Beverage packages

Nurse Susie Q

For some reason some people worry about mixing different types of booze being a problem. The same people may order a Long Island Iced Tea and not realize there are 4 different types of liquor in the single drink!

I can't see an issue with following a rum drink up with a straight up bourbon or something else. It's booze. Maybe I'm a weirdo but I've never seen an issue with needing to have some type of special delineation between types of liquor. Why should there need to be a special "time frame" between one type of liquor and another?

As to timing, keep your colors together: Clear spirits (vodka rum) _or_ Colored spirits (Bourbon, Scotch, etc) can generally be mixed during a given drinking session.

Strive not to mix the grain and the grape!

None of that seems to apply to me. I can mix all types of liquor and also don't have an issue with the "grapes and grain" thing. I think it's all a bunch of hooey.

Of course I am an "odd" person so... ;)

Edited by Thrak

At the end of the cruise if you have not redeemed for all of your bottles, you can do so and then take them home with you.

What a devious but clever plan!

To crochet...Chartered Accountant (Australian term,

I believe that is a Certified Public Accountant. One of my brothers is one; we're taking his wife on a Caribbean cruise the 1st of October. He can stay home and iron his own shorts for a few days.

Steve

For some reason some people worry about mixing different types of booze being a problem. The same people may order a Long Island Iced Tea and not realize there are 4 different types of liquor in the single drink!

I can't see an issue with following a rum drink up with a straight up bourbon or something else. It's booze. Maybe I'm a weirdo but I've never seen an issue with needing to have some type of special delineation between types of liquor. Why should there need to be a special "time frame" between one type of liquor and another?

I rarely drink alcohol but plan to sample those Cocktails that appeal to me, when I cruise. I'm travelling alone, so need to remain clear-headed enough to manage independently. A former work colleague is also sailing on the cruise, he's a trained First Aider, and has already cheekily laughed, "Don't worry if you get tipsy from Cocktails, I can put you to bed!" In His Dreams! That's EXACTLY the situation I want to avoid. The friendship isn't that close that we'd even consider sharing a stateroom-a hot tub out in public view's different. Yes, I am rather strait-laced!

Found out more AUD$ Souvenir Prices last night, and 3 new options, 1 of which will suit my cousins very nicely-hubby's had an attack of the "dropsies" and smashed quite a few mugs with his clumsiness. No medical reason known, just misjudging his distance or grip. He "wore" a cup of hot soup, so learnt the hard way not to be so clumsy.

If you do a quick search there are lots of threads on this subject.

Here is one......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213354&highlight=all+inclusive

Add about $1.50 to the prices in this spreadsheet....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

Keith are you saying that the prices shown in the spreadsheet are $1.50 lower than they are currently? We know that drinks less than $10 are part of the package, but does that include the gratuity?

Keith are you saying that the prices shown in the spreadsheet are $1.50 lower than they are currently? We know that drinks less than $10 are part of the package, but does that include the gratuity?
There is an updated spreadsheet in post 205. Most of the prices were current as of this February except that all "Flavors of" drinks should be $8.95. Also, there are no more house wines or liquors so the minimum prices for wine by the glass and mixed drinks have also increased.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43468321&postcount=205

Edited by IECalCruiser

Any beverage that sells for $10 or less without the gratuity is included.

My downloaded copy of the spreadsheet says No Gratuity Included. HTH.
The OP didn't include gratuity in the spreadsheet calculations. The spreadsheet compares the $49.00 daily cost of the package versus the price of drinks without gratuity for an accurate comparison, but doesn't show the actual cost of the package or individual drink with gratuity included.

My husband and I were talking today about weather or not to get a drink package on our upcoming 5 day cruise. We had one on Celebrity and loved the freedom to get any drink we wanted, any time we wanted. I liked being able to get a variety of drinks too without thinking about price. The only draw back was that we felt like we needed to drink a lot to make it worth while having the package. After a couple days I was ready to stop drinking but felt like I had to keep it up to get my moneys worth. We drank more then we would have it we were paying for each drink. We decided on this cruise to not get the package but order what ever drink we wanted and see how it plays out. This way there will be no pressure to get our moneys worth.

There were 2 spreadsheets on CC, one was the first one made and the prices were the old prices. When I posted this did not realize the this was the updated list. ;)

So yes the $8.95 cocktail prices are current on that list. So do not add the $1.50. :o

There were 2 spreadsheets on CC, one was the first one made and the prices were the old prices. When I posted this did not realize the this was the updated list. ;)

So yes the $8.95 cocktail prices are current on that list. So do not add the $1.50. :o

That's what I guessed and used in my calculations. Just needed to know for certain that the gratuity was included.

That's what I guessed and used in my calculations. Just needed to know for certain that the gratuity was included.
Without the package, a drink that costs $8.95 will cost $10.29 or $10.30 with gratuity. However, because the cost of the drink is $8.95 it is included in the drinks available with the package because the cost is less than $10.00. The cost of the package is $49/day before the $7.35/day gratuity is added to make the final cost $56.35/day. The latest spreadsheet by the OP compares the $49/day cost with the individual cost of drinks without gratuity added.