Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Thanks Coolers ....... I will most certainly pass on the kind thoughts which I know will cheer her up!

Today I have bought more daffodills and I have completed our January 2017 Singapore stay.

An open invitation to any coolers happening to be in Singapore during January - we're there for most of the month - and who wants us to take them on a boozy hawker food safari including satay and all other local stuff. We're looking forward to the stay and have got our favourite seats out and back (2k and 3k) on the 380, BA seat gods not making any changes.

:)

Jeff

4A2A5C23-09E0-4B56-935F-4FA4555D25CE.jpg

Jeff,

The daffodils are energizing! And you have the energizing bunnies near them to bolster their spring effects. It is wonderful to hear about your travel plans.

I am sad to learn of Sophia's Dad's deteriorating condition. I hope he is not suffering too much. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her Dad, and their family.

Morning Coolers! I want to add my best wishes and positive thoughts for Sophia's dad and the family.

The daffodils are awesome J! And I'm very happy to hear that you will be traveling again. Rolling stone and moss, you know! :)

Another sea day here. Have a great day all!

Good Morning Coolers .......

Many thanks for the lovely thoughts for our mate Soapy ..... I'll ensure they are passed on!

I don't know how many others were saddened to hear of the loss of Maurice White who was the most talented force behing Earth Wind and Fire. What a talent. I always had this fantasy of seeing him work and perform with Nile Rodgers who has just tweeted that he considered Maurice " one of the most amazing innovators of all time". Praise indeed. Many - myself included for a long time - devalued funk, but Maurice coming from being a jazz drummer took it to a new level. Who couldn't be lifted with Boogie Wonderland blasting through the speakers at top volume on a grey day.

Today is chicken and baked potatos.

Jeff

Evening/Morning Coolers!

A couple of days ago we had the calmest seas I have ever seen. Barely a ripple broke the surface.

DSC00605_zps45emonbk.jpg

Last night Myster and I enjoyed Wild Boar Stew at La Terrazza. It was delicious! I tucked right into it before I remembered to take a picture. Please excuse the fork! :)

DSC00607_zpsvdocifoi.jpg

Tomorrow is Tauranga, New Zealand. Looking forward to dry land!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all so very much for the kind thoughts, prayers and good wishes. I've just managed to catch up a bit with all the happenings here!

Lovely to see our current cruising coolers are having fun on board and taking time to post....the wild boar stew dish is one of my favourites!

Father is still very poorly following surgery but we continue to try and keep his spirits up and hope for the best....he's 90 and not in good health at the best of times which isn't helping.

Many thanks to Jeff for helping me out here.......and thanks once again for all your kindness....from all over the world.

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning Coolers .......

Many thanks for the lovely thoughts for our mate Soapy ..... I'll ensure they are passed on!

I don't know how many others were saddened to hear of the loss of Maurice White who was the most talented force behing Earth Wind and Fire. What a talent. I always had this fantasy of seeing him work and perform with Nile Rodgers who has just tweeted that he considered Maurice " one of the most amazing innovators of all time". Praise indeed. Many - myself included for a long time - devalued funk, but Maurice coming from being a jazz drummer took it to a new level. Who couldn't be lifted with Boogie Wonderland blasting through the speakers at top volume on a grey day.

Today is chicken and baked potatos.

Jeff

I saw them in concert in 1977 in Ann Arbor, tickets were $7.00.

We are in Tauranga, New Zealand today. Here is a picture of Mount Maunganui taken as we were sailing into the port.

DSC00618_zpswcghqbwi.jpg

Myster and I walked around the base of Mount Maunganui (2.9 kilometres) this morning along with many families. It is Waitangi Day weekend - New Zealand's National Holiday.

Today we are in Auckland, New Zealand. Here is a picture from Albert Park - Queen Victoria.

DSC00675_zpsjypnpjrk.jpg

Myster and I treated ourselves to lunch at Harbourside in the Ferry Building. We had John Dory for 2 with a lovely New Zealand white wine.

DSC00681_zpsx9mjw4m7.jpg

Hope all is well with the Coolers!

All is well...there were a bunch of so-so commercials tonight on CBS tonight, randomly interrupted by bits of football. Oh yeah, and a British band played a few numbers with Beyonce Knowles and Bruno Mars halfway through. I think many people were watching.

