Just recently off of Mariner

UUNetBill

Well Minuty Rose is not on the list, but a Dutch passenger alerted us to the fact that it was available during our April 2014 Asia cruise. It ws a delicious luncheon choice! I plan to ask for it during the Baltic cruise and hope for the best. It helps to ask in a charming manner!

Well Minuty Rose is not on the list, but a Dutch passenger alerted us to the fact that it was available during our April 2014 Asia cruise. It ws a delicious luncheon choice! I plan to ask for it during the Baltic cruise and hope for the best. It helps to ask in a charming manner!

This one was recommended to us on this year's Grand Voyage (Voyager) -we rather enjoyed it, and hopefully they will still have it when we sail from Barcelona in October...

I'm quite sure that what you have stated, Travelcat2, is correct however it seems to me that implementing and accommodating the guests for wine service should not be the job of the guests. It is up to Regent to devise a system for the benefit of the passengers regarding wine availability rather than the other way around....in my opinion. This is where comments about service come from.

I'm quite sure that what you have stated, Travelcat2, is correct however it seems to me that implementing and accommodating the guests for wine service should not be the job of the guests. It is up to Regent to devise a system for the benefit of the passengers regarding wine availability rather than the other way around....in my opinion. This is where comments about service come from.

It is the responsibility of the Sommelier to accommodate wine requests from guests. Not certain how comment cards play into this unless you feel that the wine pouring servers at lunch learn more about available wines (which would no doubt be a good thing).

I actually was referring to comments about service on the Cruise Critic boards. I maintain that the available wines should be distributed to each cabin with all the other paper info in the cabin at the start of each cruise. It would eliminate a lot of hassle.....for the guests.

Guess I misunderstood. When I think of comments I think of the cards and I'm not sure I feel that "service" and "wine lists" have anything to do with each other. I understand why passengers want the included list but strongly feel that wine service would slow to a standstill if people went to CR armed with a listing of 30 wines (for reasons described in my previous post). On the other hand, Signatures, La Veranda and Signatures could have the Sommelier discuss the few wine choices that are only available in that dining venue.

I have agreed for a long time that service in Compass Rose can be difficult at times (especially when passengers are not aware of how long dinner will take if you rush over to CR right after an event -- with 400 other people). So, IMO, the last thing CR needs is to have to deal with every possible included wine on the wine list in addition to premium wines, other alcoholic beverages, etc.

On the Mariner in April 2015 we had it but they ran out mid-cruise. The F&B said they were not going to stock it any longer in the fleet. Maybe they will change their minds before your cruise :D

j

Hi, on Mariner in June they had the Minuty rose . We had an impromptu wine tasting seminar when we were unable to tender port in Scicily. They had their wine there at tasting and also in Le Verranda.

We have noticed you don't get the same answer from different staff depending who you ask, for wines or beers.

J.

DaveFR and TC2: Thank you for posting your respective wine lists. I see a few of my favorites are listed and hope that will still be the case when we board on 6 Sep in Istanbul. Glad to see a couple of Rieslings listed. Makes me want to pop a bottle open right now.

Z and TB