Purchasing Internet Package Via Website

Swath

Once you pruchase an Internet package via Royal's website, what steps do you take on board ship for your package to recognised?

I've never done it, so I'm just guessing here. When you don't have a pre-purchased package, you connect to the wireless and go to any webpage. You are directed to the login page. You enter your name, folio number, and birth year and month. You are then presented with options, which include credits appropriate to your C&A level. I'm assuming if you have a pre-purchased package, it will also show up on this page, and you will be directed to create a username and password.

Edited by clarea

Once you pruchase an Internet package via Royal's website, what steps do you take on board ship for your package to recognised?

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it if you haven't already. On our most recent cruise, there was an "Early Bird" special onboard that was a better deal than we could have got online. In our case, we were also D, so I don't think you can use the C&A discounts online.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it if you haven't already. On our most recent cruise, there was an "Early Bird" special onboard that was a better deal than we could have got online. In our case, we were also D, so I don't think you can use the C&A discounts online.

You are correct, they don't currently have the ability to give C&A discounts for the pre-purchased internet.

You are correct, they don't currently have the ability to give C&A discounts for the pre-purchased internet.

Thanks, Bob!

I was actually surprised they were offering a "deal" on Brilliance onboard. The basic price was $20/day, but they had a promotion for $199 for a 12 day cruise, minus the D coupon. Which put internet into NYC hotel range...

I agree.

My last many cruises I have got the first day special. Then the D+ discount.

Much better deal.

Some people like to buy it on line so that it's paid and then it's one less thing to pay for. But, ring up and buy OBC. You have still spent the money but can take advantage of the better price.

Raina

• 2 weeks later...

When I went aboard Indy 6-12/September/2015

There a letter in Stateroom, the letter had an access code

For Login to the Ship's Wi-Fi

I am new to RCCL and the board. I have always followed the Celebrity forum and lately Carnival. So, I apologize if I am asking a common question.

DH and I are going on his "work cruise" on Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa in Jan 2016. I did a search for RCCL internet prices and the info on the RCCL website sometimes contradicts itself (of course Celebrity has the same issues). Seems the RCCL blog was more up to date that the FAQs.

Is the price $22 per day for two devices on Brilliance? It appears Brilliance does not have the upgraded internet, so how bad is it? And, yes I will wait until we get onboard to see if there is a deal.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I am new to RCCL and the board. I have always followed the Celebrity forum and lately Carnival. So, I apologize if I am asking a common question.

DH and I are going on his "work cruise" on Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa in Jan 2016. I did a search for RCCL internet prices and the info on the RCCL website sometimes contradicts itself (of course Celebrity has the same issues). Seems the RCCL blog was more up to date that the FAQs.

Is the price $22 per day for two devices on Brilliance? It appears Brilliance does not have the upgraded internet, so how bad is it? And, yes I will wait until we get onboard to see if there is a deal.

Last I read, the price was higher than $22 per day for two devices, on ships like Brilliance that did not yet have the Voom internet. You should be able to see the prices in your Cruise Planner.

On our 12 day this summer, it was approximately $20/day for a single device. "Early bird special" was $199 for one device with a 50% discount on the second device, so $300 for two devices (again, for 12 days). That would be about $25/day for two devices. Unless you need both devices online simultaneously, it's easy enough to hit logoff.com and change devices.

Absolutely no need to pre-purchase....and don't...always deals even as the cruise comes to an end for checking in for your flights and printing your boarding pass.

I agree. Last year on the Adventure we used one D+ coupon for 2 free days. Then used the other one for another 2 days. Then, the last 2 days of the cruise they offered a special rate. I think for the whole 7 day cruise we paid $20 for internet.

On our 12 day this summer, it was approximately $20/day for a single device. "Early bird special" was $199 for one device with a 50% discount on the second device, so $300 for two devices (again, for 12 days). That would be about $25/day for two devices. Unless you need both devices online simultaneously, it's easy enough to hit logoff.com and change devices.

Plus your C&A discount if you buy on board.

Makes the package very affordable.

Raina

When sailing from a European port with a VAT, which as I understand it, will be charged to an Internet purchase at a rate of about 21 percent, does it make sense to prepurchase the package and avoid the VAT, or wait and get the on board discount and pay the tax?

Thanks!

When sailing from a European port with a VAT, which as I understand it, will be charged to an Internet purchase at a rate of about 21 percent, does it make sense to prepurchase the package and avoid the VAT, or wait and get the on board discount and pay the tax?

Thanks!

My experience above was on a UK departure. I don't know that it actually matters...

• 2 months later...
I'm on Indepndence now. Price is $25/day for two devices. Still waiting to see what the cost is for one. Last cruise I think I paid $60 for one device for seven days so if like something comparable for this one.

Is that $25 per day price based on buying for the entire cruise, or is that just one 24 hour period?

Is that $25 per day price based on buying for the entire cruise, or is that just one 24 hour period?

This is what the compass says:

"BEST VALUE" Unlimited internet for only $25 per day plus 50% off your second device! Email friends and familt, check stocks, surf the web, upload photos of your fabulous cruise and more! Choose the 'Royal-wifi' connection. "Super Cruise Special - 2 Device' to get connected.

----

We haven't left port yet so I haven't tried it, but sounds like it's actually more than just 25/d, but you can get it for one day at a time instead of a week long package.

This is what the compass says:

"BEST VALUE" Unlimited internet for only $25 per day plus 50% off your second device! Email friends and familt, check stocks, surf the web, upload photos of your fabulous cruise and more! Choose the 'Royal-wifi' connection. "Super Cruise Special - 2 Device' to get connected.

----

We haven't left port yet so I haven't tried it, but sounds like it's actually more than just 25/d, but you can get it for one day at a time instead of a week long package.

Thanks for the info. I think that's a price increase from the $20 per day it used to be.

I prepurchased a while back knowing I've be foregoing the C&A discount on board. They gave me a printed card at check-in with an access code on it, so I didn't even have to wait until the cabin was ready to use it.

Finally got to see the whole internet packages. The prices are pretty outrageous. Keep in mind it's a 4-day cruise. $150 for two devices or $100 for one device or $40 for one day. Not including C&A benefits. Will share pics when I get back. But you can only get the two device discount if you pay for the full week plan which brings the price down to $18.75 per day per device or $150 as noted.

Thanks for the info. I think that's a price increase from the $20 per day it used to be.

That is correct. Just off Indy 2 weeks ago. Price was $20/day for one device in cruise planner. Was surprised and disappointed to see price was $25/day for one device once we boarded. Was waiting till we got on board to book using C&A discount. Only platinum, so cost me more by waiting.

Has anyone had any success purchasing in cruise planner and getting the C&A discount applied as a credit once onboard?

Sailing Oasis next month and don't want another surprise increase.

That is correct. Just off Indy 2 weeks ago. Price was $20/day for one device in cruise planner. Was surprised and disappointed to see price was $25/day for one device once we boarded. Was waiting till we got on board to book using C&A discount. Only platinum, so cost me more by waiting.

Has anyone had any success purchasing in cruise planner and getting the C&A discount applied as a credit once onboard?

Sailing Oasis next month and don't want another surprise increase.

if you don't mind me asking, what is the price for the oasis if you tried to book it through the cruise planner now? we aren't sailing until November however i'd like to get an idea of what the cost is.

tia.