What do you request?

music

Besides asking for everything mentioned already, I check under the sheets to make sure the mattress pad and mattress are clean. We just for of the constellation and noticed in the first 5 minutes that the mattress pad was stained with blood and urine, heavily stained ,and also lots of hair on the surface! Disgusting .

Unacceptable. I also asked that the shower grout be scrubbed with bleach as it was grimy and discoloured.

I love the ice cold water from the ice buckets....we use that way more than the actual ice.

We just ask for a pitcher of ice water, refilled am and pm, and that takes care of all our water drinking in the cabin. No need to wait for the ice to melt and try to pour it out of the bucket! They have been very willing to do this for the last several years.

We just ask for a pitcher of ice water, refilled am and pm, and that takes care of all our water drinking in the cabin. No need to wait for the ice to melt and try to pour it out of the bucket! They have been very willing to do this for the last several years.

Never thought of asking for a pitcher of ice water, great idea. What kind of pitcher is it? Insulated, glass, metal?

Never thought of asking for a pitcher of ice water, great idea. What kind of pitcher is it? Insulated, glass, metal?

It's just a regular metal pitcher but it keeps the water cold through the day, then gets refilled in the evening.

Are these requests available for any stateroom? Or only if you are in certain room classes?
I think everything that's been mentioned here is available to everyone. Certainly things like extra hangers, pillows, cleaning out the fridge, ice and water, towels, etc are all available to everyone

We are always in a handicapped stateroom, sadly you must put towels on the floor or the shower water runs all over the place. We feel bad making this mess for our attendant. But until there is another way to stop the mess we will have to continue using towels. Has anyone found a better way?

We have a friend who actually brings a rubber gasket(1 1/2 inches or so high) that he temporarily adheres to the floor.

• 3 months later...
Is it possible through the website or to the call center to request beds as twins ?

Does such a request usually get actioned correctly ?

If they don't do it beforehand, they will sometime before turn-down on the first night.

We took my mom and dad on a cruise in 2008, and they sleep in twin beds (just something that generation did/does I guess) and it was one single bed when we got there. We asked to have it made into twins and while we were at dinner on the first night it was.

I've requested cookies on a plate covered in plastic wrap so they stay fresh more than a day. And some crackers. This way the steward knows not to clear them if they're still there after a few days.

I know this is a strange request, but it's for health reasons when I need them in the middle of the night. I've always gotten them either the first night or early the first day.

We also request ice so I don't have to bring a glass from the bar for sodas.

We have been very lucky that our cabin attendants have been great!

What do you ask of your room steward on day one? We are new to Celebrity and booked Aqua. Many cruises on RCL, but this is all new to us!

Anything special you request when you board?

First thing I do is ask his/her name. Then where is his home, family, how long has he been on the ship, when will he be going home.

I find they really appreciate having a nice conversation rather than be treated like an indentured servant.

Is it possible through the website or to the call center to request beds as twins ?

Does such a request usually get actioned correctly ?

Every cruise I have ever been on has "twin" beds. They push the together to make a king.

We always request them set together as a king, but most times, we get the twins, no big deal, just tell the steward how you like them, and within a minute or two, done deal.

We are pretty low maintenance (not picky or demanding, at all). We now usually have to ask for ice. It used to be a standard in every cabin, but seems now if you don't request it you don't get it. And we also ask for wine glasses. There again used to always be in our cabin but is no longer the case. We bring our own wine and stick it in the fridge. It is not necessary to have the mini- bar cleaned out to store two bottles of wine. If you remove a couple of items and just stick them in the shelving that is above the counter top you'll have plenty of room for your wine. And your steward will know that you didn't drink the missing bar items because they will be clearly seen in those shelves above.

This is really nice!

First thing I do is ask his/her name. Then where is his home, family, how long has he been on the ship, when will he be going home.

I find they really appreciate having a nice conversation rather than be treated like an indentured servant.

Sharps bottle for medical waste, distilled water and extension cord for CPAP, cotton balls, extra towels and washclothes, water, ice, etc. My TA makes requests before sailing. Usually the requested items are in our cabin. If not, we ask the cabin steward. Lately, we have noticed that there are more hangers in the closet than in past years. During the cruise, if I use the soap, shampoo, etc., most cabin stewards replace without asking. On my recent cruise, I did ask for soap. I hate it when the bar of soap gets real thin.

I'm surprised too by the number of people that ask for the mini bar to be emptied. We empty it ourselves and put everything into one of he drawers in the loveseat. The afternoon before we leave we put everything back in the frig. We have made this practice part of unpacking/packing.

There are drawers in the loveseat?!!

Guest debbiejohncruise
Not necessarily on the first meeting ...

-extra hangers

-extra towels

-remove mini bar contents

-remove coffee table

Queen of Oakville? lol We don't live far down the 401 from you at all. :) I wouldn't ask the room attendants for any of that - just the extra hangars. The mini bar contents are fine, we just move them around if we have a bottle to put in there, the towels are replaced twice a day and we use the coffee table. Deb

Don't want to take the thread in another direction but...has anyone given their steward a bit of tip when you know they're going off ship for personal time off?

