10:22 AM flight in Ft Lauderdale

alprice

We had purchased a 10:15am flight and when I went to do online check-in it would not accept it~~said it was too early. So before thinking it through, I called SWA and they changed it with my early bird passes.

Now that time has passed, I'm wondering if I should have just put no flight info and stayed with my 10:15am. :confused:

Don't worry about RCI's check-in software. I have had instances when it won't accept my flight because I am arriving in Ft. Lauderdale too early (like maybe I should ask the pilot to take the long route?) or leaving too early. I don't bother to put flight info in any longer. Since I am actually arriving and leaving the port by car (cab) that is what I put in to complete the check-in info.

I would have no problem booking a 10:15 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. I've booked earlier than that plenty of times.

Edited by Ocean Boy

For those still curious on this topic:

Just got Off Oasis -

6:15 in line for express c checkout (hundreds ahead of us already)

6:35 off the boat

6:50 through customs and at taxi stand

7:10 checking bags

7:12 checking bags complete

7:20 through security (pre-check) and sitting at our gate for our 10:45 flight.... I should have booked an earlier one

A very useful post, thanks.:)

Hi all

We have a 10:22AM direct flight that we could take home from the Oasis. I know we can get off early but is this doable??

Thanks!!

Yes, but you better have a back up plan, because any delay and you will not make it.

Should you be able to make it off of Oasis/Allure? Yes. 95% of the time you will probably be ok. However if you are delayed because of winds, medical emergencies, storm reroutes, or customs computer glitches (which have all happened to me at least once) then it gets very interesting very fast.

We have disembarked in FLL several times. We do the walk off with our own luggage- We print our boarding passes the night before in the internet café grab a cab and we have always been checked in and having coffee and breakfast at the airport by 8:15 am. Of course anything could go wrong- I guess that's part of traveling- We have done this with Princess and Royal Caribbean.

Edited by CFD130

We sat at FLL once until 4:00pm should be late enough right? We went to Detroit and then our flight to Maine was diverted. We ended up sleeping on the floor at Hartford then a long bus ride home the next day. If we had taken and EARLIER flight we would have arrived home no problem

Edited by CFD130

Should you be able to make it off of Oasis/Allure? Yes. 95% of the time you will probably be ok. However if you are delayed because of winds, medical emergencies, storm reroutes, or customs computer glitches (which have all happened to me at least once) then it gets very interesting very fast.

... and just to test my point, I booked a 9:45 flight this morning after an Oasis cruise. I guess I'll be able to update that old previous thread. :)

Something about quoting myself made my inner-academic happy. ;)

Yes, but you better have a back up plan, because any delay and you will not make it.

I think this is a little harsh. A 10:22 departure would be at the early end of my comfort window and you can still accommodate some unexpected issues. However, it does depend a lot on the airline, terminal and time of year. FLL is much more crowded during the winter and you can encounter longer security delays during the winter. It also depends a lot on the airline. The Delta terminal can have waits but it usually moves fairly smoothly. By contrast I have seen some horrendous delays at the Southwest terminal with the security lines extending into the overpass leading to the parking garage. At least with Delta if you are a Elite Frequent Flier or a First Class passenger you can skip the long security delays. Just be ready to go when the Allure opens the lines at about 6:15 - 6:30 and you will likely be fine.

We sat at FLL once until 4:00pm should be late enough right? We went to Detroit and then our flight to Maine was diverted. We ended up sleeping on the floor at Hartford then a long bus ride home the next day. If we had taken and EARLIER flight we would have arrived home no problem

That is just luck of the draw. If I had picked slightly different numbers I would have run several lotteries.

I think this is a little harsh. A 10:22 departure would be at the early end of my comfort window and you can still accommodate some unexpected issues.

I have a back up plan even when I choose flights that leave in the late afternoon or early evening.