Cancelled cruises: Post your new itinerary here.

KyleClark

Nice!! I am switching to the Epic and those aren't available for switching yet. Were you always booked in Canadian dollars? I'm wondering if I can switch that piece when I make the move over.

Yes, I booked it right off the bat with them directly over the phone. I believe I am getting 1.19 exchange rate. Never asked em, lol! :o

We were booked in 2 Cat. OG on deck 6 of the Spirit for Febuary 18 2017.

We are now booked on the Epic in Cat. B5 on decks 11 & 12 Sailing Feb. 19th

Still have all our perks except there is an increase of $50 on each cabin due to taxes. I am thinking about having my TA try to get the difference in OBC. I know its only $50 but $50 is more than I was going to be paying on the first ship.

Over all very happy to be getting Balcony instead of just ocean view.

Bobbie

3 hours later....bottom line NO PRICE PROTECTION!

I couldn't be more upset with NCL right now. I was on the Jade out of Galveston Western Carrib. 11/2016 with UBP and KSF for 3, for balcony, $1900. The Dawn and the Getaway had like itinerary's and dates but they wanted $2800 for the same. No price protection or package protection. When I asked to book a lower category and see if they would give me a free upgrade, they said no. I tried to be flexible on dates, ships and itinerary's but no luck. My agent said she noticed that all balconies on everything she checked was coming in at $2800 for the 3 of us, which even she thought was weird.

NO LUCK FOR ME! its looking like its going to be CARNIVAL for us. Here is the kicker, our final payment for our Escape cruise is due this week...if I didn't already have airfare, and hotels, I would be canceling this too.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

Great prices on the Celebrity Reflection leaving on the 14th from MIA and the Westerdam, Oasis and the Emerald Princess leave out of FLL ;)

What about those of us with jobs 8 to 5 central time. I called a little after 5. Just held an hour. Then figured they closed. I cannot sit on hold all day at work.

Grrrr. Wish there was a way to leave MY number and have them call me. Further complication, cruising with sis and need to consult with her.

I called (waited over 2 hours) about my cancelled Epic cruise in Nov/Dec 2016. B2B 10 and 11 day Europe cruise. We can't cruise anytime except Nov and Dec. There's a suitable one on the spirit, but have to pay today's prices. They said they would transfer my UBP and UDP over but can't do KSF promo.

There only cabins that accommodate 4 guests are ocean view and inside. We booked 2 mini suites and well, the spirit won't work at all. They refused to help beyond transferring the UDP&UBP even though I would need 3 cabins instead of 2 and so the total cost would be several thousand more.

Not only that, you can't even look at these cruises and they are canceling cruises on the 24th, which means when you can finally look for a suitable replacement cruise, it's too late.

Extremely disappointed!

Edited by krijkee

What about those of us with jobs 8 to 5 central time. I called a little after 5. Just held an hour. Then figured they closed. I cannot sit on hold all day at work.

Grrrr. Wish there was a way to leave MY number and have them call me. Further complication, cruising with sis and need to consult with her.

I called right at 0900. I got through. But replacement cruises are not populated yet. Agent said he would call me back. Will see if that happens. No return calls today.

I called right at 0900. I got through. But replacement cruises are not populated yet. Agent said he would call me back. Will see if that happens. No return calls today.

Thank you. I will remain calm and patient.

Did they keep you at the same fare or you had to change pricing? Was the Epic the ship they said you had to take to protect fare?

Hi

The Epic was "option 1" for us, the ship we had to take to keep our fare. So, we basically just made a swap for a different ship and a slightly different

We were on the 3/22/17 Epic 11 night out of Barcelona. It was 3 adults, 1 child in a mini-suite with UDP for $3156. My TA was on hold for 2 hours and I just got off the phone with her. NCL offered a 10 night 3/22/17 on Spirit also out of Barcelona for $3946 in a balcony (I guess no mini-suites on Spirit) with UDP. Oh and with $50 OBC. My TA said NCL would not do anything more to help so I told her to cancel. $800 for a smaller room on a ship with less to do for 1 less night didn't cut it for me. She said the NCL rep was less than helpful and surprisingly the TA wasn't transferred to the survey at the end of the call. Oh well. We only booked it originally because it was such a great deal. I hope others had better luck!

