Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Jeff, that is a brilliant feature! I will love it even if Myster drags his feet! :) Selfies with wrinkle removers! I'm in heaven! :)

It is. Another way of accessing the same features but with preset control is in scene mode choosing "Portrait". That does several things including reducing contrast a tad as well as smoothing skin automatically. You can also delegate it to frame the picture ie improve the framing/cropping if you so wish but I haven't played with that yet.

EDITED: Just tried it in intelligent mode and when you point it at a face fairly close it knows its a portrait and automatically sets it all.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

It is. Another way of accessing the same features but with preset control is in scene mode choosing "Portrait". That does several things including reducing contrast a tad as well as smoothing skin automatically. You can also delegate it to frame the picture ie improve the framing/cropping if you so wish but I haven't played with that yet.

EDITED: Just tried it in intelligent mode and when you point it at a face fairly close it knows its a portrait and automatically sets it all.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I think you should be getting a commission for your sales from Sony. :)

Thanks Jeff! I think you should be getting a commission for your sales from Sony. :)

:D

I wish!

I don't know whether others observe this, but I have often found it sad ... and yes I'll admit it .... irritating .... that the country that invented and manufacture some of the best cameras in the world also produced a nation that take so many photographs all day and every day that it seems that they rarely actually look at what they are taking pictures of. I also often wonder whether they ever look at the pictures they take subsequently.

Equally, I also notice that keen photographers are often seemingly more obsessed and concerned much more about the technical quality and excellence and perfection of the picture quality that they take more than the meaning of memories the picture contains. I think this type of camera puta the main purpose having the camera back into a rational context.

There is a difference between these two mind sets. I am not an amateur photographer, I simply want to record lots and lots of really great photographs to remember great past times.

Jeff

I'm with you there Jeff! My aim is not to collect masses of meaningless photos. I aim to collect memories! I think that is why I don't typically take photos of people I don't know. Crowd shots of unknown people don't do it for me. I prefer striking views and intimate moments. Personal preference and not a judgement of what others prefer!

It turns out that Sonny bought the RX100 iii a couple of years ago when he was planning a road trip from Arizona to Alberta. When I told him about our purchase, he echoed all the great reviews. :)

Terry - that is one gorgeous little boy! I am a sucker for them, once had a very similar one of my own. Oh, the other pics are great too. Lola

Mark_K: Happy Labor Day to all living in the U.S.

Appreciate the nice and kind comments from lincslady on our one grandson. He just turned three in late July. Our other grandson will turn five in early October. Have lots of cute pictures of him from yesterday. Will post more later. Busy getting ready to pull up stakes here in Charlottesville and head south along I-81 to Blacksburg and the Virginia Tech campus.

YES' date=' [b']today is Labor Day[/b]. BUT, I am not sure these days that many fully understand the meaning and evolved history of that day. With Mark from Michigan and me from Ohio, both of our states have seen and know much on those aspects, the changes, etc. The ups and downs with the "Labor" movement in America, etc., are varied, interesting and tangled. That's another story from American history for a later day. The UK has had its interesting history, with labor unions and the economy, etc., too!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 185,243 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Happy Labor Day to all who celebrate it.

The day of celebration has its roots in the industrial revolution, and heralds the laborers and workers who have achieved so much for America.I am not sure many people think of the blood, sweat and tears of those workers, or others who toiled at the hands of owners on this day.

Rather it has become a day to barbeque as the end of summer is here, and Fall begins.

Certainly many in this country prosper, but we would do well to remember those people today who still seek a better life, wherever they are and wherever they are trying to go, and those who worked long hours with little pay in sweatshops to eke out a living.

Happy Labor Day to all who celebrate it.

The day of celebration has its roots in the industrial revolution, and heralds the laborers and workers who have achieved so much for America.I am not sure many people think of the blood, sweat and tears of those workers, or others who toiled at the hands of owners on this day.

Rather it has become a day to barbeque as the end of summer is here, and Fall begins.

Certainly many in this country prosper, but we would do well to remember those people today who still seek a better life, wherever they are and wherever they are trying to go, and those who worked long hours with little pay in sweatshops to eke out a living.

Lovely sentiments. :)

Today in Jeffs Taverna we had something really simple, and unworthy of JP.

I threw a lamb shoulder into some foil with loads of halved red onion, fresh garlic, fresh thyme and loads and loads of olive oil and slow baked it for many hours. A 20 second poolish / biga last night gave us a quick onion seed loaf for mopping juices .... and a bottle of frozen white lubricated a lovely meal today.

I don't do presentation as you all know. It is the food not the presentation. But that meal was right proper. Ipad piccies ..... no Sonnies.

Jeff

ps When you left us ... you could all spell Labour. It had a "u". What went wrong. :)

4B8F5AC3-04C8-424A-9DDC-D2D979740D86.jpg

616C2054-D678-4AFB-92FB-7065DA016171.jpg

E563E343-879D-412F-BBFC-502FE8608AE6.jpg

Jeff,

In my prior life I was constantly corrected for spelling check as cheque. Finally my secretary gave up and I won.

I don't spell tire as tyre...

I think we tried to simplify spelling to seem less royal.I ove the differences in spelling and word nuances and the idioms. I have learned a lot on this thread.

Food looks scrumptious as usual.

Mark...all women who give birth know the true feeling of labour...its pain worth having.

Enjoy your special milestone day.

Lovely sentiments. :)

Today in Jeffs Taverna we had something really simple, and unworthy of JP.

I threw a lamb shoulder into some foil with loads of halved red onion, fresh garlic, fresh thyme and loads and loads of olive oil and slow baked it for many hours. A 20 second poolish / biga last night gave us a quick onion seed loaf for mopping juices .... and a bottle of frozen white lubricated a lovely meal today.

I don't do presentation as you all know. It is the food not the presentation. But that meal was right proper. Ipad piccies ..... no Sonnies.

Jeff

ps When you left us ... you could all spell Labour. It had a "u". What went wrong. :)

4B8F5AC3-04C8-424A-9DDC-D2D979740D86.jpg

616C2054-D678-4AFB-92FB-7065DA016171.jpg

E563E343-879D-412F-BBFC-502FE8608AE6.jpg

Finally a food picture! Does yummmmmy translate okay;)