chose an S2 l on the Reflection under the ocean view cafe and found it a bit windy in the morning when out to sea and friend next door in the S2 did not have the same problem.So We booked the S2 in Spain in Oct. but in 1665 as to not to have to hear the scraping of the chairs early in the morning

On Summit you would want to grab the S1 next to the penthouse. 6145 I do believe. Huge balcony and enormous bathroom. Shower, separate bath, double sinks

I'm so glad reading this. I've booked 6146 on Millennium for a January sailing as I'd read something similar on here, before. I've since checked out another X cruise. When looking up the list of available cabins, 6145 and 6146 were at the bottom. I thought that Celebrity list the cabins in order of desirability which made me question my choice!