Diamond plus member rudely treated by fraudulent onboard offer

I was with my son swiping the card for the games, as he is only 8. As for the hours, I check my emails all hours of the day. They work and live on the ship. From 5pm and 8am the next morning they can't check email from the front desk?

I did go to the diamond member lounge and they said only the loyalty ambassador could work with me. I wasn't directed to the concierge club, but will keep that in mind.

Had RCLs system given us the rebate or the credit, there would have been no issue. It didn't, and when trying to get support , no one could help... And the person who could help leaves at 5pm on the last day with no way to reach them on a ship? It's a matter of principal. I have never had an issue with anything on board...and the first time I have an issue, I'm chased away by everyone. Yes 25 is trivial over the thousands, but where do you draw the line. 100, 250,1000?

I completely agree with this sentiment and to all the posters who have stated that $25 means nothing to them - please write a cheque for that amount and mail it to me immediately.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who think the cruise lines never make mistakes. Did they on this? I don't know. What I do know is they handled it very badly. There is no excuse for not getting back to him, or at the very least, sitting down with him and fully going over the situation with him and explain why he did or didn't get the credit. There was a comment about $25 being a trivial amount for the cruiser. What about $25 being trivial to a multi billion dollar cruise line?

The fact that the customer-facing staff at Guest Relations do not have the authority to resolve $25 problems, whatever they may be, is simply mind-boggling. :rolleyes:

Edited by ronandannette

Is that necessary? Do you act that way in real life or just when you can hide behind a screen and keyboard? Shouldn't we all know if there is a problem and Royal won't handle in a timely matter? Forewarned is forearmed.

What´s wrong with my post?

Yes I certainly act this way in real life!!!

I never said the OP shouldn´t have posted this, all I did was supporting the OP to turn away if that serves his principal.

I never stated the OP was wrong or not telling the truth like others and I´m not saying RCI never can do wrong.

All I´m saying is if the principle of the OP is to go away from RCI over this, so be it. Who am I to argue the OP´s decision or to try to persuade him to Change it?

Seems very trivial.

If you are/were such a RCI fan, how can a $25.00 mistake keep you from cruising with them again?

I've had worse than that and I survived.

This just doesn't seem enough to get that irate over.

Move on and enjoy Carnival or Norwegian.......You won't be missed if you get upset that easily......

Sorry, me suspects a troll. Supposedly a D+ member yet only FOUR posts? Me suspects.

I can understand your comment, as I would think the same. But I have been around here for 3 years, I just enjoy reading everyone's comments.

What´s wrong with my post?

Yes I certainly act this way in real life!!!

I never said the OP shouldn´t have posted this, all I did was supporting the OP to turn away if that serves his principal.

I never stated the OP was wrong or not telling the truth like others and I´m not saying RCI never can do wrong.

All I´m saying is if the principle of the OP is to go away from RCI over this, so be it. Who am I to argue the OP´s decision or to try to persuade him to Change it?

Suggestions on how to help resolve is better than don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya type of post.

Additional suggestions for the OP - you can still email the ships concierge. Send the concierge your information and request the Loyalty Ambassador fix the issue.

I have no idea why the LA isn't available after 5PM on the last sea day. Seems like that would be a peak time for them to rectify these kind of issues and prevent them from becoming large ones, thus, retaining loyalty. Now haven't they separated out loyalty ambassador from future sales so the LA can focus on these things?

Seems very trivial.

If you are/were such a RCI fan, how can a $25.00 mistake keep you from cruising with them again?

I've had worse than that and I survived.

This just doesn't seem enough to get that irate over.

Move on and enjoy Carnival or Norwegian.......You won't be missed if you get upset that easily......

As far as I can tell Royal Caribbean owes OP $25. Would you agree?

Who cares how or when you've been ripped off? It is irrelevant.

Since it doesn't matter to YOU to be fleeced for $25 go ahead and send $25 to OP.