We were on the 3/22/17 Epic 11 night out of Barcelona. It was 3 adults, 1 child in a mini-suite with UDP for $3156. My TA was on hold for 2 hours and I just got off the phone with her. NCL offered a 10 night 3/22/17 on Spirit also out of Barcelona for $3946 in a balcony (I guess no mini-suites on Spirit) with UDP. Oh and with $50 OBC. My TA said NCL would not do anything more to help so I told her to cancel. $800 for a smaller room on a ship with less to do for 1 less night didn't cut it for me. She said the NCL rep was less than helpful and surprisingly the TA wasn't transferred to the survey at the end of the call. Oh well. We only booked it originally because it was such a great deal. I hope others had better luck!

Not that it really matters, but I meant 2 adults, 1 child = 3 total.

I will take your advice. We were in 9076 on the Sun to SA, Jan 2017. We want the cabin on our new cruise. I hope we get it. I will try again tomorrow.

OMG! Sun is my favorite and have been in 9076 twice! The BEST!

Some info on Spirit to Epic sailings (based on my changes):

1. The computer kept crashing for this particular switch. That probably is why they have postponed additional changes, with the goal of fixing the glitches. Almost every one of my changes had to be personally authorized by a manager because the computer would not allow changes.

2. The earliest 2017 sailing for the Epic in the Caribbean is January 14. The Spirit had earlier sailing dates. For those interested, MLK Day in 2017 occurs during that week.

3. I initially was told that NCL could protect the cruise portion of the price but had no control over port fees and taxes. For whatever reasons, those increased significantly on some of the weeks I was looking at. I asked for a clarification since the departure port is Port Canaveral (same as the Spirit). And I argued that since NCL made the change, not me, NCL should absorb the cost. That took a Supervisor's approval but I was given the exact price on each of the three weeks (b2b2b) we had booked. I also was told that I might receive a past due notice from NCL accounting but to ignore those as the "new" protected prices are reflected in my cruise reservation.

4. I as offered a no-cost upgrade from BD (balcony) to BB, but I actually didn't like the locations as well. I was given a BD that met my specific criteria for a quiet room and I am pleased with the location.

5. Because I mentioned that I not thrilled with the Epic, my agent crunched numbers for me on a couple of other ships. She was not able to offer the same price, but tossed in every single discount and amenity I had plus a no-charge upgrade. Her suggestion was that if I really hated the Epic but was ok with one of the other ships, she would book the different ship with the hope that pricing would go done. If not, I could cancel a little further down the road. I decided to go the "bird in the hand" route.

6. My remaining issue to resolve is that one of our sailings was booked ast a 14 day and we used one FCC for our deposit. The Epic does 7 day sailings and I would need to come up with the deposit. She is working with her Supervisor to get dispensation. If it doesn't work out, we simply will cancel one of the weeks we have booked -- not a biggie.

I would have preferred my original booking on the Spirit but I was so impressed with how my rep handled everything, I sent in an "atta' boy" for her. I am NOT impressed with NCL Management, but Customer Service is doing everything they can in a very professional manner.

OMG! Sun is my favorite and have been in 9076 twice! The BEST!

I know, you gave me advice when I booked it last year. Thank you!

Is there a door to the bedroom? The Pics on NCL seem "old". Does the bathroom face the stern or an internal wall? Sorry OP.

DH called our NCL assigned cruise consultant (we've been with him for a few years now) around 11:00 and he asked us our preference - we were originally on Spirit Dec 3 2016 out of Port Canaveral in an Oceanview and booked during the $200 OBC sale (Jan2015)

Our letter stated we could pick any Epic sailing for a price guarantee.

The NCL cruise rep called us back at 3:30 - and we're on the Epic, Dec 3 2016, Port Canaveral in a balcony for $10 more PP (due to higher port fees with Eastern vs Western) and we kept the OBC...

We're Happy!:D:D:D:D

Edited by ghinderliter

Is there a door to the bedroom? The Pics on NCL seem "old". Does the bathroom face the stern or an internal wall? Sorry OP.

3:27 minutes into this youtube video is tour of 9076. It is a really wonderful suite.

