Family of 4 in an Interior Stateroom

Our upcoming cruise will be the first time that our family of 4 will share a stateroom. The teenagers will sleep on the beds that pull down from the ceiling. My teenage son is 6'0. Are we going to be miserable all piled up in the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is different on this subject,We had same type room with a 9 yr old and 5 yr old.The room seemed like a shoebox.I wont lie,if all four of you are standing in common area you will be on top of each other.I couldnt button my shirt without elbowing my wife in the face.We were very cramped and we are all very very thin people.With a balcony when the wife and kids are all in room I can go out on the balcony and get out of the way.But..... You dont spend much time in the room sooooo........ But that was my experience and we have never done it again.Only balcony now with our kids.I hope I didnt say anything wrong.You asked and that was my honest experience.Oh and space to put suitcases and clothes was another problem.

Edited by rtazz17

Okay it sounds like we will not be comfortable, but considering the limited amount of time we will be in the room, we should be okay. But I probably will never book a single room for all of us again. I appreciate everyone's feedback

unless you are booked on a deal where they had kids sail free, it's usually cheaper to get two cabins. If not, cheaper not that much more and the two bathrooms are well worth it.

I don't usually like sharing a room with 1 person, can't even thing about 4 to a cabin!

When I sailed with my parents we were glad to have the balcony so that we could "make room" by hanging out out there while the others got ready. It does get hard to move around even in a "larger" room when you have a lot of people in a small cabin.

We have done it but once the boys were older we would get 2 rooms. We would have DH and I get dressed for diner while the boys were out and then we would go for a drink while they got ready. It worked pretty well.They are in college now so it is just the two of us most of the time.

We did it in June 2011 to Alaska; DS1 was 18 and nearly 6 feet tall, and DS2 was 9. We're doing it again next summer for a Baltic cruise. It was fine. When we first got into the cabin, I said "Rule Number 1: No leaving your shoes laying around in the middle of the floor." :)

Our upcoming cruise will be the first time that our family of 4 will share a stateroom. The teenagers will sleep on the beds that pull down from the ceiling. My teenage son is 6'0. Are we going to be miserable all piled up in the room?

Price out the two rooms-- it might just be mere dollars for two rooms

But we saved over 700 putting us all into one cabin.

But you will not be able to have the lower beds together-- it will take up your floor space. We used the cabin to sleep=- we used the gym spa to shower so we can all get done in a timely manner

http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/dpwright92/media/SDC14112.jpg.html

the only floor space you will have is UNDER those beds.

now keeping the beds separated will give you a lot more space

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/platinumvacations/The%20Carnival%20Pride/DSCN2212.jpg

now we also used 2 over the door shoe holders--one for inside the bathroom for all that nessecity stuff and one outside the bathroom for all the stuff we need for the day.

Unpack everything-- do not live out of suitcases.

Store the empty bags under the beds.

Store empty clothes in one of those bags.

Leave NOTHING on the vanity-- EVERYTHING goes into the shoe holders

Once the cabin becomes clustered it will start closing in on you

Keep it organized is key

My son is also 6'0 tall and we opted for 2 connecting balconies. We also have 3 other children, so there's that. But the Pullman is not an option for someone that tall. IMO. You may have to switch with him [emoji33]

My sons were fine on the upper bed.. and one is 6'3 and the other is 6'4

We sailed to Bermuda on Explorer last year and originally had my daughter and family (4)booked in 1 interior cabin. Did the math and it was only $100 more to go with 2 rooms. This was before bogoho. They ended up with connecting cabins and it worked out great. At ages 2 and 4 the boys still needed their space especially with a stroller parked in the room.

I did it several times as a child with my family (up to being a high schooler). It was fine for us - unpack, stay organized, and always stop to pee before heading back to the room. We also dressed in shifts - one in the bathroom and one in the room at a time. My dad would dress in the bathroom either first or last and be out of the room of needed while us girls got ready.

Bring some magnets in addition to the hanging Travel bags (we don't use shoe holders but accomplish the same thing with our hanging bags) too - help keeping things off the counters will be helpful.

Some of our best trips were when we booked the last room on the lowest deck for all 4 of us! It was the perfect way to encourage us to do stuff!!

We've booked for four adults. 2 adults, 2 seniors. We were considering 4 in a room, but because of BOGO, it didn't make much sense.

So, we got one OceanView, and one interior across the hall. The price difference wasn't much because if we had one room, it would be the OceanView.

Interior stateroom ( 132 sq. ft ):

Guests 1-2: $767 USD ( BOGO )

Guests 3-4: $539 USD

TOTAL: $2612 ( $653 pp )

A Large Ocean View Stateroom (

Guests 1-2: $983 ( BOGO )

Guests 3-4: $689

TOTAL: $3,344 ( $836 pp )

One of Each:

Guests 1-2: $983 ( BOGO )

Guests 3-4: $767 USD ( BOGO )

TOTAL: $3,500 ( $ 875 pp )

In the end, it ended up being $40 pp to get two rooms if one was an interior.

We are doing an interior next summer on the Freedom. My kids aren't as old as yours but I'm not sweating it. We had a balcony last summer and I will miss it but the bogo I got was so good I couldn't pass it up. We still only had one bathroom and we were fine. Our ship is port heavy and we are never in our room.

We do lots of excursions, drink packages, etc. I can't afford everything :cool: and need to cruise.