Classic Drinks Package

NauticalMiss

You must be missing the Beverage Package FAQ. Don't worry, here it is: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2167294

Thanks for providing this. That said, I like IPA beers which I assume will be premium. If you have the classic package for alcohol, I assume they will credit you up to $6?

On the two free items being offered right now, I assume that the beverage package is a good one to choose.

Wow, you would think they would credit you your $6. My guess is my IPAs might be a premium as they are like a stout. I'm now wondering if I should go back and take the $300 cabin credit instead of the classic beverage package. We drink water, coffee, ice tea, and my wife will have a glass of wine and I will have an IPA beer. Pretty boring stuff!

We have the Classic Beverage Package included. That was one of the 123GO perks. I am sure I am going to use it fully. Daily 2-3 cocktails, couple of specialty coffees, couple of glasses of wine at the dinner, bottled waters during the day. We see no problem using it. :)

Wow, you would think they would credit you your $6. My guess is my IPAs might be a premium as they are like a stout. I'm now wondering if I should go back and take the $300 cabin credit instead of the classic beverage package. We drink water, coffee, ice tea, and my wife will have a glass of wine and I will have an IPA beer. Pretty boring stuff!

We booked the 4 night cruise for November through a well known travel agency, one which advertises on this website. We were able to get the $300 OBC plus the beverage pkg. They were offering to upgrade us to the premium beverage pkg., gratuities, and unlimited internet for $30 pp/pd, but

we decided it was not worth it for only 4 nights.

Hi, can anyone tell me what a 'Classic Drinks Package' is? I am having trouble establishing what is included. Thanks in advance..............

Unless you like really high end beer and wine or big martini's, the classic is fine. I drink Miller lite and maybe a free margarita's or a class of white zin, hubby drinks jack/sprite, white Russians, bloody Mary's, rum punches so the Classic works fine for us.

In order to determine whether the $300 shipboard credit for the cabin is a better deal than the Classic beverage package for two, you just need to do some simple calculations of what's included under the Classic package assuming you consume alcohol. Let's say for a typical day you go down to the Cafe al Bacio and get two specialty coffees at $5 each ($10 for the day), then freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast for two at $3 each ($6 for the day), then two bottles of water at $2 each ($4 dollars for the day), then at lunch you have a Heineken beer at $6 and your spouse has a $9 tropical cocktail (so this totals $15 for the day), then in late afternoon/predinner time you have two more Heinekens and two glasses of wine (this totals $12 for the beers and $18 for the wine), then at dinner two glasses of wine ($18 for the wine), then you each have an after dinner cordial at $6 each (a total of $12), and then maybe during the show another beer and cocktail ($6 for the beer and $9 for the cocktail). I don't think this is an excessive amount of drinking for the day, but you can see that when you add everything up, it totals $110 for the day, or $770 for a 7 night cruise. This would be a huge bar bill to pay at the end, but it's completely covered with the Classic beverage package. When compared to the $300 shipboard credit, the Classic beverage package looks like a steal to me. You only need to drink 3 beers and 3 glasses of wine between a couple each day to make the Classic beverage package a better deal than the $300 shipboard credit (3 x $6=$18 + 3 x $9=$27 for a total of $45 for the day, or $315 for the week). Then, to top it off, you get the $5 specialty coffees and $2 bottles of water, too. Hope this helps.

John

John, this is a great rundown. We just got off Solstice about 2 weeks ago. We all had the classic package and we loved it. What a difference in the final onboard bill! No more arm and a leg cost for wine at dinner. And we did not find any difference in the service level. Courteous and prompt bartenders and waitstaff as we always have had.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Another cheer for the Classic Package.

We enjoyed lattes and OJ in the morning, grabbed a bottle of water, a glass of wine or a mojito while reading in the afternoon, wine with dinner (we're not that choosy), another latte or maybe an Irish coffee with dessert. A drink during the evening performance and a specialty coffee at Cafe al Bacio.

No hassle, never had to ask "is this included?" -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Am I correct in assuming there is a gratuity automatically added to all beverages if you are on the classic package. So you pay for the package, then they tack on gratuity of 18% or did I read the information incorrectly?

Another cheer for the Classic Package.

We enjoyed lattes and OJ in the morning, grabbed a bottle of water, a glass of wine or a mojito while reading in the afternoon, wine with dinner (we're not that choosy), another latte or maybe an Irish coffee with dessert. A drink during the evening performance and a specialty coffee at Cafe al Bacio.

No hassle, never had to ask "is this included?" -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Agreed, CP was more than sufficient for all of our drinking needs.

Am I correct in assuming there is a gratuity automatically added to all beverages if you are on the classic package. So you pay for the package, then they tack on gratuity of 18% or did I read the information incorrectly?

The gratuity is included in the price. You do not pay extra unless you wish to add an additional tip.

If you get the classic package and are not satisfied with the offerings, you can upgrade to the premium package for $11.80 per day (including gratuities). If you decide part way through the cruise, you only pay for the remaining days of the cruise

In order to determine whether the $300 shipboard credit for the cabin is a better deal than the Classic beverage package for two, you just need to do some simple calculations of what's included under the Classic package assuming you consume alcohol. Let's say for a typical day you go down to the Cafe al Bacio and get two specialty coffees at $5 each ($10 for the day), then freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast for two at $3 each ($6 for the day), then two bottles of water at $2 each ($4 dollars for the day), then at lunch you have a Heineken beer at $6 and your spouse has a $9 tropical cocktail (so this totals $15 for the day), then in late afternoon/predinner time you have two more Heinekens and two glasses of wine (this totals $12 for the beers and $18 for the wine), then at dinner two glasses of wine ($18 for the wine), then you each have an after dinner cordial at $6 each (a total of $12), and then maybe during the show another beer and cocktail ($6 for the beer and $9 for the cocktail). I don't think this is an excessive amount of drinking for the day, but you can see that when you add everything up, it totals $110 for the day, or $770 for a 7 night cruise. This would be a huge bar bill to pay at the end, but it's completely covered with the Classic beverage package. When compared to the $300 shipboard credit, the Classic beverage package looks like a steal to me. You only need to drink 3 beers and 3 glasses of wine between a couple each day to make the Classic beverage package a better deal than the $300 shipboard credit (3 x $6=$18 + 3 x $9=$27 for a total of $45 for the day, or $315 for the week). Then, to top it off, you get the $5 specialty coffees and $2 bottles of water, too. Hope this helps.

John

Yep even a light drinker can do ok when you add Coffee OJ and water I reckon DW goes through nearly $35 on those alone.

Yes and no.

If the package is $50 you pay $ 59 that is $50+18%.

No other grat required unless you wish to tip extra.

According to Celebrity website and a print out I have of their beverage packages an 18% service charge will be added to Package prices at checkout.

However, if your classic package is a perk as part of the 123Go or BBB, then there is no checkout and no additional 18% and there is no service charge added at the time of consumption.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

The OP has the classic package in conjunction with the 123Go perks - so there is no checkout and no additional 18%

Yes, correct. We had 123Go on our July cruise and just give the bartender your card and nothing else is needed.

The CP was great and never a need to upgrade.