Cocktail prices raised to $7.50

JennysUncle

First did you book directly through HAL? I just got off the phone and spoke to both my PCC, and a rep from HAL. In your situation if you are before final payment on your cruise you can switch to new promo no problem. IF you are after final payment and booked directly through HAL they might be able to get the new Explorer for you. Through a TA you can try to have them call but chances are you will have to pay the difference. I told them how sad! They should honor all future cruises that have the Explorer 4 pkg. people book like us way in advance, and like having all their ducks in a row!

I sure hope HAL comes through for you!

We got this promo on July 28th. And ours is honored!

Denise:)

I sure hope this is incorrect. I've mentioned that my PCC is a wonderful person but sometimes the info I get from her is incorrect. In good faith Hal should adjust the maximum drink price.

Sorry to have struck such a raw nerve - it certainly was not my intention to suggest that anyone on here may have over-imbibed while on a HAL cruise - you are correct, and I apologize for causing discomfort with my posts on this subject ...

Could you provide proof that charging 55 cents extra will cut down on how much a drunk will drink? Thx.

No, actually I cannot provide such proof ... but then again I did not state categorically that it would ... my posts clearly indicate that it was merely my hope that it would!!!

Sorry to have struck such a raw nerve - it certainly was not my intention to suggest that anyone on here may have over-imbibed while on a HAL cruise - you are correct, and I apologize for causing discomfort with my posts on this subject ...

No raw nerves here, but don't expect any support for price increase cheerleaders! :rolleyes:

I don't think you caused discomfort by suggesting posters in this thread have overindulged. The "over indulgers" usually only show up on CC late Friday nights ;)

(Bolding added by me.)

My experience is apparently different than yours - and I prefer not to have to deal with drunks, so I would love to see HAL increase its alcoholic drink prices on the off chance that it might incentivize the heavy drinkers to choose other cruise lines.

BTW can you provide proof of your highlighted claim above?

Can you provide proof of your claim of an overabundance of drunks on HAL ships? A number of very experienced cruisers (and me :)) have stated that we've rarely, if ever, seen inebriated people on a HAL ship. Can you prove us wrong???

I sure hope this is incorrect. I've mentioned that my PCC is a wonderful person but sometimes the info I get from her is incorrect. In good faith Hal should adjust the maximum drink price.

How you doing today Cruz Chic?

Yah, I agree with you!

I said a good company out of good faith should honor their agreement,Especially for people who book so far out in advance and take advantage of these promos.

But from what they both said there has to be a stop point!

Go figure Cruz Chic!

Hope your doing well.

Can you provide proof of your claim of an overabundance of drunks on HAL ships? A number of very experienced cruisers (and me :)) have stated that we've rarely, if ever, seen inebriated people on a HAL ship. Can you prove us wrong???

... I have no desire to prove you wrong - I did not challenge what you and others claim you did or didn't see on your cruises. You, on the other hand, seem to be challenging what I saw/experienced, which incidentally I did not characterize as an "overabundance" of drunks on HAL cruises, so go ahead and try to prove me wrong. While you're at it, please do not misquote me.

As I said a few posts ago, I apologize if my initial posts hit a raw nerve with you, but that was not my intention.

(Bolding added by me.)

My experience is apparently different than yours - and I prefer not to have to deal with drunks, so I would love to see HAL increase its alcoholic drink prices on the off chance that it might incentivize the heavy drinkers to choose other cruise lines.

I would appreciate it if you would provide proof of the ship you were on and the date of the cruise when you encountered these drunks.

(Bolding added by me.)

drunks? on HAL?

I think the only time I have seen people really over indulge is on some short repositioning cruises which were part of our cruise.

Other than that, I can't recall an instance where I saw someone on a ship that was embarrassing to themselves or others.

hmmm - and what pray tell is a heavy drinker? Better define that too.

Each to their own. As I said, I've been on a number of long cruises and drunks have NEVER been an issue. the 3 or 4 day cruises yes, regular cruises no.

I don't think you caused discomfort by suggesting posters in this thread have overindulged. The "over indulgers" usually only show up on CC late Friday nights ;)

For the record, I did not suggest that any CCers are "over indulgers", but after seeing the frenzied responses to my posts, I must admit that I'm beginning to wonder ...

Thanks for the tip on late Friday night CC sessions - I may have to alter my CC schedule to witness the spectacle!!! Should be great fun, especially if it's more lively than weekday/daytime sessions ...

How you doing today Cruz Chic?

Yah, I agree with you!

I said a good company out of good faith should honor their agreement,Especially for people who book so far out in advance and take advantage of these promos.

But from what they both said there has to be a stop point!

Go figure Cruz Chic!

Hope your doing well.

Stop point. Wow, that's crazy.

