Suggestions for 25th wedding anniversary cruise

cachouonacruise

Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions for a cruise to highlight our 25th wedding anniversary, in May 2017. My wife and I are in our mid 50s. Our cruise experience so far: Honeymoon on Royal Carribbean Sovereign of the Seas, 2010 cruise with our three teens on Enchantment of the Seas. Both cruises in the Carribbeans. Then, a 2014 cruise on Holland America's Rotterdam in Norway, followed by a 2015 Canada New England cruise on the Maasdam. in the Carribbean we loved the fun excursions; however did not enjoy as much, the city tours. In Norway, we loved every port of call and toured mostly on our own. We also loved both the excursion or the walks in town of the Canada, New England. Days at sea on Royal Carribean were days that I looked for; unfortunately, not so much on Holland America,where the days in port were preferred. Staff, food and cabin met or exceeded or expectations on all cruises. For 2017, thinking about a 10-14 day cruise : Mediterrannean, Alaskan or Hawaian. At this point, I am hesitant about the next trip. I am tempted to try something new. Would welcome suggestions.

Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions for a cruise to highlight our 25th wedding anniversary, in May 2017. My wife and I are in our mid 50s. Our cruise experience so far: Honeymoon on Royal Carribbean Sovereign of the Seas, 2010 cruise with our three teens on Enchantment of the Seas. Both cruises in the Carribbeans. Then, a 2014 cruise on Holland America's Rotterdam in Norway, followed by a 2015 Canada New England cruise on the Maasdam. in the Carribbean we loved the fun excursions; however did not enjoy as much, the city tours. In Norway, we loved every port of call and toured mostly on our own. We also loved both the excursion or the walks in town of the Canada, New England. Days at sea on Royal Carribean were days that I looked for; unfortunately, not so much on Holland America,where the days in port were preferred. Staff, food and cabin met or exceeded or expectations on all cruises. For 2017, thinking about a 10-14 day cruise : Mediterrannean, Alaskan or Hawaian. At this point, I am hesitant about the next trip. I am tempted to try something new. Would welcome suggestions.

Sounds like you are ready for Oceania (a 10 day Med).

I am not sure your budget but maybe a suite on Celebrity but if not I still would look at Celebrity.

Maybe a cruise of the Mediterranean or even one of Alaska.

Congratulations on your upcoming 25th wedding anniversary.

Keith

I think a Mediterranean cruise would be a wonderful way to spend your anniversary OR a cruise to Tahiti. One or the other. If you do Tahiti, you could add a land extension and stay in one of those over water bungalows, which would be incredibly cool!

For Tahiti, take a look at Paul Gaugin cruises:

http://pgcruises.com

Specifically, look at this special:

http://pgcruises.com/tahiti-special-hotel-and-cruise-package-0

They also include airfare.

Hawaii is actually best seen staying on the islands with island hopper flights in between - 2 - 3 nights Oahu, 2 - 3 nights Maui, 2 - 3 Kauai, etc. A cruise is nice from the standpoint that you can see lava flows at night from the ocean, but really, staying on the islands is the better option because a lot of the best things to do are after dark or in the very wee early hours of the morning - before sunrise to get into position to see them and you can't get off the ship early enough to do them. Also the cruises to Hawaii are pretty limited. They are OK, but not all that great compared to what you can do on land in Hawaii.

I would ask where you and your spouse want to go. What is the one place yo are dying to see?

My wife and I were only married 3 years when we spent several days in Bora Bora. My wife felt it was the most beautiful spot on earth. She made me promise to bring her back for our 20th anniversary. I did. We took a 12 night cruise on the Tahitian Princess from Papeete to Honolulu.

Congrats on your anniversary! My husband and I have our 25th in January and are celebrating by doing NCL's 12 Day Grand Mediterranean. We've sailed almost all the major lines and feel that there are more similarities than differences among the mass market lines and are using this ship as more of a floating hotel.

We've cruised to Alaska on HAL (amazing trip!) and did a land trip to Hawaii (would go back in a heartbeat and would actually love to do the NCL island hopper cruise) but they were both with kids and really different.

I think you guys need to decide where you want to go first.