Arrival at San Juan Pier/Terminal

We just booked a cruise on the Adventure OTS on October 31, 2015. The ship departure time is 8:30pm. We've never left that late on a cruise, so what is the EARLIEST they will let you arrive at the terminal, check-in, and board the ship? We are Diamond members.

We just booked a cruise on the Adventure OTS on October 31, 2015. The ship departure time is 8:30pm. We've never left that late on a cruise, so what is the EARLIEST they will let you arrive at the terminal, check-in, and board the ship? We are Diamond members.

We usually arrive around 11am.

You might have to plan on being late, I'm on the cruise before you and My DH is going to have to find my hiding place and carry me off the ship kicking and screaming. (Might be a while)

We arrived from the airport for Jewel (out of San Juan) about 12.30 and were sitting down having lunch at 1.

We left our hotel at 10:30, arrived at the terminal around 10:50 it was open, was onboard by 11:15, but had to wait for the WJ to open, yea we got every minute worth of cruise! At least Jewel had a nice outside waiting area near the WJ!

We cruised on Jewel out of San Juan in July 2013. We arranged for our transfer directly from the airport to the ship via Royal. It got us to the ship by 1pm. We had to fly in that same day, and did not have the luxury of flying in the day before. We took the first flight out of S. Florida that we could and arrived in San Juan early. We had to wait for the first shuttle to the port, and then they wait for the shuttle to be filled with the passengers coming from various airlines before a shuttle leaves the airport. They separate you from your luggage and the next time you will see your luggage is when it is outside of your stateroom, hours later.

Next time, I would just take a cab from the airport to the port and ship.

We left our hotel at 10:30, arrived at the terminal around 10:50 it was open, was onboard by 11:15, but had to wait for the WJ to open, yea we got every minute worth of cruise! At least Jewel had a nice outside waiting area near the WJ!

We were on the Adventure Of The Seas (March/April 2015) at 11:35.

Next time, I would just take a cab from the airport to the port and ship.

Best 20.00 bucks you'll ever spend:):D We used the RCCL shuttle on our first cruise (were with a group) 11 years ago. Once was enough, will never mess with that again. Taxi's are usually cheaper, and definetly faster and more convenient!

OP we've cruised from SJU on RCCL 5 times, always gotten to the pier around 11:00 and always been on the ship before noon.

Edited by bouhunter