Kind of bummed.....

HaliMakai

I was watching pricing and finally booked on the Conquest last week, I have been super busy at work and other personal things, so yesterday was the first time I had to sit down and get on Carnival.com to put in my credit card etc. I wanted to book FTTF. It was sold out.....we are still over 100 days from sailing. Does anyone know if they open more slots or if anyone ever cancels?

Situations like this make me glad I have a "real" TA

(meaning an actual person that one knows by name and face ) who will watch for me.

Don't know why more people don't use TA's since they don't cost any more.

My last sailing I caught 7 price drops! $630 in drops.

You really think a TA would have accommodated me in that regard, cutting into their commission in such a way?

I saved $$ booking direct and saved myself from 7 aggravating phone calls to a TA that could only have been made during THEIR OFFICE HOURS.

Two of my price drops occurred in the evening.

:rolleyes:

Situations like this make me glad I have a "real" TA (meaning an actual person that one knows by name and face ) who will watch for me. Don't know why more people don't use TA's since they don't cost any more.

You're kidding, right? Do they have a crystal ball that says FTTF became available or spend time checking for you?

Email FttFinfo@carnival.com along with the following in the subject line:

1. name of ship

2. guest name

3. sail date

4. cabin number

5. booking number

If any open up they will contact you. There have been some reports that this might be a waiting list. There is another thread discussing this, as some have gotten emails stating that FTTF was added to their booking and their S&S account will be charged once on the ship.

You really think a TA would have accommodated me in that regard, cutting into their commission in such a way?

I saved $$ booking direct and saved myself from 7 aggravating phone calls to a TA that could only have been made during THEIR OFFICE HOURS.

Yes! A good TA will do just that because it keeps you as a repeat customer.

I love it when I open my e-mail and find that I have a new confirmation due to a price drop. On my Princess booking for Jan 2015 she saved me $1200 with 3 different price drops and she got me OBC with one of them. On my Carnival Freedom booking coming up she saved me $200 and got me upgraded to a suite.

Lots of TA's work from home these days and they work all kinds of crazy hours and weekends too. Mine is often sending out e-mails at 9 or 10 pm and works most weekends. Even if not working she checks her e-mail constantly and always gets back to us right away. She takes her laptop on vacation and has actually booked a cruise for us while she was cruising because the promo would have expired before she got back.

We stopped booking ES because of the restrictions. We always book a past guest rate and our agent will modify the rate code whenever they come out with a senior, resident rate or other promo that we are eligible for.

She knew we wanted to book a cruise for Jan 2017 but the only rate was an ES or Fun Select or full tariff and we didn't want that. Lo and behold I got a confirmation from her last weekend. She watched it and as soon as a Past Guest rate became available she grabbed the Spa Suite we wanted. I have no doubt that if the price goes down we will get a price drop. She has our authority to cancel and get the deposit refunded and rebook and pay another deposit, if that is what it takes.

As for price drops - she registers all her clients cruises on a site that keeps track of cruise prices and gets alerts on price changes. If Carnival ES she fills out the form electronically. If booked on another rate she will modify the booking. Her service keeps us coming back and we have been booking 3-4 cruises + all inclusive resorts with her for 20 years now.

If there is ever an issue not only will the TA be there for us, but her District Sales Managers from all the cruise lines will be available too. In fact once her HAL DSM asked what it would take to get us to book HAL instead of Princess and she gave her a long laundry list including a certain price for a suite, OBC, onboard discounts and lo and behold the DSM gave it to us!

You just have not found the right agent! You could start looking for a CLIA Master or Elite Cruise Counsellor. Not only do they have to take the coursework, but they have to sail multiple cruises of different lengths on different cruise lines so they know what they are talking about.

I love it when I open my e-mail and find that I have a new confirmation due to a price drop. On my Princess booking for Jan 2015 she saved me $1200 with 3 different price drops and she got me OBC with one of them. On my Carnival Freedom booking coming up she saved me $200 and got me upgraded to a suite.

