Alcohol from cabin to decks?

koss78b2

So i have purchased some drinks for my cabin from the Carnival fun store, things like a bottle of wine and a few cans of Beer and cans of Coke.

can i take those items and drink them on the Libo deck or carry them around the ship and drink? minus going to dining room? thanks

So i have purchased some drinks for my cabin from the Carnival fun store, things like a bottle of wine and a few cans of Beer and cans of Coke.

can i take those items and drink them on the Libo deck or carry them around the ship and drink? minus going to dining room? thanks

You can take them anywhere, including dining rooms.

Out to Sea will be here to lecture about the rules soon.

As per Carnival's website:

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)

All alcohol purchased through The Fun Shops (via telephone order or online) for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that was ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse.

Now this rule is virtually unenforceable so do as you wish!

Edited by n6uqqq

As per Carnival's website:

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)

All alcohol purchased through The Fun Shops (via telephone order or online) for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that was ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse.

As per the cruise contract:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar.

So wine/Champagne not ordered through the Fun Shop can be served in the dining room or steakhouse if you pay a corkage fee.

As per the cruise contract:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar.

So wine/Champagne not ordered through the Fun Shop can be served in the dining room or steakhouse if you pay a corkage fee.

That isn't my quote, that is directly from Carnival's website. They contradict themselves :D!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

Pre-ordered my beers, and took them any where I pleased, no way they can know! Also uncorked my own wine at dinner, never paid the fee. Took wine from my room in stateroom glass and just waltzed into dining room with it. I'm a rebel! I think they are little lax on some of these rules, as long as you're not a slobbering drunk.

I had the same concern 'till the head waiter took my drink at the door of the MDR and handed it to a waiter, who carried it to my table. I'm sure he knew where it came from since it was in a stateroom water glass.

I also carry a glass of wine into the MDR. It's from the legal bottle I brought onboard.

I also carry a glass of wine into the MDR. It's from the legal bottle I brought onboard.

If you just take a glass of wine into the dining room, it's fine even if it came from your cabin. If you took the whole bottle of wine brought from home, Carnival may or may not charge the corkage fee.

There was a post a few days ago from someone who had friends with him and they brought 4 bottles of wine to the dining room and were charged $40 by Carnival as a corkage fee. He said the wine was screw top and not corked and tried to get the charge removed. Carnival stuck to it's rules and wouldn't take it off.

Mr Wonderful got even by taking the $40 off tips. I thought he was a jerk as did many others. The rules are posted that they can charge the corkage fee and I know if it's not a bottle from the ship, they do charge the fee in the Steak House. If in the MDR you won't get charged, consider yourself lucky.

One 'easy' way to do this with beer/wine/champagne from the room is to get a bucket from the Lido bar. They have the cheap white plastic buckets there that you can get when you order a bucket of beer, or just ask them and they will give you one.

Your steward will fill that for you if you bring it back to the room. Or, you can get it filled with ice at a lido bar, or just use a cup from the lido buffet drink stations. Took a bottle of champagne and a reusable water bottle we brought from home. Filled the water bottle with the morning juice (using a separate clean cup, not the bottle directly :rolleyes:), set that bottle and champagne in the white bucket, filled the bucket with ice from buffet... found a great spot on Lido for mimosa refills all morning long :D