Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Our unique and exciting cruise from Singapore to Dubai has been replaced with a shorter less interesting cruise 2 months earlier :mad:

Looks like a land based holiday for us - when RC finally have the courtesy to inform us that they've cancelled our cruise.

Our unique and exciting cruise from Singapore to Dubai has been replaced with a shorter less interesting cruise 2 months earlier :mad:

Looks like a land based holiday for us - when RC finally have the courtesy to inform us that they've cancelled our cruise.

Would Celebrity Constellation not fill the gap?

We are waiting the next release of "X" itineraries with bated breath, to book Connie for 2019 b2b Singapore/Abu Dhabi/Rome, as long as the itineraries are still the same.

We are waiting the next release of "X" itineraries with bated breath, to book Connie for 2019 b2b Singapore/Abu Dhabi/Rome, as long as the itineraries are still the same.

I'm booked on Constellation for 2018. amazing itinerary

Thanks for the suggestion and the itinerary is almost identical so would have been fantastic, but unfortunately the dates are a full month earlier and impossible to do due to work commitments :(

I was hoping to do Dubai but this itenerary sounds good for my next big birthday in 2019!!!:)

I was hoping to do Dubai but this itenerary sounds good for my next big birthday in 2019!!!:)

Still possible if you don't do the b2b. There are excellent coach links between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. A simple google search should throw up plenty of leads.

Edited by harz99

Someone has posted the full statement from Royal on a social media site...here is the jist

1 Legend to be sold in 2017 (joining Splendour in TUI as Discovery 2)

2 20 Feb 2017 will see Legend repo from Brisbane to Sinapore

3 Rhapsody will transition from New Jersey to Europe to take over from Legend. (no dates)

4 Vision will transition from Europe to Cape Liberty to take over from Rhapsody (no dates again)

5 Full refund of deposits paid for those who wish to cancel.

6 Those wishing to rebook will get OBC and they will discuss hotel and flight arrangements with affected guest.

7 Guest on the affected cancelled Brisbane sailings who choose to rebook onto Sydney sailings will get $300 credits towards flights

And they "are truly sorry to disrut our guest' holidays and apolgise for the inconvenience caused"!

Someone has posted the full statement from Royal on a social media site...here is the jist

1 Legend to be sold in 2017 (joining Splendour in TUI as Discovery 2)

2 20 Feb 2017 will see Legend repo from Brisbane to Sinapore

3 Rhapsody will transition from New Jersey to Europe to take over from Legend. (no dates)

4 Vision will transition from Europe to Cape Liberty to take over from Rhapsody (no dates again)

5 Full refund of deposits paid for those who wish to cancel.

6 Those wishing to rebook will get OBC and they will discuss hotel and flight arrangements with affected guest.

7 Guest on the affected cancelled Brisbane sailings who choose to rebook onto Sydney sailings will get $300 credits towards flights

And they "are truly sorry to disrut our guest' holidays and apolgise for the inconvenience caused"!

See my posts above. I have posted the dates for Vision and Rhapsody

I'm ON the vision for the last cruise in Europe; I wanted to stop in Iceland before returning to NY. Only problem-- it arrives THREE days later than I need it to so that I can return to work!!! Arghhh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a difference between "time to time" and two 180 degree swings in under three months. Rhapsody was going to Europe 4/2017. That was cancelled March 2016, the ship was redeployed to Cape Liberty for the summer season 2017. Now, it is being deployed to Europe for 2017. That is a large number of people to inconvenience. One would have thought this decision could have been made 10 weeks ago.

Wasn't Rhapsody supposed to go to Port Canaveral at one time too?

Rhapsody 9/20 Canada/NE is not showing sold out on RCI website but 9/8, 10/1 and 10/11 are. We're booked on 9/8 and 9/20. Tried to put a hold on one of the Vision sailings but can't. :confused:

Got an email from our TA that she forwarded from RCI. Rhapsody 9/7 has been cancelled but no mention of 9/20. I'm going to assume that will be the next email. lol

Asked her to book us on the Vision cruises and hopefully get the same cabin.

Got an email from our TA that she forwarded from RCI. Rhapsody 9/7 has been cancelled but no mention of 9/20. I'm going to assume that will be the next email. lol

Asked her to book us on the Vision cruises and hopefully get the same cabin.

Shifted.

We were on 9/20/17 on the Rhapsody, and when I logged in this morning, we were already booked on the Vision.

Very different cabin, but because of the change, the cabin we wanted on the Rhapsody was available, so we got it.

Thanks to Comcast, we don't get marketing e-mails from RCI, so I had to reply on this board. So thanks for helping us get a better cabin than we started with.