Really??? I would be offended if I were a steward and you wanted to give me money for my shore time! These people are grown-ups! With families, bank accounts, bills and a job. This would be like giving little Johnny money for his big trip to the dime store! Just tip them at the end and they will be happy.

I will tell you a secret - we owned a B&B for 9 years and EVERY morning at breakfast the same conversation with guests - Every one expressed they've always wanted to have a Bed & Breakfast and every one always asked how I came to be an innkeeper. So EVERY morning at breakfast I would cheerfully relate the story and graciously answer the same questions day in & day out - why - not because I particularly liked it but because it was my bread & butter and because the guests liked it.

I try and take my cues from the person I am speaking with - some are quite happy to stay & chat others do it to be polite - that is how the hospitality industry works.

So just keep in mind these folks have had this same conversation hundreds of times and you are not making their day by being "interested" in them. This is their job - just treat them with respect. Do you ask the the girl at the drive thru or the clerk at the grocery these questions? They do not need to be validated as human beings - they already are and have lives beyond their jobs.

Not necessarily on the first meeting ...

-extra hangers

-extra towels

-remove mini bar contents

-remove coffee table

Ah who knew they'd take out that darn coffee table! I'm going to ask for that too! Didnt know about hangers either. YAY!

We get pillows, and extra towels, and ice 2x a day as well. And empty the fridge, or we take all the stuff out and they get rid of it for us. :-)

So just keep in mind these folks have had this same conversation hundreds of times and you are not making their day by being "interested" in them.

Really?:confused:

Trust me. When you have a conversation with me, you have never in your life had that conversation once, let alone "hundreds of times".

I have had a lot of fun with my stewards, and they also with me.

We have had discussions about ports of call, suggestions on outings, inside tips on what to do on certain days, and they have shared with me what I can expect on certain islands ..... just nice to be amicable with them.

Hey, imagine this, we have had conversations on politics, local and international customs, sports, and totally off the wall stuff.

I can understand how you "are not making their day by being "interested" in them". They are your servants and have a job to do, nothing else.:rolleyes:

Also, I afford people I meet at the pool bar (bartenders and fellow cruisers), the MDR, and various other places the same courtesies. I will converse if so desired, and I will listen.

Somehow, it works for me. I have met some incredibly interesting and wonderful people in so doing, both staff and cruisers.

Bottom line, people are people. Maybe you could give it a shot. Try it. Have a conversation with your steward on your next cruise.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL

This:

Trust me. When you have a conversation with me, you have never in your life had that conversation once, let alone "hundreds of times".

We have had discussions about ports of call, suggestions on outings, inside tips on what to do on certain days, and they have shared with me what I can expect on certain islands ..... just nice to be amicable with them.

Hey, imagine this, we have had conversations on politics, local and international customs, sports, and totally off the wall stuff.

I can understand how you "are not making their day by being "interested" in them". They are your servants and have a job to do, nothing else.:rolleyes:

Also, I afford people I meet at the pool bar (bartenders and fellow cruisers), the MDR, and various other places the same courtesies. I will converse if so desired, and I will listen.

Somehow, it works for me. I have met some incredibly interesting and wonderful people in so doing, both staff and cruisers.

Bottom line, people are people. Maybe you could give it a shot. Try it. Have a conversation with your steward on your next cruise.

is considerably different than this first post:

"Originally Posted by LA_CA_GAL View Post

I find they really appreciate having a nice conversation rather than be treated like an indentured servant."

Was I supposed to infer ALL of that from your first post???? My comments were directed to the same old "Where are you from? How long have you been on the ship? When do you go home? line of questioning. Clearly you are much better at inferring things from VERY limited info as you deemed yourself qualified to judge me all of those things based on ONE forum post. I can tell why you think you are so wonderful to meet.

Guest debbiejohncruise

I have so much fun talking to the staff and greeting them in their own language. Come out of your shells people. I agree with La Ca Gal. You go girl! Deb

This:

is considerably different than this first post:

"Originally Posted by LA_CA_GAL View Post

I find they really appreciate having a nice conversation rather than be treated like an indentured servant."

Was I supposed to infer ALL of that from your first post???? My comments were directed to the same old "Where are you from? How long have you been on the ship? When do you go home? line of questioning. Clearly you are much better at inferring things from VERY limited info as you deemed yourself qualified to judge me all of those things based on ONE forum post. I can tell why you think you are so wonderful to meet.

Let's be clear. I never "inferred" that I think I am wonderful to meet. You would be a great example of someone that would find me incredibly irritating to engage in conversation. The above would attest to that.

And yes, I am judgmental. However, for the sake of civility, I will refrain from so doing here.

I find it sad that you would come at me for engaging in conversation with the staff specifically stating that in so doing I am" not making their day by being "interested" in them". I find your statement incredibly presumptuous and offensive.

But, that's OK. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Also, I liked the red large font you used to express yourself. It fits.