Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I thought the pricing was fine if you stay away from the unique and holiday cruises. Don't count me in on your little mutiny. ;)

I don't know what you mean when you say "stay away from the unique .... cruises", but people sail when they can. If holiday time (like us) is when it can be done, then so be it. I expect to pay a little more....but when you have a history of sailing on the SAME weeks each year, let's remember it was a holiday week in the previous years, and the rates are disproportionately high for the new bookings....that isn't good.

I know we will keep looking for what we want and find a good price....that good price just hasn't come out with the new bookings.

I don't know what you mean when you say "stay away from the unique .... cruises", but people sail when they can. If holiday time (like us) is when it can be done, then so be it. I expect to pay a little more....but when you have a history of sailing on the SAME weeks each year, let's remember it was a holiday week in the previous years, and the rates are disproportionately high for the new bookings....that isn't good.

I know we will keep looking for what we want and find a good price....that good price just hasn't come out with the new bookings.

The only cruise I found in February 2018 that I felt was reasonably priced was the 9 day Navigator cruises out of Miami.

I also booked Rhapsody out of Tampa for a B2B. The price was 30% higher than I usually pay......but I got the cabin I wanted. I have almost 2 years to see if the price comes down and decide between the two.

I thought the pricing was fine if you stay away from the unique and holiday cruises. Don't count me in on your little mutiny. ;)

I think you are in the minority in your thinking on this one.

The only cruise I found in February 2018 that I felt was reasonably priced was the 9 day Navigator cruises out of Miami.

I also booked Rhapsody out of Tampa for a B2B. The price was 30% higher than I usually pay......but I got the cabin I wanted. I have almost 2 years to see if the price comes down and decide between the two.

The Navigator was the only one I could see that I thought was reasonable as well.

Edited by molly361

The 9 nighters on Navigator are very reasonable in my opinion.

We are booked on Harmony for President's Week 2017, so we were looking for Presidents Week 2018. The Navigator price was almost $800 higher. yes it is 9 days, not 7, but it is an older ship (have loved Nav when we have sailed on her in the past) and felt it was overpriced. To give Royal $500 of my money to hold to look for better pricing on it, just wasn't what we wanted to do. I have become less attached to 'cabin that I like' on these ships. On Majesty I have been much more particular. On Harmony we got an outstanding cabin, next to last one before the Aft cabins, for a terrific price.

I am sure we will find a price that is more acceptable than what they showed with this release.

What can I say, Holidays are expensive and rightfully so. There are only a few of them and you need to make hay while the sun shines.

Unique cruises are the Snowbird Migrations, Pacific Coastal, etc..

Trips that are rarely done, but have a lot of appeal and don't involve international travel.

Prices are higher when there is a lot of pent up demand. I try and avoid those times and book in advance. if the price comes down, I'll try and take advantage. if the price stays the same, I'm ok and will have a good time anyway. I typically don't have travel, lodging, or parking expense, so I am ahead of many folks budgets to start with. However that was by design, and living in a virtual paradise aint bad either. :D

We are booked on Harmony for President's Week 2017, so we were looking for Presidents Week 2018. The Navigator price was almost $800 higher. yes it is 9 days, not 7, but it is an older ship (have loved Nav when we have sailed on her in the past) and felt it was overpriced. To give Royal $500 of my money to hold to look for better pricing on it, just wasn't what we wanted to do. I have become less attached to 'cabin that I like' on these ships. On Majesty I have been much more particular. On Harmony we got an outstanding cabin, next to last one before the Aft cabins, for a terrific price.

I am sure we will find a price that is more acceptable than what they showed with this release.

The Navigator price is up over $200 since we booked first day of release..

Don't like Royal holding my $1000 (B2B) either. But there are only 2 D1 wraparound aft balconies on Rhapsody our preferred cabin. To get one of those you gotta book them early. I'll just have to see how it progresses over the next 22 months.

Don't like Royal holding my $1000 (B2B) either. But there are only 2 D1 wraparound aft balconies on Rhapsody our preferred cabin. To get one of those you gotta book them early. I'll just have to see how it progresses over the next 22 months.

We have booked plenty of cruises to know that prices go up and down....and if we can catch a better price we will....and it not it may be a different option....there is Freedom for that week with an 8 day itinerary, that was a little bit more reasonable, but we would like the 9th day.

Time will tell. I don't jump, just because.....we have learned to be patient.

Clearly for the 'ideal cabin you were looking for' the deposit holding was less of an issue.

Hopefully if enough of people pass on these prices it will have an effect.

