We believe Brilliance 2016 Halloween has now been chartered!

Anyone know how to handle and been through this before? I guess we start finding options? Wait for Royal to contact us? How long does that usually take to hear from Royal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I would start looking right away. Everyone that used to be on your ship will be looking for alternatives also. You want to try to get ahead of the game. If you have any special room requirements, then the sooner you switch the better.

I've had three cruises yanked out from under me (one was a Royal Caribbean cruise). The inconvenience offers made by the cruise lines were not enough to make taking their chosen options worthwhile.

ZandZ was it the general 800# that you called? Was it the res team or C&A? I am sorry you got no where with Royal.

Karen i called the general c and a number and was given another number to call... dont remember what it was called as i left my notes at work. . Should i maybe call another number? The guy i spoke with don't even bother to find out my name ir reservation number....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Karen i called the general c and a number and was given another number to call... dont remember what it was called as i left my notes at work. . Should i maybe call another number? The guy i spoke with don't even bother to find out my name ir reservation number....

ZandZ

This the Resolutions Team info! The desk is available now and will remain available to assist you with your reservation until October 7, 2015. We can be reached by calling the following number: 1-888-281-9344.

Then if you are a Crown and Anchor member you could call them! Log on to your account and the # is right there!

Better luck!

I got a phone call instead...and couldn't talk was away for work. But told me I would get an email. Got home today and no email so I called and then said they transfer me to the deployment department...thought that was funny since I just got off work deployment! I took the Nov 5th cruise and was able to still snatch up my aft cabin room 9256 don't know ended up being $75 cheaper they way they applied my discounts I had and then gave me $150 ship board credit! So it worked for us. Hope it works out for everyone else!

I got a phone call instead...and couldn't talk was away for work. But told me I would get an email. Got home today and no email so I called and then said they transfer me to the deployment department...thought that was funny since I just got off work deployment! I took the Nov 5th cruise and was able to still snatch up my aft cabin room 9256 don't know ended up being $75 cheaper they way they applied my discounts I had and then gave me $150 ship board credit! So it worked for us. Hope it works out for everyone else!

Excellent, thanks 4 sharing!

So has anyone said OK it's chartered. Book me on the chartered cruise? I'm just wondering what RCCL's response would be. Or on another note contact the travel agent who is handling the charter cruise and tell them, I'm already booked on this cruise. I've been told it's a charter. I know you're handling the charter and I want you to move my booking over to your charter.

Check to see what the cost going thru RCCL would be and/or the chartered TA and book your best option.

Edited by cynt

So has anyone said OK it's chartered. Book me on the chartered cruise? I'm just wondering what RCCL's response would be. Or on another note contact the travel agent who is handling the charter cruise and tell them, I'm already booked on this cruise. I've been told it's a charter. I know you're handling the charter and I want you to move my booking over to your charter.

Check to see what the cost going thru RCCL would be and/or the chartered TA and book your best option.

Usually a charter is a private affair! Good luck finding out the TA, because Royal is not giving it; not to mention there actually may not be a TA involved!

Usually a charter is available to the public i.e. Tom Joyners cruise, jazz cruise, life style cruise. Im just wondering has anyone tried to contact whoever has chartered the ship n book with them. Tom Joyners cruise has a number and website for you to book. Once you find out who it is I would think it's not difficult to book it if space is available.

ZandZ

This the Resolutions Team info! The desk is available now and will remain available to assist you with your reservation until October 7, 2015. We can be reached by calling the following number: 1-888-281-9344.

Then if you are a Crown and Anchor member you could call them! Log on to your account and the # is right there!

Better luck!

Hi Karen

Well I called again. This time I spoke to a person who at least seemed interested in the conversation. However, I gleaned two things from the conversation.

1. He cannot even access my reservation because it was booked through a TA. I mean I kinda knew I must go through the TA but I didn't realize it's so compartmentalized.

2. Even if he could access the reservation, he told me in his experience nothing outside the offer already made is being discussed.

As of now I have decided to wait for my TA to return to the office and ask him to try to get the $100 OBC applied to my other booking as I see nothing out there that I can book for 4 people, within time and budget constrains I have... This cruise was costing me 1,850 for 4 people.. Nothing comes close in cost. A little sad here.. Seeing two upcoming cruises, although all the way out, still made me smile every time I logged on the RCI site.

Hi Karen

Well I called again. This time I spoke to a person who at least seemed interested in the conversation. However, I gleaned two things from the conversation.

1. He cannot even access my reservation because it was booked through a TA. I mean I kinda knew I must go through the TA but I didn't realize it's so compartmentalized.

2. Even if he could access the reservation, he told me in his experience nothing outside the offer already made is being discussed.

As of now I have decided to wait for my TA to return to the office and ask him to try to get the $100 OBC applied to my other booking as I see nothing out there that I can book for 4 people, within time and budget constrains I have... This cruise was costing me 1,850 for 4 people.. Nothing comes close in cost. A little sad here.. Seeing two upcoming cruises, although all the way out, still made me smile every time I logged on the RCI site.

If you go on the two cruise they offer they will keep the same price for same type of room and the onboard credit.

Oh i know that, thank you. The issue is, we knew this was coming a while ago and i ended up booking a 7 day in late November as my backup cruise... its a great deal with an interesting itinerary compared to the ones bein offered, considering its not Haloween.

This cruise has become a thorn in my side for sure.

I get a phone call today and telling me that they had doubled booked my room and that someone had it before I did.

Ok now I am furious of all the mess up we've been getting. So don't know if I held out good enough but ended up with them giving me a junior suite for half price that it would of cost me. So all to be said I ended up paying $234 more from my orginal price booking for the Oct. 31st now for a JS instead of D1 and with the $100 extra shipboard credit. They was only going to offer me another $100 shipboard credit due to the double booking. If I was to book the JS now I saved $302.56 instead of $100 shipboard credit. Will be my first JS had a grand suite once on the Grandeur. I just pray this cruise starts to turn around and things only change to the better...lol So who all went with the Nov. 5th booking?

Wow, what a mess!

At least you got a nice room. I am sure from this point on it will be "smooth sailing" lol.

It has been a mess for sure....what I think got to her to think was the room she wanted me to book was the one next to the one I should of got and said oh so I can look and see the balcony that you took from me because of your mess ups!!!:eek: I feel it was the best option will see when my husband gets home if he feels the same. She has me on the waiting list if room JS 1100 comes open I know that probably will not happen and then it would be JS with the same balcony that I would of had with the D1 (9256) But this is the first time for both things to ever happen with a booking of mine in 22 cruises.

Hopefully he agrees! I have to think there has to be a better way! I would have been happy with a 2017 offer myself but they wouldn't hear it.. i was looking forward to a change from the regular trick o treat stuff. .