Sky suite under the ocean view cafe?

Savmom9801

My husband and are on the Eclipse in December - celebrating our 20th anniversary and our first Celebrity cruise. We currently are booked in a C2 on the "hump". I am thinking about changing to a suite, but the only thing left are sky suites on deck 12 under the ocean view cafe. I've always stayed between stateroom decks so I'm not sure if the upgrade to suite would be worth losing the hump balcony and locations between stateroom decks. I've read mixed reviews about the noise level below the ocean view cafe. We are traveling without kids so I don't want to be awakened early by serving carts and chairs scraping. Also how does Luminae compare to the main dining room? We will be eating specialty restaurants several nights, but do have a few nights where we will be eating in the main dining room. Anyone whose stayed in the sky suites on deck 12 recently have any thoughts?

Edited by Savmom9801

We've stayed in 2123 on Eclipse and Equinox with no noise issues. It is under the carpeted table area so no rolling carts. The cabin more aft seem to have most of the issues.

We haven't cruised since Luminae opened so can't help you there but it has been getting great reviews. In a suite you also have access to Blu.

My husband and are on the Eclipse in December - celebrating our 20th anniversary and our first Celebrity cruise. We currently are booked in a C2 on the "hump". I am thinking about changing to a suite, but the only thing left are sky suites on deck 12 under the ocean view cafe. I've always stayed between stateroom decks so I'm not sure if the upgrade to suite would be worth losing the hump balcony and locations between stateroom decks. I've read mixed reviews about the noise level below the ocean view cafe. We are traveling without kids so I don't want to be awakened early by serving carts and chairs scraping. Also how does Luminae compare to the main dining room? We will be eating specialty restaurants several nights, but do have a few nights where we will be eating in the main dining room. Anyone whose stayed in the sky suites on deck 12 recently have any thoughts?

We have been in Luminae on 2 separate sailings since its introduction. I would place the experience on equal footing with the specialty restaurants. We sailed on Silhouette this past April and it just so happened to be the 2nd week since it had opened on that particular ship. One would have expected growing pains since it was so new, but not a hiccup. The menus are a little more limited than the main dining room, but preparation and presentation are first class.

Assuming a move from a C2 to a suite makes financial sense, you will be very happy with Luminae and you may, in fact, re-evaluate how many specialty restaurants you are planning to visit.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

Do it! Those corner aft suites are wonderful. We've been in them 6 times, although never on that particular deck. We're usually one deck down.

Book it and have no worries. Keep checking the website and if you find one available before your cruise that is a deck or two down, just change. No cost.

We just did that yesterday. Had a fully paid for CS and then found one available on the angle of the hump (bigger balcony) so we nabbed it.

Yes we stayed in a Sky 1 on deck 12 in May this year and my sister had a Sky 2 next door. Great suites with lots of room and we were not troubled by any noise from above.

Luminae is super. Much prefer it to the speciality restaurants. Tables are well spread out, good food and nothing is too much trouble for the staff in there. If you want something, just ask. I wanted cheese one day and asked for it to come from Murano as it is much better. Not a problem, they fetched it.

If you get chance upgrade, you'll love it.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed in a room under the equivalent of the Oceanview Cafe on NCL, and it was my worst experience ever in terms of noise...it wasn't a carpeted area and early in the morning we heard everything from cleaning, moving tables and chairs, to prep noises...terrible.

Savmom9801 - I saw you bowed out of the roll call. However, I also saw that you were thinking of coordinating/organizing the Cozumel Bar Crawl. This type of excursion seems perfect for wife and I; and if you're coordinating, we'd love to be included. We're just two people who love beach bars; and the ones on this excursion sound like fun

Edited by overama

We've stayed in 2123 on Eclipse and Equinox with no noise issues. It is under the carpeted table area so no rolling carts. The cabin more aft seem to have most of the issues.

We haven't cruised since Luminae opened so can't help you there but it has been getting great reviews. In a suite you also have access to Blu.

We have stayed in S2 2121 and found it very noisy day and night. If you are not a light sleeper you may be o.k. Luminae is worth it.

maggie.1008 - Was this on the Eclipse, as well? I find it interesting that just one cabin aft of you that CHEZ says there was carpet and no noise above her cabin.

Also, I read all the reviews on cabin 2121 and although there were not any reviews on the Eclipse (please report your experience in the S-Class Cabin Information Compilation. Knowing about the noise in this stateroom would have been helpful before we chose that stateroom. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018;)) and most said that the noise, if any, was barely noticed.

There was one report about the Equinox stateroom 2121 without any noise complaint, so I assumed that when the Eclipse and Equinox were built, that the noise issue was taken care of with carpet.

We stayed in a SS on the Reflection without any bothersome noise. Of course, the stateroom numbers are different on that ship. ;)

Iamthesea, we decided to go and see. Our trip is after your trip, so it wouldn't be helpful, but I will post a review of our stateroom when we return. I am hoping we are below the carpeted area. I find it interesting how many SS2's are available on our sailing on deck 12. Hoping we haven't made the wrong choice.

We returned yesterday from ten days aboard the Reflection in a Sky Suite (2134), deck 12, under Oceanview Cafe. We NEVER heard ANY noise while in the cabin, even if the door to the veranda was open. The ONLY time we heard chairs or carts was if we were on our veranda for a very early morning breakfast. We commented several times about how well the cabins were sound proofed. (This is the cabin we were assigned through a Suite Guarantee booking.)

We returned yesterday from ten days aboard the Reflection in a Sky Suite (2134), deck 12, under Oceanview Cafe. We NEVER heard ANY noise while in the cabin, even if the door to the veranda was open. The ONLY time we heard chairs or carts was if we were on our veranda for a very early morning breakfast. We commented several times about how well the cabins were sound proofed. (This is the cabin we were assigned through a Suite Guarantee booking.)

On the Reflection, 2134 is NOT under the OV Cafe. It is under the decking area of the pool. ;) The Reflection deck plans are different from any of the other Solstice class ships. :) We were in 2179, that was directly under the entrance/bar area of the OV Cafe.

Edited by Iamthesea

We have been in 2126 without any problem. Really liked the location.