That's what I'm hoping. Wanted a Grand Suite on Anthem, but no way I can justify 6200 for it. We are going with friends so I did want to book something so I booked a Spa Jr. Suite and hoping prices fall even for that, but at least I'm ok if they don't.

Edited by tyry

Erik, if you are referring to the May 5, 2017, Hawaii cruise, she is on it. :)

Haha - not a thing sneaks by you, even at O Dark Thirty and with keeping track of 22 future cruises!!! Don't they say champagne sharpens your brain?

She is????? Clearly my head is on cruise mode right now :eek::eek::eek:

Haha - not a thing sneaks by you, even at O Dark Thirty and with keeping track of 22 future cruises!!! Don't they say champagne sharpens your brain?

That's what they say. I haven't fully tested the theory, especially at that time of the day, lol! But now I have a good justification for imbibing on our cruise next week. Testing the theory.:rolleyes:;)

And I need to update my signature -- we've been cruising more than booking, so we are down in our future cruise count. Oh, the horror! :D

That's what they say. I haven't fully tested the theory, especially at that time of the day, lol! But now I have a good justification for imbibing on our cruise next week. Testing the theory.:rolleyes:;)

And I need to update my signature -- we've been cruising more than booking, so we are down in our future cruise count. Oh, the horror! :D

you need the "Pinnalce Plus" logo ;)

Enchantment Fall 2017--does anyone remember when the schedule was released?

All of you seem very familiar with pricing. Is $1570 for a GS [base price only 5 nighter] a price which is in line with what she usually is? I went ahead and reserved it. It does seem like prices are up right now.

Compared to the new prices, my Anthem GS for this October is dirt cheap.

Enchantment Fall 2017--does anyone remember when the schedule was released?

All of you seem very familiar with pricing. Is $1570 for a GS [base price only 5 nighter] a price which is in line with what she usually is? I went ahead and reserved it. It does seem like prices are up right now.

Compared to the new prices, my Anthem GS for this October is dirt cheap.

I don't recall the exact date but it was the week of March 21

We do typically cruise Thanksgiving Week and the Freedom sailing fits into our schedule....but not quite ready to jump on to those prices. I am hoping that those prices are for Balcony Cabins.

Hi Paulette (waving hello)! Yes, these prices are all for lowest price oceanview BALCONY cabins.

By comparison, the base price for our two balconies on Navigator Thanksgiving cruise last year was only $764 per person for 6 nights ($127 per night) and came with $100pp OBC from Royal (making it only $111 per night).

Heck, the base price for our JS on this year's 5-night Indy is only $864 per person or $165pp per night. Unfortunately, we will have the boys in the JS with us because I couldn't pass up the $239pp rate for 3rd/4th (and the cabin features a separate bunk area for them). That brings the base price for the 4 of us down to $106 per person per night for a Junior Suite during Thanksgiving week!

I currently have $2k tied up in deposits for Thanksgiving 2017 cruises on Harmony and Oasis until I decide. I really don't want to do another land vacation over Thanksgiving but ... :(

~ Judy

Looking at the prices for Thanksgiving week 2017, including the new releases, the prices are crazy high! :mad: And we need two cabins! :eek: :eek:

These are the base amount before taxes, etc. per person (and per night, for comparison) for oceanview balconies:

Harmony... 11/18/17..7nE FLL...$1670 ($239)

Allure ....... 11/19/17..7nW FLL..$1455 ($208)

Oasis ........ 11/19/17..7nE PC....$1316 ($188)

Indy ......... 11/18/17..5nW FLL.....$930 ($186)

Rhapsody.. 11/19/17..7nW TPA...$1295 ($185)

Freedom ... 11/19/17..6nW FLL.... $989 ($165)

Brilliance... 11/23/17..7nW TPA...$1091 ($156)

I was disappointed that the 4 new Thanksgiving itineraries they released this week are all western. Also, since I'm on the west coast of Florida, I'd love to sail out of Tampa but the Brilliance doesn't even get back to Tampa until Thanksgiving day and the Rhapsody is almost as expensive as the Oasis!

So it looks like it's either Oasis or Harmony for us but probably will go for the cheaper neighborhood balconies with the extra "Eat, Drink & Play" perks. I booked Boardwalk balconies on both ships when the itineraries opened up last month. The prices then went up correspondingly when they offered free gratuity OBC (and didn't come back down with the new tax-free offer which doesn't apply to these cruises. :rolleyes:)

OT to CRUISEBOY305 - We are back on the Independence for this year's Thanksgiving week cruise so I clicked on the photo album in your signature just for the fun of it. And boy was it fun! Those are really fantastic photos!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

~ Judy

Are the D1 corner afts on Deck 7 wraparounds?