Glad to see that at least some posters on this thread were helped by the Norwegian staff today. For those of you who didn't get a satisfactory response maybe try again in day or two when more options are loaded into the computer. I truly can't understand why NCL doesn't have a better IT department.

Edited by kjquilts

3:27 minutes into this youtube video is tour of 9076. It is a really wonderful suite.

Glad to see that at least some posters on this thread were helped by the Norwegian staff today. For those of you who didn't get a satisfactory response maybe try again in day or two when more options are loaded into the computer. I truly can't understand why NCL doesn't have a better IT department.

I plan on trying again, but I doubt I will have any luck since those of us formerly on the Jade were not allowed to move to anything other than a year in advance. So I doubt waiting will change that. Thanks though.

I called at 9am and got through after 45 seconds on hold. Talked with a nice guy and got me switched from Epic Med to the Australia/NZ/Asia route that I had always wanted. He said that it was one of the few repositioned sailings that was able to be booked now. I feel very lucky in that I got the cruise I wanted but feel for everyone that got royally screwed by all of this. I hope the media gets involved with this massive f-up on NCL's part

Yes. The bedroom has a door and a separate thermostat.

Bathroom entry right inside when entering cabin. And another entrance from bedroom through desk/makeup table and closet area.

Wonderful space.

Some info on Spirit to Epic sailings (based on my changes):

1. The computer kept crashing for this particular switch. That probably is why they have postponed additional changes, with the goal of fixing the glitches. Almost every one of my changes had to be personally authorized by a manager because the computer would not allow changes.

2. The earliest 2017 sailing for the Epic in the Caribbean is January 14. The Spirit had earlier sailing dates. For those interested, MLK Day in 2017 occurs during that week.

3. I initially was told that NCL could protect the cruise portion of the price but had no control over port fees and taxes. For whatever reasons, those increased significantly on some of the weeks I was looking at. I asked for a clarification since the departure port is Port Canaveral (same as the Spirit). And I argued that since NCL made the change, not me, NCL should absorb the cost. That took a Supervisor's approval but I was given the exact price on each of the three weeks (b2b2b) we had booked. I also was told that I might receive a past due notice from NCL accounting but to ignore those as the "new" protected prices are reflected in my cruise reservation.

4. I as offered a no-cost upgrade from BD (balcony) to BB, but I actually didn't like the locations as well. I was given a BD that met my specific criteria for a quiet room and I am pleased with the location.

5. Because I mentioned that I not thrilled with the Epic, my agent crunched numbers for me on a couple of other ships. She was not able to offer the same price, but tossed in every single discount and amenity I had plus a no-charge upgrade. Her suggestion was that if I really hated the Epic but was ok with one of the other ships, she would book the different ship with the hope that pricing would go done. If not, I could cancel a little further down the road. I decided to go the "bird in the hand" route.

6. My remaining issue to resolve is that one of our sailings was booked ast a 14 day and we used one FCC for our deposit. The Epic does 7 day sailings and I would need to come up with the deposit. She is working with her Supervisor to get dispensation. If it doesn't work out, we simply will cancel one of the weeks we have booked -- not a biggie.

I would have preferred my original booking on the Spirit but I was so impressed with how my rep handled everything, I sent in an "atta' boy" for her. I am NOT impressed with NCL Management, but Customer Service is doing everything they can in a very professional manner.

So just to clarify. ...Did your TA do all of communication with NCL? I have a TA and called about the additional port charges and they told me I had to have my TA call.

I got right through. I am a bit disappointed in my offers though.

I had the Star booked for Nov. 6, 2016 in an SJ suite. My kids have off that week for teacher's convention. The only dates they could rebook me was Nov. 27 through Dec. 11 and Feb. 5 through March 17, excluding holidays. My kids have off none of those dates, so I have to take them out of school.

I took an SE suite on the Jade Nov. 27 through Dec. 4 and kept all my benefits. It's a great cabin but my kids will miss shool. AGH!

I also had the Spirit April 15, 2017 booked. The offer was the Epic from Nov 12, 2016 to March 17, 2017. I am certainly not taking my kids out of school for 2 weeks in the same school year so I have to cancel that one.

I wish they were a bit more flexible in offering the same dates the original cruise was booked on. I booked those dates for a reason.