A (Delayed) Photo Review! Oasis of the Seas: Western Caribbean - 5/23-/5/30/15

Do they really? All the time? Always?

Once a month or so, from what I am told She will dock on the other side so they can do lifeboat drills on that side of the ship. When she is in Port Everglades on Sundays you see her docked on the other side every so often. 1 of 2 visits on her in Nassau she was docked on the other side.

Can you tell us the cost of the All Access Tour, and how long it lasts? Did you book this in advance, or once you were onboard?

The tour is $150 per person, lasts around 3 hours, and can be booked in advance or on board.

Can you tell us the cost of the All Access Tour, and how long it lasts? Did you book this in advance, or once you were onboard?

I booked once we were onboard. There's a little story behind that though...

We weren't sure whether we were going to do it, and it wasn't going to be a big deal if we couldn't, so on about day 2 or 3, we went to Guest Services to check. Sold out. Oh well, I guess we'll try next cruise. They told us to check a little later in the week in case anyone cancelled. On the night before the tour, we went to check one more time. One spot had opened up. (Since it's a $150 tour, only two of us were going.) We politely turned it down because we wanted to go together, but the Guest Services Officer was curious why we didn't take the spot. We explained, and before we knew it, he was on the phone requesting that one extra person be added to the tour. Wow! Awesome service. That right there is why I love Royal Caribbean.

Elevators Lobby/Stairs/Etc.

Deck 12 (Our Cabin Location)

IMG_0270_zpsu9rr7ofr.jpg

Stairs

IMG_0268_zpsvgkmiehb.jpg

Elevator Lobby

IMG_0269_zpsxi6pgzgc.jpg

Oasis of the Seas Ship Model (Deck 11)

IMG_0821_zps7socqgvj.jpg

IMG_0823_zpsa6pwjujp.jpg

IMG_0825_zpsagw9dkbc.jpg

Great pics and review. I never noticed this before, but on the top of the VCL in the model it shows lounge chairs recessed, looks like between cabins. Is this really up there?

Are my pictures still showing up okay for everyone? My computer isn't showing them, but they look fine on my iPad...

P.s. Many more pictures to come! I still have to finish up the All Access tour, and then I'll be onto Cozumel!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Are my pictures still showing up okay for everyone? My computer isn't showing them, but they look fine on my iPad...

P.s. Many more pictures to come! I still have to finish up the All Access tour, and then I'll be onto Cozumel!

I see beautiful pictures.:)

Pictures are great! Thanks for posting.

I've already made a comment, but just posting again to say how much I love your pictures. Beautiful. We're on the Allure, not Oasis, but sister ship so very similar...and your review makes me much more excited for our cruise. Thank you for sharing.

Alright, so I'm going to finish up with the All Access Tour now. That will probably be the only thing that gets posted today, but I will definitely start Cozumel tomorrow! I Promise!

After seeing the crew areas (and going through security) we were off to the bridge.

Hmm, nice place ya got here... ;)

IMG_0718_zpszigotmbs.jpg

The Beautiful View

IMG_0720_zpsozfjcyl1.jpg

IMG_0726_zpsvalvsu55.jpg

Looking back from the bridge wing...

IMG_0729_zpsh0cisuw1.jpg

Looking forward and down from the bridge wing...

IMG_0725_zpscsr7slbf.jpg

Miscellaneous Bridge Pictures...

Deck 5 - Showing Theater and Fitness Center

IMG_0734_zpsue69wv0j.jpg

Deck 6 - Showing Schooner Bar, Focus, and the opening down to the Promenade

IMG_0735_zpsn9m0zbjf.jpg

Deck 15 - Pool Deck

IMG_0736_zpsc2u4axgd.jpg

Deck 12 - Showing Cabins and the Bridge

IMG_0733_zps3bduxagw.jpg

IMG_0738_zpspnpzywfb.jpg

IMG_0731_zpsbkeqczs2.jpg

Well that is it for the All Access Tour.

I'll be doing Cozumel Tomorrow! Thanks for reading/viewing!

Great pics and review. I never noticed this before, but on the top of the VCL in the model it shows lounge chairs recessed, looks like between cabins. Is this really up there?

You can see the recessed areas on aerial photos of the Oasis. The photos I looked at aren't good enough to see if there are loungers present.

Day 6 - Cozumel, Mexico

We hadn't been to Cozumel since 2006. We wanted to do some sort of excursion, since the last two times we were there we just walked around and went to Señor Frogs... :rolleyes: We ended up booking the "Sea Turtle Snorkel", which was a 6 hour tour. It was great, but the 1 hour transportation each way (particularly the return trip) was a little much for us. We got to snorkel for a little over an hour in a nature preserve area, and then we had lunch and about an hour at a resort beach, which we basically had to ourselves (the group). I don't have any pictures of the arrival, so I guess I'll go right into the excursion.

Here is my GoPro video that I uploaded on YouTube. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iws0vNo7kSA

The Beach (Basically Private)

IMG_0776_zpsomzmahqs.jpg

IMG_0771_zpsbfqzqkni.jpg

IMG_0781_zpszgsiyvaa.jpg

IMG_0782_zpsbwad4s3k.jpg

There was also a small area with hammocks

IMG_0777_zps4nvfzjbn.jpg