What do you request?

music

For the person who says the Room Attendants are "too busy" on the first day, I would say that every single one of them has introduced themselves and then asked us if there are any special needs we require. So it would seem they want this information ASAP so they can get organized right away.

We also ask for an extra towel (I like 2, husband only needs 1)

Ice

Empty the mini-bar

Top Sheet

I have never asked for a different pillow on the first day, but by the morning of the second I usually know if any in the cabin are working for me, and if not, then I request a different type. :)

After that first day we seldom have any further requests and we appreciate how well they look after us.

For the person who says the Room Attendants are "too busy" on the first day, I would say that every single one of them has introduced themselves and then asked us if there are any special needs we require. So it would seem they want this information ASAP so they can get organized right away.

We also ask for an extra towel (I like 2, husband only needs 1)

Ice

Empty the mini-bar

Top Sheet

I have never asked for a different pillow on the first day, but by the morning of the second I usually know if any in the cabin are working for me, and if not, then I request a different type. :)

After that first day we seldom have any further requests and we appreciate how well they look after us.

I actually said "quite busy" not "too busy". They are quite busy since they needed to turn over the rooms earlier in the day; get ready for Muster Drill and greet new passengers. For the most part they do a terrific job! They do what they can to set a positive tone from the first day and try to handle every request. I'm just suggesting that people should understand and avoid complicating the situation by making long lists of requests containing items that could be put off for a day. What you do is very reasonable, but I've heard stories about "problem" passengers who by any measure were less than reasonable.

I actually said "quite busy" not "too busy". They are quite busy since they needed to turn over the rooms earlier in the day; get ready for Muster Drill and greet new passengers. For the most part they do a terrific job! They do what they can to set a positive tone from the first day and try to handle every request. I'm just suggesting that people should understand and avoid complicating the situation by making long lists of requests containing items that could be put off for a day. What you do is very reasonable, but I've heard stories about "problem" passengers who by any measure were less than reasonable.

Good comments from an experienced cruiser.

I usually limit my first day requests to more hanger (they are usually wire kind for the extras) and asking to have my min bar emptied when they have an opportunity. The hangers usually arrive soon and the mini bar is usually emptied at night. The contents are typically stored in a bag under the bed.

Just a couple of the usual things:

• Feather pillows
  • Wine Glasses
  • Champagne Glasses
  • Ice bucket for wine
  • Fill mini bar with ONLY Coke and Coors beer
  • Replace duvet with blanket
  • Water pitcher filled half way with ice refreshed 3x daily
  • Two extra towels folded in a square (not rectangular) with each towel change
  • Bed's put together every morning but separated at turn down
  • Loungers for the deck
  • Three extra sitting chairs
  • extra hangers
  • store luggage for us
  • Cardboard box covered with sheet for laundry bin
  • Extra bottled water on counter
  • Towel animals daily (No Monkeys!!)
  • Cleaned and sanitized glasses daily (no cleaning with dusting cloth)
  • 14 rolls of extra toilet paper
  • 3 extra boxes of Kleenex
  • two copies of daily program each evening
  • Blanket to use as covering for fake leather sofa
  • Roll of string
  • Extra laundry bags and forms
  • And a partridge in a pear tree!

Good one. Thank you for the laugh.

I'm sorry, you are correct, I was being too lazy to scroll back and quote you directly.

They do ask, so I take it that they mean to get the information up front. I can assure you that my husband and I have never been confused with one of those "problem" passengers, our attendants seem to love us, as we are very neat and pleasant, and they usually mention to us how easy it is to take care of our cabin. I have walked past other cabins when the doors are open and I can't believe the wreck some of them are....the rooms are so small if everything isn't put away and neat I would go bonkers. :D

I'm sorry, you are correct, I was being too lazy to scroll back and quote you directly.

They do ask, so I take it that they mean to get the information up front. I can assure you that my husband and I have never been confused with one of those "problem" passengers, our attendants seem to love us, as we are very neat and pleasant, and they usually mention to us how easy it is to take care of our cabin. I have walked past other cabins when the doors are open and I can't believe the wreck some of them are....the rooms are so small if everything isn't put away and neat I would go bonkers. :D

You show respect and it's returned by the staff. Slobs are slobs, but some appear to feel that they're on vacationed others are "paid to pick up their mess". Obviously neither you nor I feel that way.

You show respect and it's returned by the staff. Slobs are slobs, but some appear to feel that they're on vacationed others are "paid to pick up their mess". Obviously neither you nor I feel that way.

The ship's staff works long hours and should be treated respectfully. I don't expect my first evening requests to be filled immediately. When asked I answer up front so my cabin steward can pace out what we would like to have done.

