John Heald just posted re next Liberty sailings

hartsnvt

John Heald just posted this on his FB page:

For those of you who have been asking me I am very happy to tell you that the Carnival Liberty’s next cruise departing this Sunday is indeed scheduled to operate as normal.

Cheers and have a brilliant time

Good news! What a relief to so many who surely have been on edge the past day or so. Glad to hear. :)

I wouldn't scoot too far back from the edge. This really just means they haven't canceled it yet. (It's still -scheduled- as normal.) They haven't even fixed the problem yet...

I wouldn't stress, but I would formulate a backup plan.

Edited by skittl1321

I don't think this is true as we were scheduled for a B2B but they are telling us the 9/13 sailing is not going.

Just noticed this posted on John Heald's (social network) page:

"Back on the Carnival Liberty our guests that have not already flown to San Juan are enjoying shows' date=' music, laughter and the usual brilliant service from the Carnival crew.

We are also telling our guests on back to back cruises the good news that we are planning to operate Sunday's cruise as scheduled.[/color']

Cheers"

I wouldn't scoot too far back from the edge. This really just means they haven't canceled it yet. (It's still -scheduled- as normal.) They haven't even fixed the problem yet...

I wouldn't stress, but I would formulate a backup plan.

Oh, true true! I don't have a dog in this fight, meaning no cruise booked on this ship. I can just imagine how stressful it is for folks with a cruise booked on Liberty next week or the week after even.

John Heald just posted this on his FB page:

For those of you who have been asking me I am very happy to tell you that the Carnival Liberty’s next cruise departing this Sunday is indeed scheduled to operate as normal.

Cheers and have a brilliant time

The parsing of words is interesting on all posts about Sundays sailing. Yes it's been scheduled, and has been since it was, and the latest. That we "we are planning to operate Sundays cruise as scheduled." Just like they were planning on sailing to San Juan last night.

I'd like to see something that says outright, "the ship is sailing this Sumday", which would put those cruising minds at ease.

I'd like to see something that says outright, "the ship is sailing this Sumday", which would put those cruising minds at ease.

I don't think they could say that until the ship sails though.

What if a roaming gang of pirates overtakes the boarding process on Sunday morning? The ship won't sail!

Carnival can never make guarantees of this matter.

(But "all issues have been fixed and the ship is ready to sail on Sunday" would seem a bit more authoritative than the current wording.)

Just noticed this posted on John Heald's (social network) page:

"Back on the Carnival Liberty our guests that have not already flown to San Juan are enjoying shows, music, laughter and the usual brilliant service from the Carnival crew.

We are also telling our guests on back to back cruises the good news that we are planning to operate Sunday's cruise as scheduled.

Cheers"

Thank you for this update!

After my previous post we returned to our cabin to a message that now they intend to sail on 9/13. Let's hope so!! :)