You didn't get the point of my post explaining why I would not be upset over a $25 mistake in my bill.

So, here it is again may a little clearer: over the years, Royal Caribbean has given me so many extras, the value of which is well over $10,000, that a $25 mistake in my bill is minuscule compared to that which I have received.

(To say that the OP was fleeced is extremely far stretched.)

(To suggest that I send $25 to the OP is silly.)

Edited by beachnative

You didn't get the point of my post explaining why I would not be upset over a $25 mistake in my bill.

So, here it is again may a little clearer: over the years, Royal Caribbean has given me so many extras, the value of which is well over $10,000, that a $25 mistake in my bill is minuscule compared to that which I have received.

(To say that the OP was fleeced is extremely far stretched.)

(To suggest that I send $25 to the OP is silly.)

What if this was OP's VERY first cruise ever and there was a $25 billing error?

Or what if you had not received $10K of perks from RCI and there was a $25 billing error?

Edited by LMaxwell

There is no way to "Know" that............ All we have to go by is a poster who makes a ridiculous post title ("fraudulent"......really??).

A D+ member who will never cruise them again over a 25.00 error that may still be able to be corrected? Hard to believe.

It isn't the 25 dollars. It was the customer service. Believe it or not, I have never had an issue where I have had to go to guest services before. I did use the pursers desk on the sovereign of the seas in the 90's, but not for complaints. I guess I am very fortunate, based by how many people have slammed me for my post. Not having any other issues in 17 years, I can't rate any previous experiences. But for the first time having a problem, I am concerned that other situations would result in the same way.

And I am sure once my frustration level settles, I will cruise RCL again, as they do have the best product offering. I just won't use the arcade :)

Or what if you had not received $10K of perks from RCI and there was a $25 billing error?

That's a ridiculous comparison. The OP said they were D+. It could be up-settable....but to come to a conclusion not to sail Royal over $25 is just odd.

OK, I don't mind a conversation.

I could see a first time cruiser being upset.

BUT the OP is a D+ member and that alone has gotten him balcony discounts and plenty of FREE drinks in the Diamond and Concierge Lounge and the value of those add up to a lot more than $25.

Edited by beachnative

Can you explain how that coupon actually worked since you had no issues with it in the past?

The last time we sailed with our grandson, the coupons were still on paper, so we had to go down to GS and have the credit applied. BTW, this was not a D+ benefit as far as I know, but was a standard part of the children's version of the "booklet" that was available starting at Gold.

Joewdial,

Your title seems to be incorrect….WHO TREATED YOU RUDELY??

People at Guest Services gave you direction as did the Diamond Concierge. Not even the Loyalty Ambassador treated you rudely.

From your post it seems that everyone treated you the way their position was required to do. In any job the mis-handling of money is a sticky situation.

As you are D+ and have probably been reading these boards since 2012 you should know that you can call the "Resolutions" desk to have this taken care of you. You may want to start by calling the "D+" desk and having them transfer you to the "Resolutions" desk.

I don't see that the offer was "fraudulent" but I do see the use of "rude" and "fraudulent" in your title to be so.

Valid question. I left out the rudeness part. When we were talking to guest services , she was telling us that "you USA people think that a rebate is a return of the money". We said yes, and that was what the form stated. She told us that it is only a credit for an extra 25 dollars. When we showed her the sheet, and that it didn't say that, she just said the same thing over arguing that they don't owe us the 25 dollars back. So I didn't get the credit and I didn't get the rebate.

If I would have gotten either, I wouldn't be on here. At the same token, I would not have spent 50 in the arcade either. We only spent 50 because of the offer.

OK, I don't mind a conversation.

I could see a first time cruiser being upset.

BUT the OP is a D+ member and that alone has gotten him balcony discounts and plenty of FREE drinks in the Diamond and Concierge Lounge and the value of those add up to a lot more than $25.

