Barcelona Terminal?

Wj420

The only problem you will find with taxis in this city is that they all overcharge.

I thought it was something they did to foreigners but after speaking to Spaniards they to report that they are ripped off by taxi drivers be warned

The correct fare from the Airport to the Cruise port is €29 you will be lucky if you get if for€40

The only problem you will find with taxis in this city is that they all overcharge.

I thought it was something they did to foreigners but after speaking to Spaniards they to report that they are ripped off by taxi drivers be warned

The correct fare from the Airport to the Cruise port is €29 you will be lucky if you get if for€40

You're absolutely right about taxis ALWAYS trying to overcharge. They will use any excuse and certainly the language barrier (unless you speak Catalan!). The taxi system is under the AMB control. Fees are publicly known. Go to this Website: http://taxi.amb.cat/s/home.html (in Catalan only) and print out your itinerary (in Catalan) and show it to the driver upon entering the cab. He will have no choice but to respect the calculated amount.

Nope, there´s a flat fee of 39 Euro from port to airport (or vice versa, you´ll find a photo here). There´s a big sign at the entrance of the taxi line up with all fees. Police is organizing the line and usually it moves pretty fast. The photo is from May 2015.

steamboats

I disembarked last Wednesday. There's a flat fee from the port to the airport (and vice versa) of €39 - no extra charges for luggage or number of passengers. Probably due to so many complaints regarding rip-offs which Barcelona is notorious for. We had one large suitcase each and two pieces of handluggage each - a total of 6 bags.

Edited by Beamafar

We found that they want to charge you extra for your bags. Perhaps one bag per passenger is included, but if you allow them to put your carryons in the trunk, they want to charge you for them. EM

No, not anymore. The 39 Euro are a flat fee including all bags. We´ve been 3 people with 4 bags. We paid 39 Euro both ways in May.

steamboats

We were there in May, the lines for taxis were well over an hour wait. People were waiting around for blocks outside the terminal. There were a number of ships in port that day and not enough taxis to accomodate. There is a port bus that goes into town if that is all you want to do. We were there a few years ago and had no problem but not this time.

Maureen

We disembarked from the Allure of the Seas (plus roughly 4,500 others) on May 31st. In port was the Norwegian Epic and one other ship. The Allure did use two terminals (B and C). No big line at all. We didn´t wait any longer than 5 min.

With those two Mega ships plus a third one you can imagine that the port has been crowded that day.

We got off with the last groups and were called shortly prior to 9 am. It might be more crowded earlier.

steamboats

Go for the

Port bus, 2uros, then metro 2 euros, then train 4 euros to the airport

Did this departing equinox, only took about an hour or so and wasted time before our flight.

It was actually good fun

I will be departing from Equinox in October and still pondering the final transfer to the airport.

Was your route OK with cases in tow? Was there enough available space for them on the metro and train?

You can go by public transportation but be aware that most pickpockets are using this occasion.

There´s also an airport bus going to Placa Catalunya or Placa Espana. You still have to take the Green subway line from Drassanes to either of the places. But the bus might be the safer option than the train.

steamboats

I will be departing from Equinox in October and still pondering the final transfer to the airport.

Was your route OK with cases in tow? Was there enough available space for them on the metro and train?

We had a large wheeled suitcase each and a rucksack each. no problem with the port bus to the metro.

The green line to the Santes station from Drassanes was being refurbed so need to go the other way and pick up the train at passieg de gracia station (same line)

Valuables tightly packed inside the rucksacks and only a few euro's for the tickets in pockets

The metro and train station platform was fairly quite

I made a point of staring at anyone who looked suspicious or moved out of thier way.

Tickets purchased at the automated machines, always cover your back with the other person keeping watch just in case.

We found that they want to charge you extra for your bags. Perhaps one bag per passenger is included, but if you allow them to put your carryons in the trunk, they want to charge you for them. EM

Check the sign on the rear window inside the taxi, it clearly states the total charge is a combination of the meter fee AND surcharge per passengers over two AND surcharge for each piece of luggage placed in the trunk.

The fare I paid was exactly what the Barcelona Taxi web site predicted.

SAS

Go for the

Port bus, 2uros, then metro 2 euros, then train 4 euros to the airport

Did this departing equinox, only took about an hour or so and wasted time before our flight.

It was actually good fun

Keep in mind that Barcelona has 2 airports terminals. T2 is for most "low cost" and short hauls, whereas T1 is where most international and long hauls depart/arrive.

Train will bring you to T2 so you will need to take an extra shuttle from T2 to T1. If your flight is at T1, best for me is Aerobus (blue buses) from Plaça Catalunia or Plaça d'Españia directly to T1.

Just my 2 cents!