We have been hearing about the winter storms again battering the coast of Britain. I hope that all coolers and others are safe and not suffering the effects of the weather.

Mysty, your meal looks like such hearty fare!

It's quite chilly again in South Florida. Twas 44 degrees F this morning. It's now 50 degrees in the shade. brrrrr

I agree with you JP, the commercials were so frequent the game seemed chopped into little bits. The half time show was strange as well. I am not a fan of Denver; I do appreciate that Peyton had a chance to play but the Broncos defense were the stars of the show, if there were any real stars.

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday! Anyone making a king cake?

Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday, in other parts known as Shrove Tuesday. Pancakes are the traditional dish for the latter. A little less wild and crazy compared to the things that go on while celebrating the former!

We enjoyed visiting the Mardi Gras "factory" in New Orleans a few years ago. Lots of cool things to look at. Tons of floats there in storage, and others being built, finished, etc. So much effort goes into this celebration!

I've had a soft spot for the Broncos for years, even back in the day when they lost all of those Super Bowls in the late 80s. Was glad to see them win this time, though I was amazed at how ineffective both offenses looked at times. So many 3 and outs that they ran out of commercials in the second quarter and had to air some local ones.

But yes, their defense was really the star of the game. What an effort! I almost felt bad for Newton - he looked frustrated and confused for most of the game, and he acted as if he were already defeated long before the end result.

Ok, enough football. I've watched my one game for 2016!

Went to a nice event at the Culinary Institute on Saturday with my cousin and her husband. She works there so it's good that we keep in touch. It was a "beefsteak" which was a gluttonous feast of shrimp, ctab salad, lamb chops, sliders, and then it culminated in huge platters of beef to chow on. Silverware was optional, and they gave you an apron to wear in case things got messy. Lots of beer and bourbon to go with dinner. A fun time was had by all, except for our poor DD.

So yesterday we went running to burn a few of the calories from Sunday. And we didn't eat any snacks during the game.

Edited by jpalbny

We have had so much rain here everything is waterlogged and muddy ... so not even walks.

Nice has a great festival which we use to visit every year. Being France it was always shambolic, but nice because it was. Normally it's raining. One year it was cancelled because Nice was covered in sand from the Sahara.

Tonight is Cornish pasties,

Jeff

Lovely to read all the news as usual........Cornish pasties sound divine Jeffers but these days pastry seems to disagree with me!

We have a lovely local deli here so today l bought some old fashioned middle bacon with fresh farm eggs which l will hopefully enjoy in the morning.

I also bought a side of home baked ham which I can also enjoy with the eggs and some thick cut chips.....if l have the energy to cook!

Father is very tired tonight and we have been told they are taking him back to theatre on Wednesday......it's rather a roller coaster at the moment.....but reading all the posts is indeed cheering me up....

Sophia [emoji4]

Hi Soapy,

Good to see you back here ....

Ginsters Cornish Pasty and a shed load of Branston Pickle Small Chunk - which is close in taste to The Original with some Haywards pickled red cabbage. You know it makes sense.

Looks like Royal Carribean "Anthem of The Sea" is having a rough time.

Hope the trip back with dad goes OK. We'll all be thinking of you.

Jeff

edited: pasty piccy added plus today's tulips!

F28B62CF-CF5F-4207-91CE-EFC7B2BA1C7B.jpg

55424649-7E10-4F9E-87D1-3614D5D09C3A.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks Jeffers.....the pasty along with the pickle would most certainly not agree with me....[emoji6] love the tulips....Mrs J is a very lucky lady.....

RCA looks very wobbly indeedy....just hope all pax are safe and well.

Will try and post when l can......

S [emoji5]

Good Day Coolers! We're in Bay of Islands, New Zealand today. Overcast but fairly warm weather.

Here is a picture of the wharf at Paihia, Bay of Islands.

DSC00693_zps8tjvzpo4.jpg

We had lunch in Russell after taking the ferry from Paihia. We ate at The Duke of Malborough. Red Lion draft and fish and chips.

DSC00713_zpsmsmnesdp.jpg

Enjoy your day/evening all!