I'm surprised at how many ask to have the mini fridge emptied. I just do it myself, find some space at the back of a low shelf/drawer, and tell the steward what I did and where it is. I also put it all back on the last night along w/ anything else in the cabin I may have rearranged during the cruise. They have enough to do on turn around day so I try to leave everything like I found it.

I'm surprised at how many ask to have the mini fridge emptied. I just do it myself, find some space at the back of a low shelf/drawer, and tell the steward what I did and where it is. I also put it all back on the last night along w/ anything else in the cabin I may have rearranged during the cruise. They have enough to do on turn around day so I try to leave everything like I found it.

I'm surprised too by the number of people that ask for the mini bar to be emptied. We empty it ourselves and put everything into one of he drawers in the loveseat. The afternoon before we leave we put everything back in the frig. We have made this practice part of unpacking/packing.

On the first day of our most recent cruise (Silhouette Feb. 2015) I asked for a corkscrew and two wine glasses, assuring him there was absolutely no rush as we knew he was busy. Despite this, he brought these items within 20 minutes and made sure there were clean wine glasses every day after the morning cleaning.

We had also asked him to empty the cabin fridge and when he brought the glasses and corkscrew, he also brought a flexible bag to store the fridge content, and simply left it under the bed.

For those asking what we put in it: the bottles of wine we're allowed to bring on board and the bottles of beer we buy by the bucket from the poolbar (much cheaper).

On seven cruises I've found cabin service to be either excellent or more excellent.

Extra hangers for sure

Let him know that I do like the ice bucket replenished

If the CPAP supplies (distilled water, extension cord) have not been delivered, just a reminder.

I do ask (usually in vain) for an oversized bathrobe that would fit. Only on one cruise did they have one.

Other than that, just thank them in advance. They work so dang hard!

We always ask for ice and wine glasses. And I like the idea of an extra top sheet because I find the duvet too warm and the air is too cold without something. A sheet will be perfect, and it will make it easier for the room steward to make the bed the next morning since we probably won't unmake it.

I'm surprised too by the number of people that ask for the mini bar to be emptied. We empty it ourselves and put everything into one of he drawers in the loveseat. The afternoon before we leave we put everything back in the frig. We have made this practice part of unpacking/packing.

There are drawers in the loveseat???????????

We've never managed to get the steward to empty the refrig, they seem to always tell us to do it.:confused: But we don't mind. If we can use that loveseat for storage, well, I'm really glad I read this thread!

I always ask for a feather pillow and for something to be put on the bed to make the mattress softer. Every cabin attendant has helped me with this request before dinner on embarkation day.

A couple of times I have made these requests pre cruise and the items have never materialised so now I wait until I am on board.

In my experience Celebrity cabin attendants are excellent and only too happy to assist passengers.

For Room Steward:

Last year on CC I read that the Steward would clean out mini-bar Asked our steward last December if he would do so, but he refused, telling me I could take them out myself.

Just read hint about putting bottles from minibar to loveseat....Will do this! (Also just read that other stewards refused to remove stuff...not a big deal to us)

Extra hangers

ice bucket and 2 glasses...replenish 2x day

top sheet

change out sparking wine for a red/white w/steward if you don’t like free bottle in cabin

Robes – can get lighter type if the robes they give you are too heavy. Think we'll ask for these this year.

Pillow selection – ask for type you like. Is there a word for the"squishy" type??

Last year we asked for the canapes in our cabin...not good. Will skip this year. Like a snack on the balcony in late afternoon. Usually call room service or get our own from buffet.

We also checked to see that the following were in our room (Concierge):

footstools - great

Binoculars - useless

Umbrella - was there, but didn't use

Tote bag - nice

shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bar soap, and lotion - quality was OK. Think I'll leave mine behind this year!

Read this hint online, but didn't ask last year. Will do so this year.

"We had a premium drink plan and let our room steward know and asked if he could put a couple of bottles of water in room each night and he was happy to".

Edited by tbmrt
change

As someone correctly stated, the fridge never really gets that cold so it's really not a great place to store things you want cold. For years we have brought a collapsible cooler on our cruises. We saw this brilliant idea on one of our first cabin crawls. We simply ask our stateroom attendant to fill it with ice each day. Typically we keep this in the bathroom shower or on the balcony and it has served us well. Weighs 6 ounces and collapses to one inch. Does not sweat or leak and it allows us to keep beer or water in our room at all times and gives us access to a supply of ice. I'm sure this would not work for everyone, but it comes in handy for us!

Unlike many, we actually ask to have hangers removed from our closet! :D

17065_lg1.jpg

Same as many others' requests:

- empty mini bar (never had a problem with them doing it!)

- extra hangers

- extra towels

- extra pillows (I have the dreaded leg swelling issues)

No problems with any of that earlier this month on the Millennium! It was all done by the time we finished dinner!