Urgent- Can I make an 11:05 flight from Ft. Lauderdale from cruise?

bellalisa

My sister booked this flight and has 2 hours to change it. I told her I would check with you experts here to see if she needs to change it.

I remember something about carrying your own suitcases out to save time. I remember a bunch of people with early flights getting out very early and making it. I do think she may be cutting it close.

We will be getting off the Silhouette on a Sunday.

THANKS!!

This should be no problem at all. FLL is practically next door to the cruise port. A taxi would take only a few minutes from the ship to the departure area at the airport. The cruise line will allow you to walk off early and you can get a taxi, or alternatively, arrange with Celebrity for a transfer to the airport.

You should make it via taxi. It is unlikely Celebrity will have transportation to the port for that early of a flight, especially if their recommended earliest flight time is noon.

And if they do you have to wait until the bus is full

Edited by dkjretired

I should have made mine earlier too, I was worried now I have to sit around until 2 oclock!

Celebrity will probably offer a tour like the Everglades or the beach with drop off at the airport. It's sometimes listed as an excursion but many times you can't find out about it until your on board.

Cynthia

Celebrity will probably offer a tour like the Everglades or the beach with drop off at the airport. It's sometimes listed as an excursion but many times you can't find out about it until your on board.

Cynthia

The post cruise excursions are generally limited to those that have flights at 3 or later. They usually drop cruisers at the airport around one.

With a 2:00 flight, just take your time on the ship and leave at last call around9:30 and take a good book to the airport. It's not that bad. Or you can consider getting off the ship early and having breakfast/brunch along the beach and then heading to the airport.

Easily.

1. Self-disembark. Get down to the appointed place about 45-60 minutes ahead so you are indeed one of the first off. Your suitcases will be your place in line. Many people will come down to line up about the time they're told and find they're 100th in line.

2. Arrange for no shuttles or vans. Take only a taxi with yourself. No problem getting one. If you wait for a shuttle they have to load everyone and their luggage and stop and partially unload at every airline. No thanks!

3. Likely you'll be there 3 hours ahead!!

I wouldn't even self disembark. I would request being in the first few disembarking groups, #1-5. You should make an 11AM flight with no trouble.

I totally agree, I have even made a 10:30am flight.

My sister booked this flight and has 2 hours to change it. I told her I would check with you experts here to see if she needs to change it.

I remember something about carrying your own suitcases out to save time. I remember a bunch of people with early flights getting out very early and making it. I do think she may be cutting it close.

We will be getting off the Silhouette on a Sunday.

THANKS!!

Why don't you try Celebrities "Luggage Valet" service? We do it. Your suit cases are picked up outside your room & you next see them at your destination. Just remember to keep all your needed papers in your carry on.