do you think my cabin steward invaded my privacy?

loveandcruises

I'm still stuck on the fact he likely had no idea if the sunglasses he chose to 'play with' could have cost $500 or more yet he (or she) opted to remove them from their case and put them on a toy. You may not have cared if those glasses were broken or if the fit of them was out of sync after steward put them on his towel but I would have cared.

I love the photos above of all the towel animal on the pool lounges. What great photos. :)

Which ship(s) was it?

Folks, it isn't because the steward used the sunglasses. The steward opened a closed glasses' case in order to use them. There is the invasion of privacy. As another poster responded "when is it okay to open your things"?

Agreed, Jane. OP asked a question and has gotten some interesting replies, including telling him to chill out and not get so upset.

The cabin steward should never, ever be going through passengers' things. EVER.

Folks, it isn't because the steward used the sunglasses. The steward opened a closed glasses' case in order to use them. There is the invasion of privacy. As another poster responded "when is it okay to open your things"?

And that is where the invasion comes in.

When they open your case/bag whatever, to me a total no no. Anything could have Ben in the glasses case.

I'm still stuck on the fact he likely had no idea if the sunglasses he chose to 'play with' could have cost $500 or more yet he (or she) opted to remove them from their case and put them on a toy. You may not have cared if those glasses were broken or if the fit of them was out of sync after steward put them on his towel but I would have cared.

I love the photos above of all the towel animal on the pool lounges. What great photos. :)

Which ship(s) was it?

Yep my current sunnies cost over a grand, they have multi focal lenses and a titanium frame, wouldn't be happy if Stewart or anyone else started playing with them.

He may or may bot have gone through each case to get to the correct glasses.

This is the key point to the OP's question in #1. The steward opened the case(s) to choose a pair of glasses. If this is not a "no, no", it should be. Just my opinion. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Every time I come to this message board I am amazed at the things people get their knickers in a twist over. :rolleyes:

the towel monkeys dont get their knickers in a twist though [emoji12]

Can you imagine the furore if a cruise line introduced Happy Hours ! [emoji32]. surely this would mean CC members would be entitled to cancel ??