For the record, I did not suggest that any CCers are "over indulgers", but after seeing the frenzied responses to my posts, I must admit that I'm beginning to wonder ...

Thanks for the tip on late Friday night CC sessions - I may have to alter my CC schedule to witness the spectacle!!! Should be great fun, especially if it's more lively than weekday/daytime sessions ...

ha! ha!

actually you did insinuate that higher prices might help inhibit heavy drinkers.

Frenzied posts? probably because a lot of us have not seen any over indulgers and the post smacked of assumptions. and we all know what happens when you assume;):p

Repositioning cruises of less than 4 days seem to attract those who want to party and cram in as much (and as many drinks) as possible in the short space of time. However, I can't say I've seen "drunks" as such, on HAL (except once and he was drunk by lunchtime, but there was obviously a major problem there and he needed to attend Friends of Bill W meetings.:D)

ha! ha!

actually you did insinuate that higher prices might help inhibit heavy drinkers.

Frenzied posts? probably because a lot of us have not seen any over indulgers and the post smacked of assumptions. and we all know what happens when you assume;):p

I suggest you re-read my post. I did not accuse any CCers of being drunks or over indulgers, nor, for that matter, did I "insinuate" that. I stand by every word I wrote and only ask that you not misquote me or mis-characterize what I do say.

The problem is not that my "post smacked of assumptions", it is that several CCers made inferences that may not have been intended. And that is exactly the danger of assuming!!!

Sorry if I struck a raw nerve with you.

This was tongue in cheek humor, right?

I know you have to be kidding thinking there are many cruisers on HAL ships that could be described as "Drunks". I doubt I've seen a handful all totaled on over 80 HAL cruises. :D

Not even on our RSVP charters - where they sell a lot more alcohol than on a regular cruise - you don't see many drunks.

Stop point. Wow, that's crazy.

Update on the Explore-4 with SBP. I got a firm commitment from my TA, who spoke with her HAL rep, that all Explore-4 SBP will now allow $8 for all drinks and wines. And it is grandfathered back to cover all cruises. So, if you can believe HAL's travel agent reps, our SBP will be as valuable to us now, as when we booked in Sept 2014, for our Oct 14 Zuiderdam 26 day TA to FLL.

And to add to other posts, the only ships I have seen people really going overboard (pardon the pun) with alcohol is on Carnival, during spring and summer, when young people go a little crazy. I have never seen anyone really inebriated on a HAL ship for over 14 cruises with them.

Update on the Explore-4 with SBP. I got a firm commitment from my TA, who spoke with her HAL rep, that all Explore-4 SBP will now allow $8 for all drinks and wines. And it is grandfathered back to cover all cruises. So, if you can believe HAL's travel agent reps, our SBP will be as valuable to us now, as when we booked in Sept 2014, for our Oct 14 Zuiderdam 26 day TA to FLL.

And to add to other posts, the only ships I have seen people really going overboard (pardon the pun) with alcohol is on Carnival, during spring and summer, when young people go a little crazy. I have never seen anyone really inebriated on a HAL ship for over 14 cruises with them.

That's the way it should be. I'm happy for you. Now, if you have some written correspondence it would be a good idea to take it with. I don't know why Hal has to be so difficult sometimes, or maybe it's the lack of internal communication.

Congratulations!!

So happy they grandfathered it in, and good for your TA,

As Cruz Chic said print out the statement!

I have from my PCC just a little awhile ago!

Again Happy Sailings!

Yes, it's correct that all Explore 4 packages will now have the $8 limit instead of the previous $7 limit. All bookings are grandfathered under the revised program.

My (management) source at HAL said something along the lines of "can you imagine the poor bartender saying 'Sorry, Sir, but you booked on such-and-such a date so you get only the $7 limit' ? "

I suggest you re-read my post. I did not accuse any CCers of being drunks or over indulgers, nor, for that matter, did I "insinuate" that. I stand by every word I wrote and only ask that you not misquote me or mis-characterize what I do say.

The problem is not that my "post smacked of assumptions", it is that several CCers made inferences that may not have been intended. And that is exactly the danger of assuming!!!

Sorry if I struck a raw nerve with you.

Thanks but I read all of your posts thoroughly. I don't need to re-read.

maybe you should. I'm not the only one reading them that way so that should tell you something.

Smooth seas!

awesome on the Explore4/Spb. I expected that was the way it would be, but it's great to hear the confirmation.

all good news :)

Thanks but I read all of your posts thoroughly. I don't need to re-read.

maybe you should. I'm not the only one reading them that way so that should tell you something.

Smooth seas!

My opinion is just that - my opinion. I do not need to "prove" anything because it is my opinion. If I should state something as a fact, then you may legitimately ask me for proof. But when I state an opinion, you can either agree or disagree with it but not demand proof because an opinion is not a statement of fact.

Edited by avian777