Celebrity Silhouette

GOLDENBONNY

Please give me some info about this ship. Is it sister ship to Equinox ?

How is entertainment and shows? Our main problem with Equinox was luck of entertainment and high school level shows with very bad singers :rolleyes:

Do they use sea water in pools? On Equinox they used chlorine water :eek: that was other problem for us .

How is entertainment and shows? Our main problem with Equinox was luck of entertainment and high school level shows with very bad singers :rolleyes:

Do they use sea water in pools? On Equinox they used chlorine water :eek: that was other problem for us .

It's pretty much the same as the other S-Class ships, except it does not have the hot glass show. Instead it has 2 additional specialty restaurants in its place -- the Porch and the Lawn Club Grill. No salt water in the pools.

You have to go on the Constellation or similar M class if you want a salt pool. As Wine-O says, S class ships do not have salt pools.

Shows differ on every ship according to who is booked for those destinations, and, of course, individual passenger tastes do differ!

Edited by Solon

I've read some of your past posts about Equinox and wonder why you'd even think about booking a cruise on Silhouette. The pools on SIL are the same design as Equinox and the entertainment is quite similar. The activities around the pool will also be similar. Every cruise line has an appeal to a different demographic and there are lots of choices. I work hard for my money (at least prior to retirement) and sure that you do the same. Why spend money on something that all indications are that you might not enjoy? I'm a Celebrity fan and Silhouette is my favorite S Class ship, but I just don't think it will work for you.

I've read some of your past posts about Equinox and wonder why you'd even think about booking a cruise on Silhouette. The pools on SIL are the same design as Equinox and the entertainment is quite similar. The activities around the pool will also be similar. Every cruise line has an appeal to a different demographic and there are lots of choices. I work hard for my money (at least prior to retirement) and sure that you do the same. Why spend money on something that all indications are that you might not enjoy? I'm a Celebrity fan and Silhouette is my favorite S Class ship, but I just don't think it will work for you.

I kind of hoped that entertainment on Equinox was just our bad luck and other ships are better. :rolleyes: I am not a fan of any cruise line as long as they give a good deal and good ports.

I kind of hoped that entertainment on Equinox was just our bad luck and other ships are better. :rolleyes: I am not a fan of any cruise line as long as they give a good deal and good ports.

The good news is that Celebrity decided to produce it's own shows and currently a number are in rehearsal in Miami. Perhaps they will be on your ship when you cruise and will be an improvement for you.

My girlfriend had been on 9 Celebrity Cruises prior to sailing on NCL with me 4 times. She grades the entertainment on NCL a 10 vs a 4 on Celebrity. The food on Celebrity was however much better. We are sailing on the SIL next June to the Baltic capitols because of the itinerary not the shows. I don't expect it to be warm enough to use the pool on sea days so the type of water is not important. Guess it depends on where you are cruising.

We love the Silhouette and Reflection. The addition of the Lawn Grill and the porch were an excellent addition. The ship is newer. Overall very similar to the other S class ships. The entertainment on all of the Celebrity ships varies- sometimes excellent- sometimes not so- but if you look at the whole package our favorite cruise line.

Ironicially, IMO the cruise company which is our least favorite NCL had fantastic entertainment and the restaurants were very good! We were on the Breakaway this summer in the Haven and it was wonderful. However, if you are not in the Haven, the crowds are horrible! On Royal, (except the Quantum) the entertainment is also excellent-

So if that is the most important item on a cruise ship, perhaps celebrity isn't for you.

Overall IMO the best cruiseline overall!

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't expect it to be warm enough to use the pool on sea days so the type of water is not important. Guess it depends on where you are cruising.

Several years ago we were on Constellation's Baltic cruise in early September. The pools, surprisingly, were heated. It was great. Don't know if that continues on other ships though.

Bill

We sailed on the Silhouette to the Baltic this past May into June. Not only was it too cold to use the pools, it was too cold to even walk on the decks for most of the cruise. There were some days when the temp hit 80 during the day but went right back down in the evenings. And the wind, oh my. Did not even think we would want to eat at the Lawn Club!

Royal Caribbean productions has their own state of the art rehersal space in Miami that opened in the last couple of years. If I remember they are currently putting together 18 brand new shows for Celebrity ships that will be rolling out in the next year or so - they are expected to be on the calibre level of those on RCCL, or better

This is our first cruise. I'm curious about the attire for formal nights. Is a cocktail dress acceptable or does it have to be a evening gown?

Cocktail dress is perfectly acceptable! Also men typically wear suits or Tux's. Some might wear a sports jacket and tie.

The evenings are very festive and IMO fun to dress up for this special occasion- you might also see people who prefer not to dress at all and dine at the buffet.

I too would like to know if it's a sister ship to the Equinox[/quote

First cousin. While many similarities both the silhouette and her sister reflection each have a restaurant called the lawn grill and another sandwich and salad restaurant called the porch instead of the corning glass show. The reflection also has some additional suites.