We believe Brilliance 2016 Halloween has now been chartered!

Thanks good ideas but wont work for us... one of my kids is aspergers which makes the parks very difficult.. also my mom lives in Florida so if we just go and stay with her its not really a vacation lol... its ok i will figure something out.....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I haven't seen my email yet!

This bites bad; Halloween is a holiday! I found Oasis which I am not really excited about! I have a pretty much end inside balcony and hopefully it will be fun Halloween stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi Karen,

Give the Oasis a chance if you've never sailed on her. I know you enjoy the Brilliance and Vision-type ships (and those aft cabins!), but Oasis is truly a WOW experience and should be tried at least once. You'll be hooked!

Hi Karen,

Give the Oasis a chance if you've never sailed on her. I know you enjoy the Brilliance and Vision-type ships (and those aft cabins!), but Oasis is truly a WOW experience and should be tried at least once. You'll be hooked!

Bill thanks for the pep talk! I do want to try an Oasis class at some point! Next fall seems to be it! I have almost an aft cabin inside balcony, so I would think some water and stage view!?!

I hope you have an awesome trip coming up on your Halloween voyage! Have an amazing time it that amazing suite! Please let us know how it was when you are back! Nice sunny travels!

I was supposed to be on Indy in Nov but no dice; to give freedom class another go round! There were many positives to Liberty! All the production shows were outstanding!

Bill thanks for the pep talk! I do want to try an Oasis class at some point! Next fall seems to be it! I have almost an aft cabin inside balcony, so I would think some water and stage view!?!

I hope you have an awesome trip coming up on your Halloween voyage! Have an amazing time it that amazing suite! Please let us know how it was when you are back! Nice sunny travels!

I was supposed to be on Indy in Nov but no dice; to give freedom class another go round! There were many positives to Liberty! All the production shows were outstanding!

Thanks Karen, I will take pictures for you. If I recall, you'll be in one of the very last inside balcony cabins (maybe 327 or 329?), the ones near the rock climbing wall, right?

I'd have to look for it, but there was a great review posted a couple of months ago from someone who was on either deck 11 or 12, and they had the last two inside balcony cabins on the end. They may have been on the starboard side instead of port, but the mirror image of your location. The review had some good pictures of what your view would be, and you're definitely right there above the Aqua Theater.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Karen, I found that review I mentioned earlier (they had cabin 12729). I've attached the link, and a picture of her view of the Aqua Theater from their inside balcony...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751&highlight=12729

DSCN9659_zpsb7ckdt0f.jpeg

Thanks Karen, I will take pictures for you. If I recall, you'll be in one of the very last inside balcony cabins (maybe 327 or 329?), the ones near the rock climbing wall, right?

I'd have to look for it, but there was a great review posted a couple of months ago from someone who was on either deck 11 or 12, and they had the last two inside balcony cabins on the end. They may have been on the starboard side instead of port, but the mirror image of your location. The review had some good pictures of what your view would be, and you're definitely right there above the Aqua Theater.

Bill thanks 4 the pix! Nice view! I am in 11327 which is the 2nd from the end! Excellent memory Bill. I will be listening to the bell[emoji41] need more cow bell! It should be a great time! I may or may not be Diamond by then. Bill thanks again!

Bill thanks 4 the pix! Nice view! I am in 11327 which is the 2nd from the end! Excellent memory Bill. I will be listening to the bell[emoji41] need more cow bell! It should be a great time! I may or may not be Diamond by then. Bill thanks again!

You're welcome! Check out that full review when you get time. She did a great job with her pix, descriptions and daily recaps.

Ok as per my TA... he believes that going up the chain of command or asking for anything else will not work....

I now have the email regarding this sailing being chartered! I guess I will work with the resolutions team to see how it goes, but I am still thinking for me C&A might is a better route and I feel U get 1 chance at it! No do overs!

Anyone seeing this all imput welcome. I have no TA direct RCCL! Others do have TA'S!

Great night all!

I now have the email regarding this sailing being chartered! I guess I will work with the resolutions team to see how it goes, but I am still thinking for me C&A might is a better route and I feel U get 1 chance at it! No do overs!

Anyone seeing this all imput welcome. I have no TA direct RCCL! Others do have TA'S!

Great night all!

Resolutions folks are very nice Karen, and they will work with you to make sure that your OBC and discounts move to the sailing of your choice.

We've had it happen a couple of times. I've never tried to negotiate more than offered. But we have been satisfied with the way it worked out.

It is a good idea to have some alternate cruises and cabins in mind for when they call.

Edited by Coralc

Resolutions folks are very nice Karen, and they will work with you to make sure that your OBC and discounts move to the sailing of your choice.

We've had it happen a couple of times. I've never tried to negotiate more than offered. But we have been satisfied with the way it worked out.

It is a good idea to have some alternate cruises and cabins in mind for when they call.

Thank you for taking the time to explain! I won't ask 4 the world, but what I deem is an even swap of a Halloween cruise and the OBC that is being offered be attached!

Good luck to all in finding the correct new cruise! What a pain in the extra work!

There needs to be a Consumer Protection Rule stating that if a ship is chartered that all passengers will be rebooked on a sailing of there choice in the same or better cabin for no additional cost and that the operating carrier is required to offer full compensation either as a Future Cruise Credit with no blackout dates etc.

Airlines are bound by the Government such as in Europe in that if your flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues then the airline is responsible for paying all of your out of pocket expenses and then some.

