Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

So you think wrong information is better than nothing?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You clearly missed the point. Carnival should be clearly communicating everything to all the passengers and it seems not, as usual, to be happening.

The fact that exclusions are free or not is really not important to anyone here.

If that's how you feel about cruising, what are you doing here? (Not meaning to be rude... Just sounds like cruising isn't your cup of tea.)

No, that's how I feel about a broken ship. Personally I prefer sea days over port days. Over 30 cruises and I've yet to experience this <typing while knocking wood>

No, that's how I feel about a broken ship. Personally I prefer sea days over port days. Over 30 cruises and I've yet to experience this <typing while knocking wood>

That makes sense. I misunderstood your comment.

I also like sea days better than many port days. And if I were on a cruise, I'd be disappointed by problems like this. But I'd also try and make the best of it and have some fun. I'd happily trade a beach day in St. Thomas for one at home. We've got nice beaches here, but not as nice as USVI!

Hi Paulydm,

Thank you so much for your continued updates! If possible, can you try to give us updates from time to time throughout your sailing?

When I open this thread, I look for YOUR REPLIES ONLY.

You know how posts can get on here. I am sure many others are doing the same.

Thanks again for all of the updates you're providing.

:)

I will try to update as much as possible. All will depend on the upcoming announcement.

Thanks for pretty much confirming. Number 3 is probably the most likely reason for the trucks.

Could they be pumping off waste water? I don't know why the OP called them fuel trucks (maybe they have "fuel" in big red letters on the side of the tanks or maybe he just saw tanker trucks). I thought they could not dump waste water and other wastes until they were a few miles offshore? That stuffs got to accumulate somewhere. Also may explain why they are transferring laundry, trying to conserve space in the onboard collection tanks.

I have to assume that if Carnival is going to announce some changes other than continuing these passengers trip - it must make the arrangements BEFORE they announce what's going to happen in order to avoid chaos and confusion. (and arrangements take time)

Experience tell me that CCL will get less flack if they announce later than their deadline but do so with the facts that the passengers (and future passengers) need to know.:rolleyes:

Edited by summersigh

Here is the update...we will return to San Juan once clearance is granted. Guests are welcome to stay on the ship in San Juan until Sunday. All guests will receive a full refund of the cruise, all pre paid shore excursions and gratuities will also be refunded. Guests will also receive 50% off a future 2 to 7 day cruise. If we do not receive clearance from the coast guard by 9:00 pm, Carnival will arrange travel from St Thomas to our homes.

Here is the update...we will return to San Juan once clearance is granted. Guests are welcome to stay on the ship in San Juan until Sunday. All guests will receive a full refund of the cruise, all pre paid shore excursions and gratuities will also be refunded. Guests will also receive 50% off a future 2 to 7 day cruise. If we do not receive clearance from the coast guard by 9:00 pm, Carnival will arrange travel from St Thomas to our homes.

So I can stay on the boat for 7 days? Full Refund? $150 Credit? 50% off future cruise....now that is a darn good deal....and yet - someone will still complain.

Sweet....sounds like a good deal to me...:D

Thanks, Pauley! Hope all goes well and you can return back to SJ and stay onboard until Sunday! :)

pauleydm, thank you so much for all your updates and answers.

I sail on Liberty on October 11, so have been glued to your posts all day, hoping and praying for you and the other passengers onboard that your cruise will continue. I'm so sorry that it won't. I hope you can book another cruise soon using your credit and 50% off.

If you could please update us with any news on future cruises for those waiting when u know more, if any, that would be awesome of you.

Again, thank you so much for posting and keeping us updated. You have been so very helpful and if I was there, I'd buy you a beer.

Take care

Heck - being bussed to a hotel and being uncomfortable for an afternoon - that sounds like a typical Time Share presentation....but these folks got a lot better reward lol

Sorry to hear that the cruise is cancelled. At least Carnival is being reasonable with compensation. Do you happen to know what will happen to the folks that were supposed to embark/debark in Barbados?

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Wow. Jackpot. I know some people will understandably be upset for missing out on ports but personally I'd take this deal in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the updates

So sorry to hear that you & your fellow passengers will have your cruise cut short.

As others have stated, I, too, am thankful for your continued updates on this situation as it happened and unfolds.

Much obliged for your time and consideration.

So sorry that this is the way your cruise will end. Thank you for your excellent reports and keeping us all informed. You've done an amazing job.

I would take that deal eagerly. Puerto Rico is beautiful and I'm sure I could find enough to entertain me for 4 days. I could book another cruise at 50% off with my refund. Win Win as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure other people will be upset because of their vacation time etc. Lets just try to roll with the flow. The past can't be changed.

WOW ! I hope you will let us know if you hear anything else ! I am sorry your vacation is cut short. Thanks for the great reporting !

Thank you for this update.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY STATEMENT

September 8, 2015 – 5pm EDT

The Carnival Liberty continues to remain in St. Thomas following an engine fire that occurred yesterday while the ship was docked there during a scheduled port of call visit. The ship’s command is presently awaiting permission from authorities to sail.

Once the vessel departs, it is scheduled to return to its homeport of San Juan. Guests will have the option of remaining on board through the rest of the week and exploring San Juan or disembarking and traveling home. If clearance to depart St. Thomas is not received by later this evening, the company will move forward with arrangements to fly all guests home from St. Thomas.

All guests are being provided with a full refund of their cruise as well as a 50 percent discount on a future cruise. This is in addition to a $150 per person credit that has already been applied to guests’ shipboard accounts.

There were no injuries to guests or crew as a result of the fire which was extinguished by the ship’s automated suppression system. All hotel services including air conditioning, elevators, toilets, galleys, etc. are fully functional and the ship's normal array of activities, entertainment, dining options and programming are being offered.

We apologize to our guests for this unexpected disruption to their vacation and the inconvenience they are experiencing.

Carnival Liberty departed San Juan on Sunday for a seven-day Caribbean cruise with 3,346 guests and 1,150 crew on board.

I'm sorry you didn't get to visit the ports that you probably booked the cruise for, but that sounds like a sweet deal to me. :)

Any idea how many will stay on the ship in San Juan? Are you staying? I wonder what the atmosphere on a ship is like when it stays in a port for a longer period than one or two days.