Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Completely lost here! Reese Witherspoon is from NOLA, the only other famous lady I can think of from there.

I nevder mentioned NOLA, and NOLA has nothing to do with the answer! :)

Helpful Hint:

#1 Cryptic Clue: "I am going to have to take that famous lady from Metairie to court. I'm just going to have to........ " (3,5)

#2 Cryptic Clue: " Was it on Ellen DeGeneresproperty?"

#3 Cryptic Clue: "No, but you are on the right track if you re-read the cryptic clue. You are very close to solving it."

..... and ....

#4 New Cryptic Clue: I think Spins said she use to be a lawyer so she would be well placed to get (3,5) from the above. That will give you a persons name.

:D;)

Jeff

I nevder mentioned NOLA, and NOLA has nothing to do with the answer! :)

Helpful Hint:

#1 Cryptic Clue: "I am going to have to take that famous lady from Metairie to court. I'm just going to have to........ " (3,5)

#2 Cryptic Clue: " Was it on Ellen DeGeneresproperty?"

#3 Cryptic Clue: "No, but you are on the right track if you re-read the cryptic clue. You are very close to solving it."

..... and ....

#4 New Cryptic Clue: I think Spins said she use to be a lawyer so she would be well placed to get (3,5) from the above. That will give you a persons name.

:D;)

Jeff

Somebody else mentioned NOLA too ;) The place name sounded French so I thought it was in Louisiana.:o

How long ago was the picture taken?

Edited by Nigella

South Fork Ranch? :D

CORRECT!

Well, done. You'll need to tell others the answer to the cryptic clue. ;)

I blagged my way into South Fork when it was in private hands ..... and the owner kindly showed us around because we were Brits. The picture was taken of me where JR berated the cryptic clue about her drinking.

1000 Cooler Points Awarded.

:)

Jeff

Sue Ellen!

Cryptic clues are so obvious once you figure them out. Until then they are infuriating! Ellen is the famous lady from Metairie. By taking her to court, you sue Ellen.

Edited by jpalbny

CORRECT!

Well, done. You'll need to tell others the answer to the cryptic clue. ;)

I blagged my way into South Fork when it was in private hands ..... and the owner kindly showed us around because we were Brits. The picture was taken of me where JR berated the cryptic clue about her drinking.

1000 Cooler Points Awarded.

:)

Jeff

Jeff I'm useless with cryptic clues. :)

I can't solve the lady going to court part....

What made me get it was you said you bet every cooler had 'seen it' . Knowing that we're scattered round the world here, I realised it must have ben something tv or film related. And it had to have been something huge if it was a tv programme that we'd all seen, given our locations.

Horse connection made me think of a ranch, then the highlighting of Ellen, led me to Sue Ellen.

JR ended up in that pool several times during fights !

:D

I am so proud of that cryptic clue ..... sad aren't I!

Jeff

Nicely done.

Chris and I used to do the cryptic crosswords in Games magazine years ago. At least 50% of the time, we had to solve in reverse by inferring the answer, and figuring out what the clue meant. They can be devious!

Edited by jpalbny

Thanks all!

I still can't get it even though I know the answer! :o

Nigella, how on earth did you guess South Fork? :confused:

You are exceedingly clever. :)

My next cryptic clue (if you hadn'ty guessed it) would have been.

"daddy use to say ... son, just order a bourbon and plot your revenge" on the basis that bourbon was JR's favourite drink; he always talked about what "daddy said" and he was always plotting revenge. A tougher clue but was alongside "Sue Ellen" made it hopefully reasonably viable.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Is anyone going to the Cruise Show at Kensington Olympia in London this weekend?

I'm going on the Sunday. Not really sure if its just going to be hard sell for cruises or if I will be able to find out any info that will assist up coming cruises and excursions.

I noticed Cruise Critic are there too! What will they be up to?

Great cryptic quiz Jeffers......got it once the answer came up....but due to the lack of drinks on the table had almost guessed that you were on some kind of film set....[emoji6] well done Nigella!

That counter is getting closer to departure Spins......[emoji2]

Les, l went to the cruise show some years ago and was quite unimpressed to be honest. Most lines were there with all the current brochures and various incentives to book but no hard sell at all and you should be able to gain the information you want for future voyages.

CC were there for a chat along with various hints and tips an some goodies! I wouldn't plan on spending more than a couple of hours there.

Still traipsing back and to the hospital...Father is recovering quite well for his age and will soon be moved to rehab for the next stage.

S[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great cryptic quiz Jeffers......got it once the answer came up....but due to the lack of drinks on the table had almost guessed that you were on some kind of film set....[emoji6] well done Nigella!

Hi Soapy ,

Suprisingly, Southfork was a very small two bedroomed private home and the outside shots where taken there, the inside shots used on the series was a set. If you think back to the TV programme one of the illusions the owners alllowed the producers to create was the area to the left hand side - if you are looking at the front, or the right hand wing of the aerial view plan below, where there are windows on the front of the house and to the side, which you can see with the yellow canopies. But when you go to the back of the building that wing is the garage. I never noticed that as a viewer.

The center part is just a hall with a bathrrom going off to the rear of the upper floor with just two regular sized bedrooms and downstairs there's a small lounge, nice kitchen and massive double height hall in the middle. The owner was charming and was just in the early stages of changing Southfork into an attraction. The back and pool area is in reality very small and taken with wide angles to look big.

Jeff

SF_Cloud_Wallpaper.jpg

image-62993-pano_1.jpg

haus.jpg

southfork-ranch.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Remember you posting these now Jeffers ! Interesting pics of what we all thought was a huge mansion at the time!

If l recall correctly you were pretty smart at setting out the "where is this" pic quiz.....so let's have some more teasers from your expansive library.....[emoji13]

S[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still traipsing back and to the hospital...Father is recovering quite well for his age and will soon be moved to rehab for the next stage.

S[emoji4]

Great news! Hope that the recovery continues to exceed everyone's expectations.

Jeff - being pedantic, I prefer the fat on my lamb chops a bit crispy (though I suppose you should not eat it, according to the food police).

Your puzzle completely passed me by; I can cope with the Times 2 crossword, but anything more intelligent or cryptic is too much like hard work. But a very good clue.

Sophia - delighted to hear that dad is improving. Maybe all our thoughts helped! Are you and Spins on the same cruise, I wonder, and if so do you already know each other?

Regards to all coolers, and again thanks to Terry for the wonderful animal pictures; so pleased you were lucky enough to see pretty well all the animals one could expect on safari.

Lola