What does that have to do with Royal not honoring the offer they made?

From where I sit Royal owes OP $25 and it doesn't matter if they are first time cruiser or if they are Super Mario.

The deal was spend $50 in the arcade, get $25 back. OP is entitled to the $25 refund. Plain and simple. I can't understand how you don't get that.

It isn't the 25 dollars. It was the customer service. Believe it or not, I have never had an issue where I have had to go to guest services before. I did use the pursers desk on the sovereign of the seas in the 90's, but not for complaints. I guess I am very fortunate, based by how many people have slammed me for my post. Not having any other issues in 17 years, I can't rate any previous experiences. But for the first time having a problem, I am concerned that other situations would result in the same way.

And I am sure once my frustration level settles, I will cruise RCL again, as they do have the best product offering. I just won't use the arcade :)

It's interesting how we sometimes get upset over small things.

We had a JS suite in which there was a leak that kept a portion of the carpet wet. It took 5 days for them to find it because it was so well hidden. We were NEVER upset about the wet carpet because they were working hard to find it.

However, we called Room Service one night at 11:50pm to order pizza and were told that because we were ordering after midnight it would be a $5 charge… Wow, that pi$$ed me off because we were ordering before midnight.:)

I suspect lots of cheerleaders on this thread. Seriously like RCL never makes mistakes. They can do no wrong. Who are you all to say that the OP is not D+. Didn't know taking many many cruises required you to post frequently or at all. Maybe the OP never posted because anytime someone has a problem the cheerleaders appear. Who are you to know what is in their pocket and $25 is nothing . If that's the case then why don't YOU send the OP $25. If it's so trivial like the last poster said, then RCL should have refunded it to them since it's a trivial amount. I may not say that that I would leave the cruise line but that's me. I would surely be super pissed about it . I have been with Royal since my first cruise many years ago, but after several years with them if they make a mistake then that is plausible . No company is immune to fault. After all the people working for them is HUMAN. Go figure. I feel for the OP. My advice is to continue to call. I haven't been in this situation after a cruise has ended so dont know how to get it resolved. I DO know that years ago there was a similar offer for arcade credits or rebate, cannot remember which and my son had the same issue. Guest services was able to correct it . I gave them a day and after that went down and had it corrected . Do not give up and just ignore all the ignorance that plagues these boards. SMH

Wild, thank you for the response and support. My wife and I are actually shocked at all the negativity towards us. I do admit I was a bit harsh in my post, as we wanted it to be informative to make others aware that THIS specific offer is not automatic like the others. But when you start typing these things out, you remember how you felt when it happened.

For anyone who needs proof of my dp status, I can send them pics of my sea pass cards, or of my nights on board credits (193) on my c&a account, or my pics from our Quantum event in NYC last year where we met with Adam Goldstein for the dynamic dining tasting.

What does that have to do with Royal not honoring the offer they made?

From where I sit Royal owes OP $25 and it doesn't matter if they are first time cruiser or if they are Super Mario.

The deal was spend $50 in the arcade, get $25 back. OP is entitled to the $25 refund. Plain and simple. I can't understand how you don't get that.

Chalk it up that the two of us look at life differently….and that's OK.

This is just how I feel as a woman. If I had read this post, I would have automatically sympathized with you. It was your first post, that most of us were defending RCCL, but how you phrased everything and seemed a tad irrational. THIS post is more humanized. I think most of us would have reacted differently. To ME, you sounded obsessed to the point of "out of control". Sooo many more important things in life. I truly wish you luck and hope you will stay with RCCL....especially since it is your FIRST problem in all of these years.:)

Edited by champagne123
xxxxx

Chalk it up that the two of us look at life differently….and that's OK.

The troubling part is you don't seem to understand the offer Royal made, or feel they aren't obligated to follow through on the offer.

Now, if you don't care about $25 that is your choice, but to tell OP they aren't owed anything is plain and simply wrong.