Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

I have spent so much time reading this thread all week. Thanks to Pauley for the great updates.

I agree with some of the other posters. Getting to be on the ship with only 1500 passengers for three days is a wonderful "bonus". No lines, the ability to get seats anywhere without much hassle.

Pauley, if you get a chance this weekend, tell us a little about life on the ship with only 1500 passengers. Thanks again for your diligence.

Yes, I'm also curious

Since the ship is half full did they just switch to open dining or is each dining room just sparsely filled

Are room stewards tag teaming since some probably have way more than others.

Did they fly in any talent for the remainder of the cruise or did the talent just remain onboard

pauleydm

You're more famous than you thought you were... A couple of people have posted about you and the wonderful job you have done on John Heald's page.

He would like your real name and cabin #... You can post to him on his page or here if you feel comfortable but please do let him know who you are... YOU DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED...

pauleydm

You're more famous than you thought you were... A couple of people have posted about you and the wonderful job you have done on John Heald's page.

He would like your real name and cabin #... You can post to him on his page or here if you feel comfortable but please do let him know who you are... YOU DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED...

Agreed! Glad he is going to do something (whatever that something is) for you.

That is very nice of you. I am in cabin 1207...lol

Found this and forwarded it to John... Continue to enjoy your vacation...

Hi Elaine,

I see Mr John Heald responded to you with a, 'cheers'.

Well done Elaine!!! Way to go!!

It's official, Mr Heald now knows Pauley's stateroom number.

Maybe Pauleydm will receive a complementary dinner in the steakhouse tonight. Or at the very least, a champagne toast with the captain on the bridge.

Hopefully Pauley will give us an update about this!!! Can't wait to hear.

:)

Edited by ObstructedView2

OK, I am probably going to be banned for asking this.

Or at least people will make fun of me.

Did the gym stay open? That would rock, I could use every machine any time I wanted and every free weight I could handle. And I would have my own personal sauna.

Did the spin classes or other exercise classes happen or were they cancelled? That would be fun, too. For $12, I would have my own personal trainer.

I could drink up that $150 in one night easy. But I have to lose weight.

Hi all!

Great job pauleydm, you deserved to be rewarded.:D

shof515 ~ thanks for that link, very funny plus now I have something else about cruising to read.;)

Kerri ~ loving your attitude, girl. It may not be the cruise you booked but you're making the best of it. Glad you're heading back to San Juan & your original departure plans.

I just started cruising Carnival after 22 other cruises & love it. The bad rep kept me away but I have found it to be a really fun line even though I don't drink or hang around the pool. I can hardly wait to sail CCL again!

~ Jo ~ :)

I wonder how a thread about this fire would have gone without Pauley. :eek: How lucky he was on this cruise, used to work on one so he had ideas of where to get information without sheer speculation, was willing to keep us informed on his time and his dollar for air time.

Well said Boss !!

Our thanks too to Pauley ... as I'm sure the other 260,000 "hitters" on this thread do as well. We appreciated the actual news as opposed to rumor and speculation that surely would have flourished without our "Pauley Updates".:rolleyes:

CCL seems to be doing a really good job making lemonade out of lemons for this cruise's passengers. I think I could have had a good time with the days in St Thomas and San Juan knowing that I had a full refund and 50% off when I rebooked to hit the ports missed this time.:)

I have worked for two cruise lines as a production singer/dancer.

I have not been on a cruise in a long time, but I wanted to go on one next year.

I am a cheapskate, so I wanted to go on a cruise I could drive to. Which means Carnival out of Long Beach.

So to me, it's interesting to see that a guy who worked on a cruise line and who is a reasonable drive to several cruise ports chose Carnival.

So even if I have to take turns in the gym with the weights, I now feel better about Carnival.

CCL seems to be doing a really good job making lemonade out of lemons for this cruise's passengers............

That's what Carnival does. It's ingrained into the DNA from its very first cruise.

Edited by SadieN