My point is Cruise Critic members should voice their displeasure when they have been booted off(in airline terms involuntarily denied boarding). You purchased the cruise in good faith and in some instances some fellow CCers were downgraded and only were given $100.

What if you took time off work, bought nonrefundable airfare and now are told your dates are not available? Now I can see a cruiseline blocking a ship out due to a charter before it even gets released to the public. Fine then it would not even show up in the general inventory.

Furthermore Royal should endorse the reservation to another cruiseline being it Celebrity or Azamara or even another competitor and pay the difference for the customer to sail during the time period.

I am all for revenue but not when it affects customers who have booked a cruise only to be disappointed.

I guess the least chances of your ship being chartered are ones over 7 nights, Trans Atlantic Cruises, those off season etc.

Another stipulation should be that Charters should only be for a fraction of the ship and not the entire ship and those displaced customers should be offset by the Charter Company. I think the company chartering the ship should be the ones to pay for the displaced customers in addition to Royal Caribbean along with a letter stating the reason for the displacement. There should be no expiration date for the new cruise and even a bonus Premium Beverage Package, Internet Package with Prepaid Gratuities(You pick 3) type deal be extended to the displaced passengers in addition to the previous OBC and current OBC for the cruise plus Double Crown and Anchor points(Points for the cruise not taken and points for the new cruise).

What is your opinion?

Edited by travelplus

There's no bargaining

They'll have a list to choose from in order to be price protected

You'll probably be offered $100.00 OBC

If you choose a different ship or dates other than what they offer you, you will not be price protected or receive the OBC.

How cruddy. I think the customer should be protected on any sailing he or she chooses and be offered more than a meager $100 OBC.

I have meetings in Orlando and book a cruise before they start from either Tampa or Port Canaveral.

When my Brilliance cruise was chartered, they offered three alternatives, none of which fit my schedule. I think two were in January and one was over Thanksgiving.

So I was left with sailing out of Port Canaveral on Enchantment.

I had a great balcony booked on Brilliance at a wonderful price. When I checked prices on Enchantment, they were significantly higher and since I had no price protection I opted for the lower priced inside. I did receive the $100 OBC credit though.

You were sadly cheated and I think you should have been booked in the same category as you were originally booked on your original cruise. Heck I would not accept a downgrade even a category less . My friend I would negotiate more than just a $100 OBC. I would ask them to do a You Pick 3 with Internet Package, Prepaid OBC and Premium Beverage package in addition to a balcony room and the previous OBC and current OBC for the cruise.

You were sadly cheated and I think you should have been booked in the same category as you were originally booked on your original cruise. Heck I would not accept a downgrade even a category less . My friend I would negotiate more than just a $100 OBC. I would ask them to do a You Pick 3 with Internet Package, Prepaid OBC and Premium Beverage package in addition to a balcony room and the previous OBC and current OBC for the cruise.

Travelplus thanks for your point of view and words!

All of us on this Brilliance cruise are working towards a feasible resolution that fits our indv. needs!

Have a nice night/am!

Sorry to see that your cruise has been chartered...this happened to me last Dec. on the Brilliance also....with all the charter's on this ship it makes me very hesitant to book it for any time...a shame cause I enjoyed the ship & it's an easy drive to port...

I was contacted today with this message Hope this helps. :mad::eek::confused:

Please be advised that Royal Caribbean International's Brilliance of the Seas October 31, 2016 sailing has been chartered. As a result, all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be reaccommodated. The following attachment addresses the compensation offered for guests booked on the impacted sailing.

A special help desk has been established to assist you with these changes. The desk will remain open until October 7, 2015. All reservations that are not changed by the specified close date will be cancelled and ineligible for the compensation offered. For any questions or assistance, please call our Reaccommodations Desk at 1-888-281-9344.

Although my TA warned me that calling RCI will not get a different offer, I tried today. The person I spoke with was cold and removed and basically confirmed that nothing can be done about it. I am upset because I am not looking to make anything on this, lol, just wanted a sailing that would be as interesting as a Halloween one we were on. OR a discount on a sailing from NY or Baltimore or Boston.... He would not even have a meaningful conversation. Meanwhile I am looking for prices out to 2017 even nothing is appealing to me. I am a bit pissed that I might have to just walk away from this one and lose the 100 OBC offer.

PRIOR TO this cruise becoming charter, but in anticipation of it, I booked a very nice cruise for 7 days for November 2016 so maybe when my TA comes back from vacation I will try to get him to have the 100 OBC applied to that sailing.

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

Edited by ZandZ

Although my TA warned me that calling RCI will not get a different offer, I tried today. The person I spoke with was cold and removed and basically confirmed that nothing can be done about it. I am upset because I am not looking to make anything on this, lol, just wanted a sailing that would be as interesting as a Halloween one we were on. OR a discount on a sailing from NY or Baltimore or Boston.... He would not even have a meaningful conversation. Meanwhile I am looking for prices out to 2017 even nothing is appealing to me. I am a bit pissed that I might have to just walk away from this one and lose the 100 OBC offer.

PRIOR TO this cruise becoming charter, but in anticipation of it, I booked a very nice cruise for 7 days for November 2016 so maybe when my TA comes back from vacation I will try to get him to have the 100 OBC applied to that sailing.

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

As the old saying goes, 'the squeaky wheel gets the oil'!

It would seem there are two paths you could take,

1) sit back and accept whatever, or

2) attack where it hurts, up the chain of command,

either way, hope you get a satisfactory conclusion for you! :)

It looks like because i b9okrd through a TA my options to attack are non existant... not sure if its true i base this on the convo today.. wonder if people with more experience has this same problem.