Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Saw the Wind off from Tower Bridge today.

Whilst there, a lady with her son where curious if I was a media photographer as I had lots of cameras set up (and annoyingly i didnt check the battery levels as the gopro was dead and another I was using on a tripod died also! ggrrrr)

Anyway, the lady was the Cruse Director (Adam Wright's) wife.

Just saw Trumps comment about "retaliating"! He's not all there!

Oh no, Les! Foiled by low batteries...hate it when that happens!

Chris and I had a fun weekend in Lake Placid. Beautiful scenery, though the weather wasn't fully cooperative. Friday evening was gorgeous and we got to walk around the lake enjoying the last rays of sunshine.

We had fun touring many Olympic sites on Saturday. Amazing that a tiny village could pull off hosting the games. And even more impressive that 35 years later, most of the facilities are still in use.

Orlando - to me the bottom line is, whether this person was a tormented closet gay, or at the Club previously sussing out the joint, acting on behalf of Isis or whatever - he was able to buy weapons a few days before this attack.

It could not happen here so easily.

Orlando - to me the bottom line is, whether this person was a tormented closet gay, or at the Club previously sussing out the joint, acting on behalf of Isis or whatever - he was able to buy weapons a few days before this attack.

It could not happen here so easily.

One aspect of this particular fellow is that he was a 9-year employee of G4S which is an International security firm. As such he had a special or at least more advanced weapons permit than a regular purchaser that might have made it easier for him to get and own weapons. I haven't heard exactly what job or position he had with G4S but he was with them long enough to at least potentially get some advanced training. That's not to blame G4S and in fact they provide unarmed security in our community (a guarded/gated housing area) here in San Antonio.

One aspect of this particular fellow is that he was a 9-year employee of G4S which is an International security firm. As such he had a special or at least more advanced weapons permit than a regular purchaser that might have made it easier for him to get and own weapons. I haven't heard exactly what job or position he had with G4S but he was with them long enough to at least potentially get some advanced training. That's not to blame G4S and in fact they provide unarmed security in our community (a guarded/gated housing area) here in San Antonio.

Randy,

G4S is a British company with - to be frank - a really poor and chequered reputation for various reasons. Their shares have taken a dive today over this. They will say that they checked this person out but few in the UK will take what they say at face value. Their lowest time was during the Olympics when they were employing people who were in fact sleeping rough in London.

When we were "working" we were approached by both Serco and G4S at the same time who wished to work with us and we decided on Serco feeling it a conflict to work with two competitors and feeling "unable" to help G4S.

This is a terrible tragedy.

Jeff

Its like the scenes of D-Day outside my window on the Thames today in the Port of London with a floatila on its way to Westminster..

Fishing Trawlers abound, mixed with dinghy's and a huge party boat blaring music to disrupt the protest, waving flags with "In" written on them.

Apparently the in campaign support the EU and the Spanish fishermen who have stripped our waters of fish costing jobs.

The government also stopped many of the trawlers passing through tower bridge.

They were waving flags with "in" on them. I was hoping they'd get their wishes and go for a swim! :D

I took loads of photos and videos... I'll try to upload some later. I truly had a grandstand view for this one! lol

Edited by les37b

Les, this I think might interest you. I'd like to paste the specific file but I'm using the ipad at Seaside so it's imprecise!

Look at the clip on the top left hand corner it is quite extraordinary. Paul Richardson's 2:21 work ......

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=paul+richardson+timelapse&sm=3

Jeff

Agreed... its excellent. There is an unbelievable amount of time that went into that 2m 21 seconds!

I've been looking to buy or make a slider to enhance things. Static video is a bit dull. Moving time lapse is just so much better.

In the meantime, captain Farage just sailed past with lots of silly little dingy's trying to block his way. One flag from a dinghy has a huge fish and the word IN written on it. I expect he's either stupid or a Spanish fisherman happy with their catch. I suspect it's just plain stupid.

These fishermen have a genuine grievance with the EU. Their industry has been decimated by the EU's "their EU waters anyone can fish there" policy. What makes it worse is you know full well that the Spanish are not playing ball with the quotas.

Edited by les37b

You gave us Domino's Jeff....... I give you Tsunami's ....

Geldof and Co probably think their anti-protest today was a wonderful thing.

The reality is that the fishing industry has been decimated. Many of the people and boats taking part have taken days to get here. Their complaint is justified and with complete substance.