Lots of TA's work from home these days and they work all kinds of crazy hours and weekends too. Mine is often sending out e-mails at 9 or 10 pm and works most weekends. Even if not working she checks her e-mail constantly and always gets back to us right away. She takes her laptop on vacation and has actually booked a cruise for us while she was cruising because the promo would have expired before she got back.

We stopped booking ES because of the restrictions. We always book a past guest rate and our agent will modify the rate code whenever they come out with a senior, resident rate or other promo that we are eligible for.

She knew we wanted to book a cruise for Jan 2017 but the only rate was an ES or Fun Select or full tariff and we didn't want that. Lo and behold I got a confirmation from her last weekend. She watched it and as soon as a Past Guest rate became available she grabbed the Spa Suite we wanted. I have no doubt that if the price goes down we will get a price drop. She has our authority to cancel and get the deposit refunded and rebook and pay another deposit, if that is what it takes.

As for price drops - she registers all her clients cruises on a site that keeps track of cruise prices and gets alerts on price changes. If Carnival ES she fills out the form electronically. If booked on another rate she will modify the booking. Her service keeps us coming back and we have been booking 3-4 cruises + all inclusive resorts with her for 20 years now.

If there is ever an issue not only will the TA be there for us, but her District Sales Managers from all the cruise lines will be available too. In fact once her HAL DSM asked what it would take to get us to book HAL instead of Princess and she gave her a long laundry list including a certain price for a suite, OBC, onboard discounts and lo and behold the DSM gave it to us!

You just have not found the right agent! You could start looking for a CLIA Master or Elite Cruise Counsellor. Not only do they have to take the coursework, but they have to sail multiple cruises of different lengths on different cruise lines so they know what they are talking about.

For each good one there are 25 bad or indifferent ones. I have no need to waste my time trying to find the "right one" as I myself am the "right one". I don't need to pay someone else to do what I can do for myself.

Now that you've painted the glories of your TA watching for bookings, the original remarks was will a TA watch for when a FTTF comes out?

I thought I read on Carnival site that FTTF goes on sale 90 days before cruise so they know how many platinum and diamonds were going. Did I dream that?

I snagged FTTF last week for our April 2016 cruise. It was the second round,

For each good one there are 25 bad or indifferent ones. I have no need to waste my time trying to find the "right one" as I myself am the "right one". I don't need to pay someone else to do what I can do for myself.

Not to mention, I actually enjoy doing all that myself, and I like that I can call someone at Carnival 24 hours a day if I want. No need for a TA anymore. Haven't used one for any vacation in years, not since I could always get the better deals on my own.

Situations like this make me glad I have a "real" TA (meaning an actual person that one knows by name and face ) who will watch for me. Don't know why more people don't use TA's since they don't cost any more.

Yes, but you have to give up control of your booking, which is inconvenient. Not worth it, in my opinion.

My TA is more than willing to change the reservation for a price drop. She cares about her clients and does what is necessary to keep them happy. I got two price drops on the October cruise and OBC. I simply send her an email and usually within an hour I have a new confirmation from her with the changes.

My TA is more than willing to change the reservation for a price drop. She cares about her clients and does what is necessary to keep them happy. I got two price drops on the October cruise and OBC. I simply send her an email and usually within an hour I have a new confirmation from her with the changes.

BenjiRodney what some are saying is that they think their TA is searching several times a day without the client asking. Others dispute this. You state that you send an email when you find a price drop to alert your TA to ask for the drop which makes sense and you get the OBC for using a TA which your TA takes out of their commission which is a gain for you.

I think it's awful they charge you to board early!

If you think that's all there is to it then you are sadly misinformed.

Unlike you, I think it's great that people have the option to use FTTF if they want (when they can get a slot).

Edited by Out to sea!

I was watching pricing and finally booked on the Conquest last week, I have been super busy at work and other personal things, so yesterday was the first time I had to sit down and get on Carnival.com to put in my credit card etc. I wanted to book FTTF. It was sold out.....we are still over 100 days from sailing. Does anyone know if they open more slots or if anyone ever cancels?

Keep checking daily. I have had the most luck finding it open first thing in the morning.

I am on the same sailing! 112 days -- seems like forever!