Cocktail prices raised to $7.50

JennysUncle

I have never seen anyone really inebriated on a HAL ship for over 14 cruises with them.

Unfortunately I have. A woman was entering Pinnacle grill, with a drink in hand, along with her husband (I presume). She clearly was having difficulty walking. I was waiting to be seated. She came up behind, very close to me and staggered a bit. I turned around to see what was going on, at which she proceeded to simply drop her glass, with its contents, right onto my foot!

Somewhat embarrassing for all. HAL paid to have my skirt cleaned -- it was offered, I didn't ask -- but the shoe was never the same. :eek:

(P.S. This should in no way be construed as suggesting there are a lot of drunks on HAL.... )

Edited by cruisemom42

We have had one drunk on a HAL cruise, on a 10 day Eurodam NE/Canafa cruise in 2012.

He would come into the piano bar and accost women, the entertainer, etc. IIRC 6 nights we had to call security, once I physically moved him away from a woman he was saying vulgar things to. Unfortunately security never did much and he kept coming back until people forced him out. He eventually was thrown off in Boston for assaulting a server.

I suggest you re-read my post. I did not accuse any CCers of being drunks or over indulgers, nor, for that matter, did I "insinuate" that. I stand by every word I wrote and only ask that you not misquote me or mis-characterize what I do say.

No one said you accused CC'ers of over indulging, but you insinuated that you've seen a lot of drunks on HAL ships. Now that a number of people have called you on that, you appear to be trying to (not very brilliantly) tap dance your way out by mis-stating others comments.

And insulted a few in doing so. An apology from you, to the board, would not be out of order.

My opinion is just that - my opinion. I do not need to "prove" anything because it is my opinion. If I should state something as a fact, then you may legitimately ask me for proof. But when I state an opinion, you can either agree or disagree with it but not demand proof because an opinion is not a statement of fact.

Actually I never asked for proof but you made statements with specific insinuations.

It's as simple as that.

I am out of this discussion but don't try to dance around it. Your posts are there to be read. The implication is easy to read. End of story.

Oh and to be clear, I do disagree with you. Raising the price of drinks will not stop those that want to have a drink from buying one.

[quote name='kazu']Actually I never asked for proof but you made statements with specific insinuations.

It's as simple as that.

I am out of this discussion but don't try to dance around it. Your posts are there to be read. The implication is easy to read. End of story.

Oh and to be clear, I do disagree with you. Raising the price of drinks will not stop those that want to have a drink from buying one.[/QUOTE]

Avian,
Welcome to CC.
For the record you have gotten way off of our OP's original question!
From me, Kazu, Sails and a lot of other CC members can we please keep to the thread!
As far as I am concerned let this stop with you with Kazu!
Do you have nothing better to do!
People here want to give good info to every one as well as give opinions, but you are stepping over the line!
Stop!
Denise:)