Settle cruise terminal

peteb

We are on Solstice late May - prob just before you -

We have never been to Seattle - have booked 3 days there pre cruise

I cant wait to see Pike's Place!

Cruise is for our 20th wedding anniversary - a bucket list tick.

Hope we all have a great time!

We did it last year and stayed in Seattle for three days, duck boat was fun, tour of Seattle and then you do a tour on the water. Also, underground tour of Seattle is interesting. One caution, many beggars so be careful. We had a late flight going home so did the Space Needle after the cruise on a ships tour.

Edited by dkjretired

We did it last year and stayed in Seattle for three days, duck boat was fun, tour of Seattle and then you do a tour on the water. Also, underground tour of Seattle is interesting. One caution, many beggars so be careful. We had a late flight going home so did the Space Needle after the cruise on a ships tour.

Thanks for that!

I will check out the duck boat for sure. Underground is a no go for me - shivers at the thought lol

Thanks for the heads up on the street beggars - beggars I feel sad for - but having one day been duped out of my cellphone by a so called "beggar" (Turns out he was an illegal immigrant and he was caught on camera) - I try to be more streetwise. I was born in Glasgow but have lived in very very rural countryside now for many years and I forget to be on my guard. Thanks for the tip!

I have a hotel booked on booking.com but any tips on hotels welcome!

Our hotel is nearby to the space needle -

Very excited about the cruise !

Thanks for that!

I will check out the duck boat for sure. Underground is a no go for me - shivers at the thought lol

Thanks for the heads up on the street beggars - beggars I feel sad for - but having one day been duped out of my cellphone by a so called "beggar" (Turns out he was an illegal immigrant and he was caught on camera) - I try to be more streetwise. I was born in Glasgow but have lived in very very rural countryside now for many years and I forget to be on my guard. Thanks for the tip!

We did a travellodge near the Space needle, it was clean but older, not much around. We did it because it was free with some points.

Obviously Pike Market, but we found the following fun:

- Take a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island and stroll through the small town which has a couple of wine tasting stores.

- Tillicum Village - Argosy tour ride around the south harbor followed by a great lunch/dinner.

- Chittenden Locks. Watch the yachts, fishing vessels and others transit from Puget Sound (saltwater) to Lake Washington via tour boat from Seattle or car/taxi.

The Cruise Critic "West Coast Departures" forum, which is located under "North American Homeports," has a great amount of information regarding Seattle hotels and attractions. You may find it of use.