Why does Geldof support Spanish fishermen over our own? Considering it was a so called counter protest, thats pretty much the only thing it can be.

Les,

The bigger thing today imho was that the chancellor threatened to punish an exit because there would be an immediate recession with an emregency budget to raise taxes and reduce spending. The facts are:

1. The chancellor brough in legislation that in shorthand made increasing taxes illegal.

2. It wasn't in the manifesto.

3. The last thing you do at the start of a recession is reduce spending and increase taxes unless you waant to make a recession accelerate.

4. The worst case scenario he is using is a 0.4% recession.

5. He couldn't get a budget througgh parliament because he only has a majority of around 12 votes and 50+ conservative members this morning has said "no" and the chances of labour voting for cuts is less than zero.

Remain is unravelling.

Jeff

Les,

The bigger thing today imho was that the chancellor threatened to punish an exit because there would be an immediate recession with an emregency budget to raise taxes and reduce spending. The facts are:

1. The chancellor brough in legislation that in shorthand made increasing taxes illegal.

2. It wasn't in the manifesto.

3. The last thing you do at the start of a recession is reduce spending and increase taxes unless you waant to make a recession accelerate.

4. The worst case scenario he is using is a 0.4% recession.

5. He couldn't get a budget througgh parliament because he only has a majority of around 12 votes and 50+ conservative members this morning has said "no" and the chances of labour voting for cuts is less than zero.

Remain is unravelling.

Jeff

indeed. They are throwing the dummies out of the pram. Project fear is also project nasty and vindictive.

Did you see Cameron has also threatened Theresa May because she hasn't been on his side vocally? The Tories are crumbling.

Jeff - I know that you are a big user of air-fryers from your previous posts. Can you refresh my memory as to what (besides potato chips and crisps) you like to cook in an air-fryer? I have a chance to score one at a decent discount today...just wondering if I'd end up using it.

JP, I use them much more than our standard oven. It's so second nature I'll forget most things. I also use a mini oven for most other things. I have two at our main house, and one here down at seaside.

Sausages, pastys, sausage rolls, par baked rolls, crispy duck, char siu, ribs, croquettes, southern fried and ordinary breadcrumbed chicken, pies, etc etc

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

No probs JP, hope it is of use to you.

Arrived back "home" at 03:30am with a speedy trip. Our last meal at seaside was fish and chips delivered. Crispy batter on wifey's "medium" cad (it was big) and my one was king size and was even larger .... It is lovely having food delivered!

Jeff

5F50B655-DB23-4E83-A25D-FD81D9250A54.jpg

No probs JP, hope it is of use to you.

Arrived back "home" at 03:30am with a speedy trip. Our last meal at seaside was fish and chips delivered. Crispy batter on wifey's "medium" cad (it was big) and my one was king size and was even larger .... It is lovely having food delivered!

Jeff

5F50B655-DB23-4E83-A25D-FD81D9250A54.jpg

Yum, did you have chips and mushy peas with it?....still oven baking our Haddock....quite delicious.( Still doing things the Weight Watchers way.)

Good Morning Spins!

No cod is an enormous fish and that was just a fillet portion.

Wifey asks me to order her a small one, but I always secretly order her a medium one so she can eat batter .... and leave some and simply eat the glorious white fish inside. We have an app here called "Just Eat" and whilst I rarely leave negative feedack ... if something is really good I take a lot of trouble in writing the review because I know it really helps them. I've been doing that with this fish and chip shop, hence they "love" me.

My cod was a king size piece and without any exegeration it was three timeswifey's piece and I am ashamed to say I ate it all. I couldn't photograph it because it was on TWO plates! All for around £15 delivered! The chips were enormous portions and everything is fried in old fashioned British lard.

Today I was really pleased to get back early this morning to a proper kitchen but I rather over-complicated my vegetable stir fry with too many ingredients and have learned that less is genuinely more. I say I "learn" but in reality I never "learn". More ingredients does not mean more love.

:)

Jeff

2471C371-BC71-49B9-BC1D-336A0AB5F511.jpg

DD0C7834-570E-4F9D-A27B-8582546DE008.jpg

Yum, did you have chips and mushy peas with it?....still oven baking our Haddock....quite delicious.( Still doing things the Weight Watchers way.)

Just chips and taretare .... and Sarsons on the chips.

We had takeaways delivered every night ....... BUT i haven't put on any wheight!

:D

Jeff